Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 26, 2012
I was looking for a heater that I could set to turn on at a time to warm up my room before I have to get up in the morning. This works wonderfully - you can set the heater to turn on or off in x-amount of 1/2 hour increments. The smell factor that some people have mentioned did not last more than 1/2 an hour, and is the same thing that happens with most new electronics. The beep is audible but not crazy loud as some people have made it sound. The remote is a nice feature, the only down side is that you can't set the timer with the remote. Overall its an excellent little heater!
on December 19, 2010
Just purchased this (Lowe's $38) and used it last night. I've used various (all ceramic) models over the years and was very pleased with this one - - planned to return to Lowe's for a second unit and was checking prices on Amazon. Will now be exchanging it for the tower version of this model (didn't realize it featured a multi-function remote) which received great reviews here. The oscillator works well (90 degrees side to side).
NOTE: despite the claim here of an internal tip-over switch (not stated on the carton) this unit will not shut off until the overheat sensor activates. I did not wait for that to occur as I tipped the running unit over backwards, forwards and each side - - the only difference was reduced air output on its back (since the carpet was blocking the fan's air input) and higher temp setting when tipped forward (as the temp+ button contacted the carpet).
Bottom Line: had I not found a more desirable alternative, or preferred a shorter unit, I would have purchased a second identical unit and been quite satisfied (although careful to reduce tip-over risk).
on November 11, 2013
Summary: Loud fan. Beeps are annoying. Eco mode has loud fluctuations in fan speed. IR control is a plus.

The good:
-It does heat the room
-The IR control is a plus and there is an option to bring the control to the Harmony line of remotes
-Oscillating function
-24 hour timer function in 1/2 hour increments. It has a two way timer. If the heater is on, it will be a timer to turn it off. If the heater is off, it will be a timer to turn it on.
-Removable filter
-Celsius or Fahrenheit display options

The bad:
-Every time you change a setting on the unit or hit a button on the remote, it beeps. It also beeps when the thermostat tells it to come back on. The beep is fairly loud and therefore this was not ideal for a bedroom where someone else is asleep and you just want to turn it off (BEEP!). I ended up taking it apart and putting several pieces of duct tape over the speaker. You need a torx screw driver for two screws (More detailed instructions for this fix with pictures in the comments section of this review. Note you can only see the Comments Section on a computer and not a mobile device).
-It is generally loud and gets even louder at times. This is in comparison to two other heaters I have from Vornado and Dr Infrared. What is especially annoying is when the heating coil is turned from max to min intermittently in Eco mode, the fan gets faster and significantly louder. This also occurs when the heater is turned off as the coil is shut down and the fan continues for 5 or more seconds...very loudly. With the timer, the fan continues even longer (see below). It may be due to the surge in power when the heating coils turn off and the fan continues. Delonghi should have compensated for that.
-The settings are not intuitive. For example, the Min setting is called "1" for some reason and the max setting is called "2". There is also a setting depicted by a snowflake icon that is the "Antifreeze option". According to the instructions, "Anti-freeze: In this operating mode the appliance keeps the room at a temperature of 45°F (7°C) to prevent freezing". This seems to me to be a more upscale heater. I don't think the target consumer for this is going use this in their home at 45 degrees or put it their shop or garage at all. I also question the wisdom of using a space heater unattended which you would most certainly do on Anti-freeze.
-No tip over safety switch.
-No independent control of fan speed. There is a max/min setting for heat only.
-The noise level on the Min heat setting (called "1") is actually louder than max heat setting (called "2) because the fan speed is higher for some reason on min.
-No remote control button for timer (there is only a button on the unit)
-With the timer function for the heater going off, the fan continues for about 15 seconds, very loudly, before going off.

Overall, I really only like the IR remote feature of this heater (with the exception of no timer function on the remote). It is not a good option for the bedroom (if someone else is sleeping) due to the beeping and noise surge of the fan when the unit turns the heating coil down in Eco mode or the unit is powered down.

Update: November 2014. I continue to use this heater in the bedroom. It has performed well. I decided to raise my review to 3 stars after i was able to mute the beep to a tolerable level with some duct tape over the speaker. I have come to appreciate the convenience of the IR control more than the some of the drawbacks I listed above.
99 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2014
I bought this elsewhere, but wanted to share that I am really liking this heater! It doesn't quite do what I was hoping, but it's still a wonderful product.

