Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Movember Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes

VINE VOICEon February 5, 2007
I was amazed at how quiet and quickly it heats a room. I orginally purchased this for my bathroom since it is rated for that use. It was larger than I could accomodate to wall hang, so I put the wheels on and used it in my bedoom in order to lower the central heat at night. I cannot say enough about how wonderful it and my cats lay next to it without my fear of them getting burned. I do agree a temperature setting would be nice, but once you are at a comfortable level, simply adjust the dial and it keeps the room temperature stable. BTW it has a one year warranty, NOT 90 days.I love it!
on December 4, 2007
I purchased this heater after reviewing several heaters on the market. After reading consumer reports and seeing their review of this heater I decided to try it. This is a very good heater and will heat a room very well and is also a safe built heater with several safety features built in. It is very portable as it has casters and weighs very little so most anyone can move it very easily.I also purchased another heater which is a baseboard heater at the same time I purchased this one. The baseboard heater has a digital readout and can be set very easily but it is very hard to tell if the heat is radiating as it travels straight up.I would recommend this HHP1500 over any other I have reviewed.
on November 30, 2009
I purchased my machine in September of 2008. A year and two months later my heater began to give off random sparks. At first I dismissed it as a random spike, but soon afterwards I began seeing these lava colored burn marks on the heater. I stopped using the heater altogether out of fear that it was gonna catch on fire. Unfortunately for me this heater only has a one year warranty and my heaters warranty expired two months ago.

Just like the positive reviewers on this product, I used to love my heater. A week ago I would have given this heater 5 stars. For the first year it really worked well. The only real problem I had was that it was slightly noisy. I loved it so much that I purchased a second heater for another family member. I wonder how many reviewers who gave this product 5 stars still have a functioning heater. I think a good number of them just never came back to revise their reviews.

I purchased the heater because it received great reviews on [...]and from reviewers on this website ( I ignored the negative ratings because usually I have found the ratings on [...] are reliable. It made the decision easy because they do all the research for you. The consensus of reviews from a variety of websites so it kinda gives the impression that if so many different reviewers gave this heater a good rating, you can't possibly go wrong, but thos reviews are only rating the first few months of use. My review is a review based on a years worth of use. Don't give into the temptation to defer to the deceptivly positive reviews for this product. Please don't buy this heater if you want your heater to last more then a year.

Your probably not gonna listen because i didn't, but hopefully this review will help save one or two of you a few pennies.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2009
The design, portability and heat output of this product is first rate. However, the heating element burned out in both units that I ordered over the past six-months. Never ran the radiator for longer than two-hours at a time and never at a setting higher than medium.
on February 26, 2008
After having owned a couple of the old oil-filled DeLonghi radiators for years, they had performed very well with a great heat output. When they both began to die, I spent a couple of hours of research to find a solid replacement with a good heat output, which led me the DeLonghi HH1500 flat panel mica radiator. When it arrived the heat output was not as good as the oil-filled units I was used to, but was adequate, and the unit took up less space. The unit completely died, apparently not even having any power output, after less than 5 weeks of use. I immediately contacted DeLonghi about the problem. They told me to bring the unit to their nearest service center, which was over two hours away. When I contacted them to ask for another alternative, they gave me thorough instructions about all of the documentation I needed to mail in along with the cut off power cord and a check to cover the shipping charges for the new unit. I was given an order confirmation number for the replacement unit which would be sent to me. Several weeks later the envelope was returned, and I spent close to an hour waiting at the post office to get it sent back to them right away and make sure that it got there. The next week, I received a call saying that replacement units were not available, and that all they could offer me was a refund. Despite speaking with a supervisor, they would not let me wait for a replacement unit to become available or offer me any credit towards a different model of heater. The refund did nothing to cover all of the wasted hours dealing with them, postage charges, or the half a winter I spent without the heater. I am 47 years old, and this is one of the couple of worst experiences I have ever had with a product or Customer Service Department. I would not recommend buying any DeLonghi products.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2006
Having retired a Pelonis Oil filled radiator heater this past spring due to bad switches, we considered a micathermic heater from Soleus. It had mixed reviews. We decided to try this DeLonghi and after this first week we are more than satisfied with it. The heat begins immediately. We keep it on a lower setting (1 '750w'/ 2 or 3 thermostat) and our small living room is more comfortable than we imagined possible. It is very light and rolls easily. The only assembly is one screw in each floor roller mechanism. The only issue was that the first heating created some outgassing from the materials. It has no odor at all now.
on November 9, 2006
The size and style and light weight are all great. But I've found that the heater needs to be very close to the person and directly facing whatever part of you needs warming. I didn't realize it needed to be so specifically directed.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2007
This heater is by far the best "supplemental" room heater we have owned. We've had them all from radiating floor models, an expensive tower fan model and for the past several years an oil-filled radiator which we would have kept had the internal wiring not fried (not a good feeling when your bedroom heater goes up in smoke).

