Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 9 Days: Whipped, Chained And Tortured By A Psychopath
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on August 12, 2013
Any reviews of this that are good are by someone making money off of it, that's for sure. The best thing I can say about it, is that's it's not the absolute worst I've seen, but pretty close. Don't waste your time.
on August 12, 2013
THIS MOVIE WAS SO GOOD I WATCHED IT IN ABOUT 10 MIN. THE ACTING WAS HORRIBLE WHOEVER WROTE THIS NEEDS TO BE SHOT. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR WHIPS AND CHAINS LOOK ELSEWHERE. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR HOT WOMEN IN OR OUT OF CLOTHES LOOK ELSEWHERE. BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR PHONY SENES A ROTTEN PSYCOPATH WHO CAN'T EVEN ACT LIKE ONE THIS IS THE MOVIE FOR YOU. I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU WHAT THE PLOT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AS IT HAD NONE. THIS WAS THE STORY OF O WITHOUT THE O
on August 9, 2014
The film is loosely inspired by " Dante's Inferno." Danielle (Maura Murphy) is abused by her foster father. She leaves home and gets picked up by Vigil (Chris Schleicher) a creepy personable psychopath who belongs to a Christian order of one that promotes the idea you must sin in order to be redeemed. Danielle becomes one in a series of victims.

The religious idea was one similarly practiced by an early Christian Gnostic sect. The torture sequences are light as compared to other films, i.e. this is "G" rated compared to the "Saw" series. Most of the film takes place in the basement of Vigil's house. The soundtrack consisted of a light song that appears to be sung in Hebrew. The problem is that the film is somewhat pointless and non-entertaining. It is supposed to be a dark comedy. The humor relies solely on Vigil's lines, which grew tiresome.

Parental Guide: F-bomb. Nudity (Maura Murphy)
on May 9, 2015
9 Days is a pretty decent film that focuses more on character relations and suspenseful drama. Most of the terror involved comes from the surrealistic yet organic setting of the film and the simple fact that a psycho lures young girls to his home and sets out to torture them into a better way of life. In some serial circles this is probably a great “date-movie”. Schleicher’s Virgil is a fun demented kind of crazy which makes you like his type of sinister s*** but I found Murphy’s Danielle a bit inconvincible in her role. I had to push the fact that she looked more 28 than 18 from my mind to appreciate the character’s story. However I never really believed she ever feared for her life or was anything but mildly aroused by her captor.

That being said Murphy did give a straight performance and was able to draw enough of the character out for me to enjoy the movie. It is a dark off-beat portrayal that rides heavy on melodrama with some really raw yet minimal violence. Toward the middle of the film I did find myself drifting off in thought but I came back to the story as it neared day nine. That is when the story gets stimulating once more. There is not much of a high intensity to the film instead riding a steady psychological antagony. I saw this film as more of a story about “how to pick up chicks in Hell” anti-romantic drama as opposed to a tense thrilling story of torture and survival.
on April 14, 2014
Save your time and money. YouTube has better. Naked hot chicks and narration by Morgan Freeman could not save this movie.
VINE VOICEon October 12, 2014
I'm not sure why I watched this thing; in the beginning I had the idea it was some kind of amateur production.
Sometimes once I get started on something like this, it's easier to finish it than quit.
I was glad that the villains got killed off in the end, but that doesn't justify the time spent on this load of old crap.

I'm basically inclined to agree with the other 1-star reviewers that this is a total waste of time, but evidently some people like it. I don't understand what they liked about it; I guess horror movies are not really my thing, but if I do see a horror movie I expect to be scared. This isn't scary at all, just disgusting.
I have to say, the actors did a good job, and deserve much better.

So, evidently this works for some people; but I'm going to rate it 1-star on the basis that it's mostly unpleasant, disgusting, boring, and I don't see any point to it.
on November 24, 2015
This movie is not too bad. Beautiful women but movie overall is not too exciting or any good to watch.
on November 14, 2014
Fairly good horror movie, Kind of strange ending!
on March 28, 2015
avoid not worth seeing
on March 14, 2013
Really well made film about runaways,psychos who pickup hitch-hikers and just pains of all kinds.
There is a certain Anthony Perkins-esque feel to the lead,But anyone watching probably wont remember the nuance that is.
The female lead is very good and I hope bigger and better things for her (Maura Murphy [...] )and the bad guy.