Our home heating system (in a rented house) is very very expensive to run, very loud, and incredibly inefficient. I bought this heater specifically for the bedroom. My original intention was to find a heater that I could use to warm up the bedroom before I go to sleep, have it turn off after a certain amount of time, and then turn back on to warm up my bedroom just as I'm waking up. While the heater does have a timer function, I can't quite do what I wanted, but it's still working for me. I turn it on to heat the bedroom about a half hour before I go to bed. When I go to sleep, I turn it off and set the timer to turn back on around a half hour before I wake up. That's been working well so far.

Last night was the first night I tried leaving it on all night. I set at at it's lowest setting on Eco (60 degrees, I don't need it very warm while I sleep!), and it turned on and off throughout the night to keep it from getting any colder. It was much quieter than our whole house heater and worked very well. I just wish there was a way to have it run all night and then automatically go up to a warmer temperature once I'm waking up, more like a programmable thermostat.

So not quite, but it's as good as it's going to get I think! I'm looking forward to using much less propane this year.
on April 16, 2013
You can buy this exact same heater NEW at Loews for $39.98 with a FULL WARRENTY. AND it works great glad I kept looking else where.
on December 28, 2014
It seems to be a good heater but the electronic thermostat is too sensitive !!! It has a remote to control the functions or the buttons on the heater can be used. The thermostat is so bad that it will turn off the heater and then 30 seconds later it will turn on again, stay on for a few minutes, turn off for 30 seconds and then on again repeating the cycle.
I covered the ntc hole port with tape and the longest the heater would stay off was 4 minutes.....It was still a bad test result and so now I'm returning them.
Don't waist your money on this heater......the thermostat acts like 1 degree differential just like a mechanical thermostat does.
on September 23, 2014
We purchased this heater at Lowes and this will be our second winter with it. I was on here checking prices and it sounds like we'll head back to Lowe's.
We keep it in our son's room. We keep it on eco mode in the high 60's and it keeps his room comfortable enough (we found 70+ made his room too warm for our house). We have never had smoke or a chemical smell. The surface of the unit gets warm but not hot enough to burn.
One con from a parent's perspective is that it beeps every time you push a button, however, the beep has never been loud enough to wake up our son if we adjust it while he's sleeping.
It does not have an auto turn off when turning over, but we only keep it on and plugged in when he's sleeping in his crib so I've never been concerned about it turning over. When he wakes up and comes out o fhis crib we turn it off and unplug it.
We had another baby and this will be his first winter so I plan on buying another for the nursery.
I love the eco mode. It turns on and off on it's own when it heats the room to a certain temperture so as to not over heat or run needlessly and I don't feel guilty about running an appliance like this all night long.
It also takes the place of our son's sound machine so we don't run both at the same time.
Everyone has a different purpose for buying and using a space heater. This matches our purpose perfectly. I would highly recommend to parents looking for a safe, quiet heater for a child's bedroom.
VINE VOICEon November 27, 2013
I love that I can set the temp on this heater, or just use it as a fan. I haven't had much success getting the timer to work, but I feel it's likely operator error and not the fault of the heater. I live with my brother, who prefers to keep his house like Antarctica. Personally I'd rather be in the tropics. This heater allows us to find a middle ground, as I can close my bedroom door and keep my room warm without warming the rest of the house.
on March 13, 2016
This heater is perfect! I love the remote and the timer and all the safety features. It's made using it in the office so much easier. Many people complained about a strong plasticky smell as soon as they plugged it in but I didn't experience it. It warms my office quick and I love how it will click on if the room goes below a specific temperature. My local hardware store didn't carry this specific version but with prime I got it super quick! Would and have recommended to friends.
on December 21, 2015
Bought this for my daughter. Her duplex has a furnace but only heats the living room, dining room area. There are no vents in her bedroom and it get very cold at night in her room. The room is approximately 10 x 12 and this little heater keeps it nice and toasty. The added feature of a remote control and time allows you to start it before you get up so you arise to a warm room. I would purchase it again if needed.