Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Style Name: Base Model|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 25, 2016
This is a great comfort to have. It can send text and emails in the middle of no where. It takes a while to type a message on the devise but you can get the app and use your phone. The battery lasts a long time. It is user friendly. Messages are not delivered immediate but pretty quickly transmitted to the other party. Very durable and light weight. We love it.
on July 25, 2016
If you need to have contact in the backcountry and can't afford a Sat Phone this is the next best thing.You can send and receive text messages to cell phones and you can send and receive to email addresses. I bought the cheapest plan at $12.00 a month. I would buy this again in a heartbeat !!!!!!
Great buy!
on July 22, 2016
Everthing fine.
on July 21, 2016
This product is amazing! I bought this because I was preparing to go on a work trip to a very remote island in the Aleutians (Alaska). There is absolutely no cell phone coverage out there, and the only reliable means of communication is via Satellite phone.

One of the most impressive things about this product was the battery life. I set it up to track my position every 10 minutes while I was in transit on a boat. It does require a full sky view, but I placed it in a clear Pelican case and left it on the deck and had no problems at all.

Bluetooth to the hone is pretty strong. I could comfortably be 30 - 50 feet away and my phone never lost its connection.

I sent and received many text messages, with each one including my location, and a link to a map showing exactly where I was. Sometimes there was a slight delay when sending texts, but I assume that was just because the satellite was not directly overhead at the time. The longest delay in sending was about two minutes.

You can even update Facebook and Twitter from this device! You cant actually read your FB or Twitter feeds, but you can update your status and include a lik to a map of your location!

The monthly cost for unlimited texting is pretty reasonable considering its using satellite and not cellular. Being able to communicate from anywhere was a real treat! I also like the service plans DeLorme has available. Being able to do a month to month service as opposed to a yearly contract is a game changer!

This is by far one of the best purchases I have made this year! For any serious outdoor enthusiast, or really anyone that just needs to be able to stay in contact while out in remote wilderness, this is what you have been waiting for!
on July 21, 2016
Short review, no issues, knock on wood. Did the firmware update and have been using this to send messages while fishing over 30 miles from shore. Also bought the RAM mount with the dock which makes setup quick and the built in cradle charger is a great feature.
on July 19, 2016
Perfect for my application of backpacking. I like that the plans allow freedom of changing them throughout the year. I hike tenfold more in the summer months and ramp up my plan. I can send texts and map locations for minimal cost and when I get home my friends/family state they get the map link or text perfectly to show what I am doing. Hoping to never have to use the SOS, but am confident in the product that it will work as advertised.

The phone app and online map sync work seamlessly, and I have been able to develop several routes so far that are spot on for mileage when compared to my Montana 650 GPS.

This product works better than the spot tracker we use for our aircraft (military). wish we could convince the unit to swap over, but they are already money into the spot tracker.
on July 14, 2016
WARNING DECEPTIVE plan descriptions. I signed up for the freedom plan, paid a one month service fee and initiation fee totaling of $66.19 This plan is labeled as a Freedom Plan, the other plans are labeled as Annual Plans. The next month (July 7th, 2016) I was billed for 34.95 plus taxes and fees for another months service...you have to cancel your service to avoid monthly charges...not much freedom there. Additionally, I bought this unit for my boat and for a trip to Big Bend National Park. There is very spotty cellular service in that park. I tested the device several time, first few times it took more than an hour to send the test message. Other messages were sent and the completion times took from minutes to not being completed at all. If you are looking for a reliable safety device, get a satellite phone instead.
on July 8, 2016
I got this to use while hiking in the forest, since I hike alone. I wanted to be able to talk to the outside world in situations that are not dire enough for using a PLB. I tried a satellite phone in the forest, but they just don't work there. Even though this device uses the same satellites as Iridium phones, it only needs to get a short blip of information through. So it does actually work in the dense forest most of the time. I recommend getting a good satellite tracking app (I have GoSatWatch), so you can view where the iridium satellites are (and hide the dead ones). Generally, you'll get a train of satellites flying directly overhead every 2 hours. In the in-between times, it's possible the signal may be blocked by hills or dense forest. At the worst times, the satellites will be near the horizon to the east and west. The "blackout" periods are usually about 40 minutes (every 2 hours) where I go hiking in dense forest, down in canyon areas. If you have a good view of the whole sky, you will almost always have a good signal. Originally I just wanted to be able to send text messages. But the live tracking feature is a big bonus. If I track every hike, and "something bad happens," my friends who are watching will be able to call for help even if I never sent any distress message. But I'm also careful to make sure they know about possible blackout periods so there are no false alarms, and that if I do the SOS it will probably be for a fellow hiker. So overall the device works great for my purposes. I removed the belt clip per the "edge of table" method, and got the GizzMoVest case. Since it transmits high power radio waves, I would not want it clipped to my waist or right up against my body. I keep it in my backpack. I also found it's nice to use the tracking feature while on a road trip. The people at your destination can see exactly where you are and know when you'll be arriving without having to keep calling and asking. Or, it's just fun to have an instant map of where you've been. The only big minus for me is there is no static email address or phone number that you can give out to people so they can reach you. Instead, they have to reply to a message you sent them, or use a link on your map or on Facebook. But in a way that's good, because messages can be expensive if you go over your limit (50 cents each).
on July 6, 2016
Easy to use. Website and utube videos make it easy to learn the many features and applications.