5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for cappucinos and lattes
Published on January 16, 2011 by Melo One

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional after air bubble removal
Made 1 espresso and then something happened with the internal pressure mechanism (my guess), as the machine could no longer force water through the capsules. Would like to return it ASAP so I can purchase a different machine that actually does work.

Published 8 months ago by CodeGuard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for cappucinos and lattes, January 16, 2011
This review is from: De'Longhi EN720.M Automatic Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso Machine with Capsule System (Kitchen)
We purchased this machine primarily to make cappuccinos and lattes. It is easy to use and consistently makes excellent drinks. We use bottled water for all of our coffee so we have not had to descale the maker. However, the machine comes with a water-hardness tester and the machine can be adjusted based upon water hardness. We did not have to use the tester or make any adjustments.

Having to order the coffee pods directly from Nespresso may be a problem for some users. We order all my coffee online so we do not find ordering the pods from Nespresso to be particularly inconvenient. Also, we like knowing that the pods are not sitting on the shelf of a retailer for months.

If you are looking for a machine to make espressos, cappuccinos and lattes, you will love this machine. We have not been disappointed at all with this machine and would buy it again.

At the time of this review, there is only one other review of the Nespresso Lattessimo Premium. I do not necessarily disagree with some of the points that reviewer is making. For the use he or she is describing, there are better choices (Kruig makes an excellent single cup coffee maker). In using another espresso machine, we found that low fat milk makes better foam. We also prefer using 0% or 2% milk, so that is not an issue for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Machine, July 4, 2013
This is NOT a coffee maker. It is a very versatile and fantastic hot coffee beverage maker. Everything is automatic. Produces the best tasting with heavy creama. I have not had very much luck producing a really satisfactory cup using anything other than the Nepresso capsules. The cost of the coffee is the only drawback. Nepresso ships your order almost immediately. Most of the time I receive my order the next day. Customer service from Nepresso has been quality. Good selection. I read in one review prior to purchasing this machine that the quality of the coffee/brand was the problem with using capsules that you can load yourself. I have tried strong coffee but I still do not get the quality, especially from the Lungo setting, using anything other than Nepresso. Espresso quality has been achieved - almost - and I am sure for Cappuccino and Lattes this would not be a problem. The convenience of the milk was one of the reason I purchased this machine and I am not sorry. Perfect steamed milk.

My husband does not care for Espresso drinks and this machine does not make "just" coffee. However, I am addicted and will never be able to "go back" to "just a cup of coffee" ever again.

UPDATE:October and several months down. Still really loving this machine. Only had one problem where needed to call customer service. It was my fault and not the machine. Customer service was excellent and I learned a few things about the machine. I use the LUNGO setting all the time. I enjoy a really rich cup of coffee. I use two (2) Lungo pods and two settings of Lungo and get a really large cup of "coffee" with wonderful crema. I have had no problem with the "heat". My drinks are sufficiently hot to last until the last drop. Even if I use a liquor to make an Irish Coffee, etc., the drink is still hot after adding the room temp liquor. I experimented with the different settings and mix two of them with only one pod to get my husband his coffee as he does not like the richness I do. Water tank is large. The chocolate coffee and caramel coffee offered by Nepresso is so delicious you can use them for your desert at night after a full meal without all the calories. I am still working on getting a comparable cup from using the hand filled pods over the Nepresso but Nepresso is still ahead. I have not been able to find the coffee listed by some reviewers that is supposed to work as well. Just gives me another reason to continue using this machine. It really has spoiled me. I have not had any problems with the machine breaking down, etc. Quality customer service has been consistent as has been the promptness of my orders being filled. Sometimes things start off good and slack off. This has not been the norm with either this machine or Nepresso.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cappuccino Maker!, April 24, 2012
Easy to use, easy to clean and makes a cappuccino on par with any restaurant or store, including Starbucks. I did think it was a bit pricy though, but so far, several months later, I'm not disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional after air bubble removal, April 29, 2014

Bigkitchen has stated: "Thank you for writing. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your item. Please note a De'Longhi representative will be contacting you directly as they need more information in regards to your De'Longhi EN720.M Automatic Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso Machine. Thank you"

So I can't actually return it. Great.

May 7, 2014: Update
The machine is now functional. After a week of back and forth with BigKitchen, I spoke on the phone with a factory rep from De'Longhi and with her help, we fixed it. The issue was an air bubble that had gotten in the machine. Nefarious, to say the least, because the machine first worked and then stopped, with no change from us. To resolve the issue, we turned on the water/milk heater and sprayed it for a bit.

Now that our initial issue was resolved, the machine is functional. The factory rep told us that air bubbles are caused when the machines sit at the factory for too long before being shipped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, April 21, 2011
Peter Dailey (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Love love love my new Nespresso machine. It's sleek, easy to use, and always makes great coffee. It's a must buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lukewarm Beverages, December 8, 2011
I so wanted to love this machine. But I must have got a lemon. The beverages are just lukewarm. No way I could ever prepare tea with the "hot water." If it brewed hot beverages, it would be the gadget of my dreams. The features are fantastic and so that's why I gave it 3 stars. It will also look great in any kitchen. One major con for me (had it been working properly) would have been that none of my glasses/mugs fit the narrow space for containers taller than espresso cups. I would have had to buy some Bodum or Nespresso Latte glasses, not cheap. Everything I already own works with the Citiz, even my thermal go-cups.

UPDATE: I returned this machine and got a Nespresso Citiz with Milk last week. I liked it so much that one week later I ordered another for my bonus room. I will review those FIVE STAR machines on their respective amazon pages, but have to say I am addicted to Nespresso drinks of all kinds in a little over a week! And my two Citiz w/ Milk cost me only $650 here on Amazon and I will get $150 in Nespresso Club credit as part of their holiday special. After you buy a qualifying Nespresso machine $250+, go to nespresso rewards.com for details.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT, April 30, 2014
I bought this machine for my husband for his birthday. He absolutely loved it. This machine makes lattes and espressos as if you were in a European cafe. It was money well spent. He used to live at Starbucks, but now would rather make one at home. My only complaint is how expensive the Nespresso pods are.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes excellent cappuccinos, lattes and espressos every time!, April 5, 2014
This is a good quality unit and serves up excellent espresso drinks without any work at all. Easy to clean up.
The main complaint is that the drink temperature is too low. I now preheat the cup and that addresses the heat issue. It would be great to have an adjustment for that.
It is expensive, but you get great what you pay for in this case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 31, 2013
This is one of the best coffee makers out. It's reasonably priced and makes all types of coffee.

The only down side is that your stuck with the Nespresso brand of coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Machine, December 26, 2013
Hank Sharp (BAKERSFIELD, CA, US) - See all my reviews
Great product and well worth it! So glad I finally purchased this product. Won't be going to the coffee shops asich now since I can make my own.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›