From the Manufacturer
DeLonghi's EOP2046 is a versatile and unique combination, a toaster oven and Panini press/contact grill that saves space by combining two products in one. You can make wonderful meals for the whole family at any time, all with one useful machine. With this machine you can easily bake an entree for dinner, toast a bagel for breakfast, or create authentic Italian Panini';s for lunch.
| The oven's Panini handle is connected to an internal press and can be used to create pressed sandwiches and authentic grill marks on top of food. It's perfect for sandwiches, fish, meat, vegetables, and many other types of meals. Also, it’s the only oven with an integrated Panini handle. |
| The non-stick grill plate is heated by a bottom element and sears Panini sandwiches, fish, meat, and vegetables. And because the grill plate is non-stick, cleanup is quick and simple: simply wipe it clean with a damp cloth.|
| And due to the oven's unique design, you have a compact machine, but one with a large interior cavity that can accommodate a full 12-inch pizza, bake an entree, or cook a side dish--making a meal for the whole family right on your countertop. You can also toast up to 6 slices of bread. |
- Multiple Cooking Functions--choose bake (450-200 degrees Fahrenheit), broil (500 degrees Fahrenheit), toast, slow bake, Panini, or keep warm for precise and convenient cooking
- Extra deep removable crumb tray allows you to easily dispose of crumbs and other food particles.
- Easy-to-use rubberized controls allow you to control cooking program and temperature
- Accessories include bake pan, 1 wire rack, 1 Panini grill plate, 1 Panini press wire rack, and a color recipe book
Top Customer Reviews
After a month of use, I'm growing very attached to this toaster. It took the heating element a few weeks to get up to full capacity, and now it's quite good.
Today, I used the panini element to bake/heat corn tortillas. MMM. Excellent, and much easier and healthier than pan fried. I'm loving our homemade Tex-Mex. I've baked in it (brownies), I've toasted in it, I've made panini sandwiches. My son has baked countless frozen pizzas in it by himself (he's a tween).
It's a bit more than a non-panini toaster, but I find that we do use the top grill and that the integration helps us save space.
After a week of use, the heating element seems to be working better than when we first got it.
I'd have to say it's a pretty good toaster oven now that it toasts better and faster. Give it a week to get into condition before jumping to conclusions about its baking power.
We started out by making panini in this toaster. It was great. Then, we tried toasting bread. . .funny . . .it didn't come out quite right and took a long time. Now, we panini our toast.
I also tried making a frozen pizza. It fits well, but didn't bake as well as our older DeLonghi toaster did.
Overall though, it is a nice space saver for those who like toasted sandwiches, and the toast (when paninied) is beautiful. The look of the toaster is also modern and appealing.
- It's VERY easy to toast items. We tend to leave the relevant dial on "Toast" - so it's just a simple twist of another dial to desired toasting result (light, med, or dark). This range is very wide, so a change of 1 or 2 mm does not equate to the difference between perfect toasting and burning the toast. Again, this was the case with the other toaster oven we tried, and seems to be a common pitfall of other brands. Also, the dials are comfortable and easy to grip & move.
- It takes a while to toast, which could be a negative for some. For us, it means that we don't end up with burnt toast...even if I'm tending to five other things and happen to leave the toast in the oven for a couple minutes after the bell goes off. This could be annoying for a household of just one or two adults, but in a busy family household, it's great.
- The device does not give off a ton of heat like the prior toaster oven we tried (and as many reviews of other models complain about), and the handle poses zero danger of burning oneself. This is especially helpful when older children start making their own toast.
- I'd been hoping to find a toaster oven that had all of these qualities and also pulled the tray out upon opening the door. This model does not pull the tray out, but I've been able to slide toast out easily without coming into contact with part of the oven. The wire rack is flat, so just make sure to slide it in with the bars resting on top...that way you won't hit the crossbar when sliding the toast out.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love it! My only suggestion would be to install a timer for use when baking.Published 5 months ago by CMB
We do like this. This seems to be the only toaster oven that doesn't get super hot on the exterior. Highly recommend.Published 14 months ago by jmmmj
OK, I tried to like this oven, because it's not cheap and it does bake, broil, etc. But a couple things - first, it's BIG. Really. Check the measurements. Read morePublished 17 months ago by sielee
This was a gift to my nephew and his sons... They love it and use it everyday. Easy to use, good quality and great results.Published on December 21, 2013 by New Amazon
Excellent quality... works well. Cannot really be used as an 'oven' unless cooking for one person. Even a 8x8 Pyrex doesn't fit. Read morePublished on December 12, 2013 by Tracy
Tom Thomson wrote "there is no timer for the oven on this model." He was refering to the DeLonghi EOP2046. But the toaster (non-digital) timer was also an issue with us. Read morePublished on November 15, 2013 by Tarheel77