5.0 out of 5 stars Recaps from the entire show
Published on May 18, 2000 by Rayne

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but could have been a lot better...
This book left plenty to be desired by diehard DAYS fans like myself. This is a true coffee- table tome in every sense of the word, a book that relies on pictures and a pretty layout but which is really threadbare underneath.
Published on December 2, 1998

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Recaps from the entire show, May 18, 2000
Rayne "raynebair" (Montgomery, AL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The (Paperback)
If you've just started watching Days or have even been watching for years, this book has recaps of all the storylines. Broken down in yearly segments, it covers all the important events that occurred each year from the begining in 1966 to 1996. It even has all the marriages, bad girls, and a complete cast list of everyone who was ever on the show during those 30 years. Color photos bring back great memories or vivid imaginations of the show's history. It's a great way to catch up on what's happening now or to clear up confusion on past plots.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for any DOOL fan, May 5, 1999
This review is from: Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The (Paperback)
This book really informed me about all the plot lines from the past, in order to understand the present. Along with the synopsis of the plot, it also contained sections recounting all the families, couples and weddings that have touched Salem throughout the years. There were also interviews with Kritian Alfonso, Peter Reckell and Diedra Hall, just to name a few. This book will be a memorable keepsake for any die-hard DOOL fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best book for a true Days Fan, April 28, 1999
This review is from: Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The (Paperback)
This book is one of the best Days books I have ever read. This book includes complete summaries from 1965 until 1995. It has classic Days photos and interesting Days Trivia. This is a must buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A TREASURE FOR DAYS OF OUR LIVES FANS, July 26, 2000
This review is from: Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The (Paperback)
If you are a fan of the long running soap, Days of Our Lives, then this book will take you back in time to when the soap first aired with full detailed descriptions of plots. Since this book was published a few years ago, there isn't information on the most recent storylines, but it does provide background of characters who remain on the show today. Complete with interviews, wedding photos and information on some of the most amazing families in the soap (such as the Bradys and Hortons), you will discover some things you may never have known about this hit daytime show.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great choice for a Days of our Lives Fan!, April 11, 1998
This review is from: Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The (Paperback)
I spent many times in the bookstore flipping through this book before I decided that it was just time to get it. For a Days of our Lives Fan, this Complete Family Album is as complete as it gets. Since this is the 30th Anniversary Edition, the time period spans from Days' premiere in 1965 to 1995. Although current storylines are not included, it is a great way to catch up on the histories of all you favorite characters and storylines. I have only watched Days of our Lives for the past 4-5 years so this book was really helpful in learning how the relationships between Salem's occupants first started. The book goes from year to year highlighting important events such as Bo & Hope's whirlwind romance, Marlena's love for both Roman and John, and of course the evil-doings of the great Stephano DiMera. The book later divides up into sections including Families, Lovers, and Weddings. The wedding section is one of my favorites with photos of all the marriages and almost marriages on Days'. Another great part of the book is the section on the Bad Boys/Bad Girls of Days of our Lives. Who can't admit that there wouldn't be much to a soap opera without its villians? Yhe rest of the book gives a Behind the Scenes look at Salem and also has interviews with some of its characters. There is a special tribute section to MacDonald Carey, the show's patriarch who played Dr. Tom Horton, and recently passed away in 1994. There are numerous other interesting facts and information that the Days fan will certainly enjoy and appreciate. Even if you aren't a Days of our Lives fan, this book is a sure way of getting you hooked. The show has been known for its intense and exciting storylines and the books author Lorraine Zenka has done a wonderful job in presenting those stories of ther past to the reader. I would definitely recommend Days of our Lives, The Complete Family Album to anyone who enjoys soap operas.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but could have been a lot better..., December 2, 1998
This review is from: Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The (Paperback)
The main section of the book is devoted to a long recapitulation of the entire storyline from 1965 to 1995. The first fifteen years or so are nicely done, well-written, with meticulous attention to character and plot details. But once the '80s hits, the storyline deteriorates into a wretchedly incoherent mess, confusing, muddled, and extremely lackluster as far as the quality of the writing is concerned. It makes a poor reading experience.
The other sections are alright, although I have many complaints. The Families sections leaves many of Salem's family trees out, and gives only the faintest details about those it does cover. More couples could have been included in the Lovers section, with more pictures as well. And the Villains/Villainesses section is grossly inadequate.
This is an interesting book to fans of DAYS, but it is highly unsatisfactory in many areas. There are not nearly enough photographs; the prose is unsmooth and choppy; and the font in which the book was printed becomes annoying after a while. In short, it makes me wish I were a fan of ALL MY CHILDREN or GENERAL HOSPITAL, because Gary Warner has produced some superbly lavish books on those soaps. When will the definitive DAYS album be written?...sigh...

4.0 out of 5 stars Days of Our Lives book review, September 21, 2003
S. Samuel (Cincinnati, Oh United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The (Paperback)
I got the 30th anniversary book because I've only been watching Days for a few years and wanted to know the backstories. I was very impressed. It gave very detailed information and the photos were wonderful!
The only problemm I have with it is that it ran a little long in places. What I mean is, a paragraph could go on forever, which made it easy to lose my place. But I really recommend this book to newbies who'd like to know more about the history of this great show!

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 Years of Entertainment, April 17, 1998
This review is from: Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The (Paperback)
The daily television show, "Days of Our Lives", has entertained millions throughout the
thirty years it has been on the air. Now, the program can entertain in another way--that
of the printed page. The book, "Days of Our Lives, The Complete Family Album" by Lorraine Zenka takes the reader back through the entire history of the Salem people.
It is truly a great deal of fun to go through the book, not only to read about all of those
that the faithful viewer has watched through the years, but to see the pictures of
them as they were and as they now are. Some may have been forgotten, but just a glimpse brings them back to memory very quickly!

The book may be read in the traditional manner from beginning to end, or a page may be opened at random and read in stages. No matter how it is done, this book is one
which will be valued by the reader and will give countless hours of delight!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Blast to The Past!, March 28, 2000
This review is from: Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The (Paperback)
Now this book is a must have DEFINATELY! It will take you back to thepast with a person to person history of all the tribulations eachperson has gone through and how they came to Salem. I can tell you that this book can take you back WAY back. From reminicing a specific wedding, death of a hated villian, to the birth of a child. This is a book you'd definately want to read while curled up around the fireplace eating some Bon Bons and sipping on some cappacino.
Let me know what you think! VOTE! END

5.0 out of 5 stars A diary of the "Days of My Life", September 26, 2005
This review is from: Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The (Paperback)
I love this book! If you are a fan of Days of Our Lives and grew up with it as I did then you need this book! If you are a new fan then this would be perfect for you to catch up on what you have missed so far! It brought back some amazing memories to flip through and read about some of the great storylines of the past. It's also complete with an extensive photo album of heroes, villians, couples and weddings.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The
Days of Our Lives: Complete Family Album, The by Lorraine Zenka (Paperback - October 17, 1996)
Used & New from: $0.01