Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 18, 2000
If you are a big Days of Our Lives fan, you must get this book. It takes you around the most popluar places in Salem with background info on what goes on at each location. It even has pictures to reminisce with. I used to be co-editor of Days Central (a fan web site) and this book was a definite help when it came to getting background info on storylines and characters.
Even if you just want to learn more about Salem, this is definitely a great source of information. With color pictures and a map of Salem you can be sure to find the information you need in this book.
on January 3, 2000
This book tells you a complete history of Salem, USA. If you are unfamiliar with the soap opera, this book will give you an extensive background and tons of information about it.I reccomend it to everyone. It's easy and fun to read.
on March 28, 2000
I'm an online Editor for Bella Online and I can tell you that this book is a MUST HAVE! It takes you door to door to all the families in Salem from the beginning of the show til now. So if you're just interested in how Salem came to be This is the book for you. From characters houses to the complete diagram of Salem, its all there including the Brady Pub! Now when someone on the show says they're going to the Pub you know just how to get there as if you were walking along with them! YOU'VE GOTTA HAVE THIS BOOK! Its a for sure collectors item.
on August 7, 2013
This is the First DOOL book I have bought. I've been a viewer since back in the 80's, but there were still people in the book I did not remember. It's fun to see the houses and how they use to be decorated and who once lived in them and who lives their now.

I wish I would have paid more attention and found out when this book was printed though. I would have been more interested in a tour through Salem now than back then. Hopefully they'll be an update to this book and they'll be actual Photos of the sets instead of mostly drawings. I'd love a page by page walk through town in pictures.

They show a big map of Salem in the book. I'd love to see the updated version. I remembered a lot of the people and places still, even though their were some I didn't remember.

Worth buying if the past interest's you. There's a lot still similar to today also. I'd just buy used. Unless your a collector.
on May 5, 2014
Note the publication date. This has the old Kiriakis mansion - you know back when Viv and Ivan were plotting to switch embryos ... Also, Abe's floor plan looks wrong - like he and Roman switched houses.
The map is interesting - except it spans over two pages so the page divide makes it a bit difficult.
I purchased because I was very curious re: Smith Island - why there are multiple ferries for an island with just the Horton Cabin - but it explained Smith Island a bit better ... Doesn't fully answer my question, but ...
on April 24, 2015
I was very happy with this book. It gives you a descriptive tour of Salem. It includes colorful photographs and illustrations. It also contains some trivia. This is a great book for new and longtime, fans.
on August 23, 2009
This book may be good for someone who has been watching the show in the most recent years going back to start in mid to late 80's I was dissapointed by it because I wanted more of the beginning of the show to present with a more thorough biography of ALL characters...I watched this show from its first episode as a teenager and I was anxious to have a book that would fill in the blanks for the years I havent been able to watch up til present so that I might be able to start watching the show and understand the story line and character developments. The book is 10 years old which I did not realize (my fault) when I purchased it. However I wasnt that dissapointed as I didnt pay a very high price for it and it is in excellent ( used) condition

It has beautiful photos and is slick and glossy so it is more or less eye candy for fans from late 80s to late 90's....one thing I thought was a waste of time and paper was maps showing the town as it related to each persons home and public places...that to me was not neccesary....it also showed floor plans for each characters home and related objects such as furniture art and antiques....this was also not really necessary as we all know those "sets" are NOT real...and the "sets" only include certain rooms etc that are used over and over so to "invent" a floor plan to me was kind of dumb

Might be enjoyed by some fans but as a fan from the beginning and wanting to reconnect it was a dissapointment

to each his own I guess
on April 9, 2006
I loved this book. I've been an on again off again watcher of DOOL and this book made me feel like I was reading about old friends.

In the first part you learn about the characters of the show and what there houses are like. The second part involves the places around Salem while the third deals with the places the Character's have visted. The last section deals with the weddings some of the characters have had and let me tell you some are very complicated.

This is a must have for every Days fan.

Penny Lane
on August 13, 1999
This book is great if you Want to know where the charaters lives and were they used to live all in all the book was interesting it has pictures too in the book.
on May 23, 1999
This book is excellent. I love the picture and drawings of the houses. Everyone who loves DOOL should have this book.