DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo Plus Coffeemaker, Produces Gourmet Coffees, Lattes, Cappuccinos, Iced Drinks and more
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Easily prepares a variety of hot and cold drinks with the single serve system; produces gourmet coffees, lattes, cappuccinos, iced drinks and more
- Produces authentic espresso and the perfect cream with 15 bar pump pressure
- Quickly customize beverage strength and preparation with the custom control lever
- No preheating required with special thermoblock heating system
- Energy-saving automatic stand-by mode after 5-minute of inactivity
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Brewing an 8oz cup of coffee takes only one capsule, and will cost you around 0.50 to 0.60 per cup.
2. Brewing a 7 to 8 oz coffee house drink takes two capsules, so it costs double. This is also true for the hot chocolate and chai tea latte.
3. The espresso from this machine forms a really nice crema and is truly a treat.
4. Although the boxes of capsules tell you how many ounces of each capsule to brew for a perfect cup, this machine requires you to manually estimate the ounces. To get around that issue, you can do a couple of things. The coffee and latte cups that are sold by Nestle and come with some machines are proportioned to help you estimate accurately, with the bottom of the handle indicating one measurement, the top indicating another, etc. Another option is to measure out the cups you have and find out which of your cups are 8oz and where the 4, 5, 6 and 7 ounce points are. Alternatively, you could opt for one of the more expensive dolce gusto machines which have indicators built into them and avoid estimating all together.
5.Read more ›
I have used every pod they offer and made every drink possible, and they are all very good. I like that I can control the coffee to milk ratio, which lets me customize my drinks according to my mood. I use only water from my reverse osmosis system, which enables me to not have to use the descaling solution, and I am sure the coffee tastes better that way. The quality of the coffee and milk in the pods is very good.
One of my favorite drinks is the dark roast espresso. I make a dopio with a single pod, and the crema is wonderful. I can't say it is as good as Starbucks, but I also can't say that many other coffee house coffees are as good as the Dolce Gusto coffee. We have a nice coffee house in town, and they charge $185 for a dopio espresso, and it is not as good as the espresso from my little machine.
This is an espresso machine, not a regular coffee pod machine. I have tried other regular coffee pod machines, and some are good, but I like espresso drinks the best because I think espresso is the best way to do coffee.
The espressos I had when I was in Italy were to die for, and my machine cannot be compared with those; but, I can say with confidence that my machine does espresso better than most that I have had in America, except Starbucks, but they charge $195 for a dopio. The cost to make a dopio in my machine is about 60 cents.
Making all different various of coffee (fx.espresso, latte, cappuccino, and more) has never been this much quick & easy. Dolce gusto also has a lot of different flavors to choose from, even hot chocolates for you and your kids like chococcino & nesquik.
Only issue I have with this machine is that it doesn't automatically control the amount of water in the coffee, so you have to stand there and take a guess and stop the machine, and if you don't stop the machine at right amount, you'll end up drinking watered down coffee. If you don't want all that hassle, I think it's better to get DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio Coffeemaker, since you can set the water level and machine will stop automatically, and there's not much of price differences.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Hilariously, we bought this same machine in France for $34. It is AWESOME and makes espresso of a high quality. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Megan64
Love the Machine. It's a bit noisy but it needs to be so you don't forget to turn it off. They probably have newer ones that turns itself off but I went for the least expensive... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Lawrence Hall
Mine is a manual Piccolo -- I man the lever and control the amount of water. I received it as a gift a year ago Christmas. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
Item arrived in excellent
And my guests enjoyed eating coffee
Despite following all directions this coffee maker is useless if not dangerous. It spurts hot water and coffee and doesn't work at all.Published 11 months ago by bjsw