I emphasize "suplemental" as you may be disappointed if you expect to heat a room with this heater alone, but we love it in our bedroom. It's very quiet, generates heat almost instantly and it's stylish. We mounted ours on the wall and it's very unobtrusive, it just doesn't get in the way like so many others tend to do. Highly recommended, and if you shop right you can find it with a 2 year extended warranty for about $10.00.

Oh, and for those even slightly worried about that "impossible to remove label," I had no problems. Here's the trick for removing gummy residue from labels. Spray a little WD-40 on a paper towel and wipe, repeat if needed. Then spray some kitchen cleaner on another paper towel, wipe off the oily residue and you're done!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2007
I have removed two stars from this excellent, five star product for reasons unrelated to its performance. I found the heater did a wonderful job of supplementing my bedroom warmth at night with a reasonable built-in thermostat. The heater is stylish looking and very light for its size so it moves easily (you don't really need the casters). Also, you can mount it to a wall, which I haven't tried yet, but it comes with all of the mounting hardware. I love how quickly this thing starts putting out heat. Overall, this is exactly what I wanted - a five-star solution for a quiet and effective heater for a large bedroom (15'X13')

Unfortunately, there is a huge 8" sticker on the face of the unit that warns that it MUST be removed before using. The reason for the sticker is to let you know that the heater will smell for the first hour or so, which is accurate. However, when I tried to remove the sticker, it would not come off. I had to remove it in multiple pieces and there was still a very stubborn papery residue. I soaked it with a wet soapy washcloth, but the tacky substance is NOT water-soluble. I had succeeded in making a mess and I was very frustrated that the manufacturer was so incompetent as to use such a stubborn sticker on a product where it was necessary to remove. Finally, I resorted to using some Goof-off, which is what I often use to dissolve non water-soluble sticker residue. The paint melted along with the sticker and the nice-looking heater looks like a factory defect! So, I took one star off the review for that waste of 30 minutes and resulting mess.

I called DeLonghi customer service to tell them about my misadventure. At first, they told me that since I had damaged the unit, I had voided the warranty. I kept my cool, which was difficult, and asked what was expected of me to remove a sticker that WILL NOT come off. The idiot response was that I needed to call them before I removed the sticker and not after melting the paint off the unit with sticker-remover. I asked them what they would have instructed me to do if I HAD called them before using sticker remover. After a long pause, the CS rep put me on hold to talk to her supervisor. They then told me they would send me a new unit only after I cut the cord off of mine, paid them $7.50 for postage, and mailed the cord along with a letter to their Ohio headquarters. I took another star off of the final review for this hassle.

UPDATE: DeLonghi's replacement heater shipped with an upgraded plastic sticker that came right off with no problems.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2006
Very light weight and will hang on the wall like a picture frame. Generates plenty of heat. The first few times it did smell funny from factory residue but that seems to have subsided over time.

Frame is platicky and kind of cheap feeling but as long as you don't abuse it, it should hold up.

See 1 answered question