The unit's front panel offers easily accessible controls for the on/off switch and cappuccino system, as well as for adjusting the quantity of water and coffee to suit individual tastes, from long or short to weak or strong. Its patented cappuccino system rotates 180 degrees to allow for any size milk container, plus the coffee spigot height can be adjusted to accommodate all different cup sizes--from a classic espresso cup to a tall mug. Even more, the units exclusive cup tray keeps cups warm before use, and its three-hour automatic shutoff provides added safety. Other highlights include a 60-ounce removable water tank, a handy water-level indicator, a 7-ounce bean container, an electronic steam and coffee thermostat, rinse and decalcification auto programs, and a removable drip tray for easy cleanup. Made in Italy, the 1,150-watt espresso/coffee machine measures 17 by 13 by 18 inches and carries a one-year limited warranty.
From the Manufacturer
Capable of preparing espresso, coffee, cappuccino, latte drinks, and more, this super-automatic machine features a unique beans-to-brew system that grinds coffee beans right before brewing for exceptionally aromatic espresso. The machine makes espresso at a consistently ideal temperature because of its new stainless-steel double boiler, which provides excellent heat distribution, as well as its instant reheat function, which keeps the machine at an ideal temperature, no matter how long the interval between cups.
|Its space-saving, integrated quieter burr grinder automatically grinds beans and can be set to a specific grinding level, but the unit can also be used with ground coffee if preferred. Its 60-ounce removable water reservoir and 7-ounce bean container allow for conveniently filling the water tank and emptying coffee grounds. The unit's front panel offers easily accessible controls for the on/off switch and cappuccino system, as well as for adjusting the quantity of water and coffee to suit individual tastes, from long or short to weak or strong.|
|The machine's patented cappuccino system rotates 180 degrees to allow for any size milk container, while its coffee spigot height can be adjusted to allow for all different cup sizes--from a classic espresso cup to a tall mug. The unit features an exclusive cup tray to keeps cups warm before use, as well as a three-hour automatic shutoff for safety. For added convenience the unit comes with a water-level indicator, an electronic steam and coffee thermostat, rinse and decalcification auto programs, and a removable drip tray for easy cleanup. Made in Italy, this 1,150-watt espresso/coffee machine measures 17 by 13 by 18 inches.|
Brewing Unit: The "Heart" of Magnifica
| The Magnifica features the smallest removable brewing system available on the market. Because DeLonghis patented boiler is so compact, the excellent heat distribution guarantees a perfect espresso at the ideal temperature every time. And, thanks to the removable boiler, cleaning the inside of the machine is easy. Even areas normally difficult to reach can be easily cleaned and without the use of harsh detergents. And because regular maintenance helps prolong the life of the machine, DeLonghis reliability is second to none.|
One of the secrets to making a high-quality espresso is using freshly ground coffee beans. Because of the beans-to-brew system, the Magnifica offers you coffee that has a delicious aroma. The coffee is freshly ground and no traces are left in the machine. Magnifica is the only super-automatic machine that delivers the freshest results.
- Compact and High Performance: Because DeLonghis new patented boiler is so compact, the excellent heat distribution guarantees a perfect espresso at the ideal temperature every time.
- Timeless Reliability: Thanks to the stainless-steel removable double boiler, the inside can be cleaned easily. Regular cleaning of the machine is essential for maintaining the best flavor possible and for minimizing the need for service.
- A Perfect Aroma, Guaranteed: The beans-to-brew system guarantees an espresso with a delicious aroma as the coffee is freshly ground. No traces of stale grounds are left in the machine.
- Instant Reheat: This special function heats the core of Magnifica, ensuring the machine is always at the ideal temperature for espresso, no matter how long the interval between cups.
- Removable Water Tank and Bean Container: Magnifica knows that the counter space in your kitchen is always at a premium. Magnifica is the only super-automatic machine that allows you to fill the water tank and empty the coffee grounds without moving the machine. All of the controls are at the front of the machine, from the on/off switch to the cappuccino system.
- Integrated Burr Grinder: A space-saver container for beans is fully integrated into the Magnifica. You can set the grinding level to customize your espresso. Magnifica can also be used with ground coffee. DeLonghi recommends the use of illycaffe for the best tasting espresso. Rich, smooth, balanced, and never bitter, illy provides the same consistent distinctive taste cup after cup.
- Coffee Spigots: Magnificas coffee spigot height can be adjusted to allow for all different cup sizes--from a classic espresso cup to a tall mug.
- Cappuccino System: The patented cappuccino system rotates 180 degrees to allow for any size milk container.
- Cup Tray: Magnificas exclusive cup tray, similar to those found in cafés, keeps cups warm before use.
- Front Panel: Magnifica allows you to customize your coffee by adjusting the quantity of water and coffee to suit your taste: long or short, weak or strong.
- Power: 1,150 watts
- Rated voltage/frequency: 110/120V, 50/60 Hz
- Water container capacity: 60 ounces/1.8 liters
- Beans container capacity: 7.10 ounces/200 liters
- Dimensions: 17 by 13 by 18 inches
- Selection for 1 cup
- Selection for 2 cups
- Cappuccino system
- Decaling program
- Removable water container
Important Instructions -Part 2 [PDF] | Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here [PDF] | Manual [PDF] | Important Instructions -Part 1 [PDF]
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 11 x 14 inches
- Shipping Weight: 28 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B000N2YKQ0
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- Item model number: ESAM3300
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (579 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,344 in Kitchen & Dining (See Top 100 in Kitchen & Dining) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here [PDF]
Top Customer ReviewsBy Vatsug on May 11, 2007I have the EAM3200, which is the previous model version. The differences are slight but noticeable to the newer. These machines are the best in class for price and performance, produce a great espresso, and are maintainable in ways that other manufacturers models are not. The coffee from the Delonghi is just as good as from Jura and even some manual models such as Expobar and Rancillo. It is very close to what you find in Italy - not quite, but for the price it is worth it. Great crema, hot temperature, rich flavor. And the best part is you can pull out the brew mechanism and clean it - VERY key. This will ensure sound operation and function for many years.
