5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected.
Published 7 months ago by lukep

1.0 out of 5 stars Delorme Street Atlas 2014
The Delorme Street atlas is an excellent program. Program wise it is the best on the market. The big problem is they do not update their street maps. I usually purchase a new Street Atlas each year hoping the maps are updated.

Published 6 months ago by Harold E Amos

1.0 out of 5 stars Delorme Street Atlas 2014, December 31, 2013
This review is from: DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014 (CD-ROM)

I use the street atlas while making deliveries and updated streets on the map are essential. The last 4 years I have not seen any improvement in updating the streets in the Atlas. If I had know there were no updates, I would not have made the purchase.

Hal Amos

2.0 out of 5 stars 2014 Delorme Street Atlas Update is far behind google maps, January 13, 2014
This review is from: DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014 (CD-ROM)
Overall, I find Delorme Street Atlas is to be the best map source for calculating road trips. But prior to 2011 through 2013, Street Atlas has provided minimum updates to their maps in each release. I was therefore expecting that the new release of 2014 would include a comprehensive update of all roads and streets in the US. My first exposure to 2014 Street Atlas was on a trip to Las Vegas which I found out quickly that the exit numbers along Hwy 215 were wrong and in some parts completely missing. I-215 is a major highway that loops around Las Vegas. It has been completed since 2006. In addition to missing exit numbers, I also found minimum amount of updates in new developed areas in Las Vegas that are available on Google and Garmin maps. If this Las Vegas example is indicative of the whole update process of Street Atlas 2014, then I suggest using Google or some other mapping application to plan your trip.

3.0 out of 5 stars Contains errors, January 28, 2014
This review is from: DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014 (CD-ROM)
I have used Street Atlas for many years now and have furnished error notices to do with my community and my subdivision to them. They have my street mislabeled and mislocated, as well as several businesses in the area. I have noticed other errors on some locations, as well. If you want accurate maps, Street Atlas is not for you. Use Google instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars OLD DATA BASE, March 11, 2014
This review is from: DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014 (CD-ROM)
I owned a copy of Street Atlas 2004 and really liked the program but decided to get a newer version. I was really disappointed that the mapping data was not even close to being up to date. The street I live on was put in about 10 years ago and I've lived on it for 7+ years. However, that street does not show up on the map.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected., November 26, 2013
This review is from: DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014 (CD-ROM)
It does so much more than I was expecting. I am able to GPS track streets and routes; there was an entire subdivision that was not included on the map. In fact, this subdivision actually isn't included in any of the online services mapping system that I tried except Google's. I tracked it with the GPS then I am able to trace/draw the streets in using the program itself. It was nice that this program has this feature as I am no where near a graphics artist. This program makes the task that I have easier to do. It also has a feature that enables me to upload this data to DeLorme; whether or not they actually update this map remains to be seen but the feature has saved me much time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money on this!, June 10, 2014
This review is from: DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014 (CD-ROM)
We have used several earlier versions of StreetAtlas over the years and have been using 2010 version since it came out.
We really like using it to plan trips (GPSs are lousie for that) but we navigate by Garmin GPS.

We just wanted the latest maps after 4 years of the 2010 maps.
I am not convinced we got anything newer.
Map errors I reported 3-4 years ago in our neighborhood are ALL still there.
The user interface appears to be the same as the 2010 version.
I suspect they are just releasing mostly the same old thing with a new name every year.
When I asked a customer care person about that he would neither confirm no deny it.
I imagine there is little incentive to fix, improve or update this with GPSs eating their lunch.

But the crowning failure is that the FIND function no longer works reliably.
It cannot find the street I live on (let alone my specific address) nor an adjacent street that intersects it.
Both are on the map when you view it AND version 2010 finds them just fine.
So, it's mostly useless as far as I am concerned.
You really need a FIND function that works reliably.
I am not saying it doesn't work at all but it doesn't mean what you are looking for doesn't exist when it doesn't find it or even anything similar to it.

Our house has been here 17 years.

Especially do not buy this as an upgrade from anything 2010 or later.

The good news is they immediately offered to refund the purchase price even though I bought it here on Amazon.
But, you have to send them any disks you received (at your own expense) and sign a letter of destruction.

Update:
I had some exchanges with customer support and got the following.
"We are facing a bug with our searching tool, not the data itself. If you do a search for your same street, and use your ZIP CODE instead of the CITY & STATE, you will get your result. Apparently there is another similar issue that likely doesn't apply to this situation where if a particular road starts off in one town, but goes through others and keeps its same name through other towns it can only be found when searching by the town of it's origin despite it actually existing/passing through others."

I asked if they were going to fix the problems soon and release an update and was told
"We are aware of the issue and intend to fix it in the future, but I cannot confirm it will be done so at a speed that most would consider to be quickly. I would not be able to provide any kind of estimated date or time for the fix."

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST OF THE BEST, May 16, 2014
Joe Mercer (McDonald, TN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014 (CD-ROM)
I've been using GPS programs for many years. I have used both on dash and laptop computer programs. The DeLorme Street Atlas program is the best GPS mapping program period. Nothing is better. And, it is very inexpensive. If you have a laptop computer you can have the best Travel Atlas program in existence for about $50.00. It comes with a GPS antennae which lays on your dash and hooks up to the usb port in your computer. It only works on Windows but if you have a Mac you can use VMware Fusion and run it your Mac. I also have a Garmin 2557 which is very good. But planning a trip on the DeLorme is much faster and you can see so much more detail. Click on your start location on the map or just type it in, then click on your destination or just type it in (on your full size keyboard-not hunt and peck on a tiny screen) and then Pick up one or more "VIAs" from the tool bar and place those anyplace you want in order to make the trip go exactly where you want to go. That's it! As you travel you have a full color moving map display the size of your laptop screen and it shows how many miles to your next waypoint, time to waypoint, time and miles to destination and much, much more. For flexibility, ease of planning and situational awareness you just can't beat it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a solid product after all these years, May 11, 2014
This review is from: DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014 (CD-ROM)
I've used the Street Atlas products for 15+ years and they continue to be the excellent resource I depend upon them to be. I recently purchased the 2014 version to replace the 2009 addition and like it just the same. I still haven't had a chance to fully learn all the in's and out's of the new version, but did notice that the distance tool is now tied to the draw function. I would have preferred it if they would have left it as a separate option on the tool bar as they did with the previous versions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Street Atlas Plus 2014, May 1, 2014
This review is from: DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014 (CD-ROM)
Every two to three years I up-date my Delorme mapping program just to be on the safe side.
As long as I know where I want to go, It will get me there.
If I want to change the Route it is a simple enough matter, as long as I pay attention to what I an doing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Program, April 25, 2014
TJ Coelho (McArthur, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014 (CD-ROM)
I have used Microsoft Streets and Trips and decided to try DeLorme Street Atlas USA. I do not regret the switch and will continue to use it.

DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014
DeLorme Street Atlas USA Plus 2014 by DeLorme (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
$39.95 $36.33