Stay in touch with home, office, or colleagues in the field, and get help if you need it in all the places where cell phones and one-way satellite messengers can't find a signal.
This one-of-a-kind communication lifeline keeps you always inReach with exclusive two-way text messaging, delivery confirmation, and interactive SOS, plus remote tracking.
Pair the inReach with the Earthmate PN-60w GPS for two-way satellite messaging
Use it by itself or with a DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w GPS
The highly versatile inReach does not require any companion hardware. By itself, it can send pre-loaded text messages and SOS alerts (with delivery confirmation) and enable remote tracking, all via pushbutton. When you add an Earthmate® PN-60w GPS, you enable the inReach's exclusive two-way satellite messaging.
Pair the inReach with a PN-60w and you can send and receive messages up to 160 characters to and from email contacts, cell phones, and emergency dispatchers. You can also post to Facebook and Twitter.
Message Delivery Confirmation
You'll never have to wonder if your message was received. The inReach will confirm delivery of any text or SOS messages. It makes no difference whether the messages were sent by a standalone inReach or an inReach paired with a PN-60w.
PN-60w home screen when paired with inReach
You can designate anyone you choose to follow your travels online. Your latest position and "breadcrumb" trail are displayed, with position updates at user-selected intervals between 10 minutes and four hours.
Remote tracking is overlaid on DeLorme Topo North America maps displayed online.
With inReach, you can do much more than press an SOS alert. Even in standalone mode, you have the ability to let dispatchers know you're conscious and have received their message.
If you've paired your inReach with a PN-60w GPS, you can send descriptive text messages so responders come properly prepared. If your situation changes, you can send updates to the emergency dispatchers.
The Ideal "Off The Grid" Solution
Ninety percent of the Earth's surface has no phone service of any kind, and one-way satellite messengers also have coverage gaps.
These "off the grid," often high-risk environments are exactly the kind of place where you need reliable two-way communication, sharing anything from simple "I'm okay" check-in messages to time-sensitive field reports and emergency SOS messages.
With inReach, you can go with confidence wherever your adventures or professional duties take you-always connected, always inReach.
No Other Device Lets You Do All This
- Connect wirelessly with the DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w
- Send and receive text messages
- Up to 160 characters
- To and from email contacts and cell phones
- With your GPS position embedded in all sent messages
- Message recipients are not restricted to inReach address book contacts
- Post messages to Facebook and Twitter
- Communicate directly with other inReach users to share information and locations
- Stay satellite-connected worldwide
- On land or water
- From the North Pole to Antarctica
- Know when your messages have been received
- Send pre-loaded text messages for anticipated situations
- Enable remote tracking by anyone you choose via detailed DeLorme Topo North America maps displayed online
Emergency Assistance with Interactive SOS
- SOS messages automatically trigger remote tracking
- Text message SOS alerts
- Describe your emergency so rescuers can come properly prepared
- Receive text confirmation from GEOS response center that your message has been received and rescuers have been notified
- Pushbutton SOS alerts
- Message confirmation indicates GEOS dispatcher has received your alert and notified rescuers
- You can send a follow-up pushbutton alert to indicate you're conscious
- Button lock prevents false alarms
- Complies with RTCM SC-128 for SENDS
- Supports one-handed gloved operation
- Intended SOS messages can easily be cancelled if warranted
As a Standalone Device, inReach is a Multi-Purpose GPS Communicator
- No companion PN-60w required
- Pushbutton interface enables
- Sending pre-loaded text messages with delivery confirmation
- Enabling remote tracking
- Triggering SOS alerts
- Even if you plan to use inReach with a PN-60w GPS, it can still keep you connected if your companion device is lost, damaged, or loses battery power
Pair the inReach with a DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w GPS
- Easy wireless connection
- Send and receive messages via internal keyboard and message screen
- Navigate with confidence, with detailed DeLorme Topo North America maps (included at purchase with PN-60w)
- Full U.S. and Canada coverage
- Superior terrain, back road, and U.S. trail detail, plus places of interest
Let Others Track Your Progress Online for Mutual Peace of Mind
- The inReach is equipped with a high-sensitivity GPS chipset, with accuracy to within 5 meters
- Your location displayed on DeLorme Topo North America maps, viewable online
- You choose the tracking intervals - as close together as 10 minutes or far apart as 4 hours
- inReach will report speed, heading, and elevation with each track or message that it transmits
The DeLorme inReach is a ruggedized, waterproof communication lifeline for outdoors enthusiasts, expeditioners, or anyone working in remote locations.
It’s extremely well-suited for military applications and NGOs working in foreign lands, or involved in disaster relief, and it’s also ideal for on- and off-road travel, and small plane and glider aviation.
Even before the inReach was released, it received two prestigious awards at the 2011 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market trade show.
Summer Market is the premier U.S. trade show for products aimed at activities such as hiking, backpacking, camping, mountain biking, climbing, and kayaking. Outside and GearJunkie.com are among the most influential voices in product evaluation for outdoor activities.