In order to keep this machine is fine working order, you need to do a bit of upkeep each week and use the right beans.
1. Only use non-oily, 100% Arabica beans. If you use oily beans it will clog frequently and attract rancid flavors. It will also shorten the life of the machine. I use Illy, but any espresso will do (I actually get the Illy dark roast - it has more flavor when brewing a larger "americano" cup).
2. Clean the brew mechanism once a week. Just snap it out and run it under hot water.
3. Use spring water instead of tap water. This will keep any weird flavors from your tap entering the coffee. It may build up minerals, but...
4. De-calcify the machine when it asks for it - don't wait.
I, for one, would rather have manual controls over coffee amount, strength, etc. You are not losing out on anything by not having digital controls - other than not being able to have the machine automatically on and ready to go when you first wake up. As for the other models ability to do milk-based drinks at the touch of a button - how often do you really want a cappuccino?Read more ›Thank you for your feedback.Report abuseSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try againBy Dale B. on November 30, 2007Now, after six years...
The machine does develop leaks... I ordered a couple of sizes of silicone O-rings and spring clips from McMaster-Carr and go in a couple of times a year to replace them. I should find a size that works better. We also had to replace the original gear-driven grinder when it wore out completely. The newer design belt driven grinder is SO MUCH quieter!! It's worth repairing this machine is it gets older. It still makes amazing espresso and coffee.
This is an update after three years of using our Magnifica.
We bought our Magnifica after using a similar machine while visiting friends in Germany. We have been using it for over 3 years now, and are still quite happy with it. My wife and I both drink a lot of coffee -- tall Americanos most of the day. I am a full time telecommuter, so I will average 3-5 a day in winter, 2-4 in summer. We also love being able to fill a couple of 16 oz. insulated cups before leaving on a road trip. I would say this machine probably gets more use than the manufacturer intended.
The unit has been fairly trouble free. We have noticed a few occasions when water leaked from the tank where it connected to the machine, leaving a puddle on the counter. After a cleaning and more carefully aligning the tank, it ceased being a problem. We have run the de-liming process when the machine asked for it. So far no other problems. I would strongly recommend a complete, thorough cleaning inside and out every month or two, though. Use a brush and a vacuum.
The cup warmer seemed like a great idea; in reality it doesn't do much. I was going to disconnect it to save electricity, but as it turns out it's just a metal plate over the hot water tank -- it doesn't use any additional electricity.Read more ›Thank you for your feedback.Report abuseSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try againBy Moore Paul Patrick on April 20, 2009[This review applies to the Magnifica 3200, this is the same as the 3300 with slight cosmetic differences.]
I bought this machine in 2006 after an almost-endless trawl through the internet reading owners' reviews - after all, we are talking about the search for the perfect espresso here!
The coffee quality is indeed great. The only misgivings I would have about using it are that the knobs have no user markings, which means that if there are several people in the house using the machine, it is impossible to select the previously-selected individual settings. Also, the time before the machine performs an auto-switchoff is fixed at about three hours. I couldn't find the power comsumption in the user manual when in "idle" mode, but I think it must be substantial since it keeps the boiler/cup-preheater hot during this time. Not that the preheater is any use - I warm my cups by first wetting them and then putting them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
More seriously, I have had the machine for three years and in this time it has broken down four times - the first time after six weeks, the second time after about 18 months, the third time after about 30 months, and again most recently last week. The first two times, the machine was fixed under guarantee, without any quibbles. I think the problem is that the environment these machines have to work under is probably the most severe to be found in the home: high-pressure boiling water, grinding, and the transport of the coffee grains within the machine. Maybe the build quality of the cheaper machines is such that they cannot cope?
While waiting this last time round for it to be picked up and repaired, I decided to open it up to check its build quality (I'm an engineer).Read more ›Thank you for your feedback.Report abuseSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Performs great and for the price, you can't beat it! Highly recommend if you're not up to spending thousands.Published 3 hours ago by Snowdog
I wanted an espresso maker every since I went to Europe! The coffee that I drank before did not measure up so I just had to get this and I am completely in love! Read morePublished 21 hours ago by carrie
The first machine spilled beans everywhere inside. The grinder on the second machine jammed after the making the first cup. Read morePublished 1 day ago by BW
We like it a lot. It is easier (less fussy) to use and the espresso is great!Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Stellar coffee for 3 days then complete death. No display, no functions, nothing. Apparently we're not the only one who's encountered this issue from this machine. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Genie in OH
Works great and is easy to use. Much louder than a Jura, but much less expensive. The water reservoir developed a small leak, found a small plastic shaving on the sealing... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Scott Smith
The number of problems this machine has is numerous: nearly every other day, the grinder ceases to work, and it resumes only after a number of different techniques that can only be... Read morePublished 5 days ago by sunshine
Went thru Hand pulls, (La Pavoni) semi's, two super automatics(Jura and Krupp), decided to finally go back to fully, never could get the right combo to make pulled espresso. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Joe K.
Set up an Amazon GiveawayAmazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers. Learn more
This item: DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also ViewedPage 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1