5.0 out of 5 stars DeSantis Intruder IWB holster
Published on June 26, 2011 by Rhino

3.0 out of 5 stars to small
had to bend bend it to get pistol to fit because of the laser grips on my master carry ultra by kimber
Published 13 months ago by Terry H. Mccullough

4.0 out of 5 stars Meets or exceeds expectation. But..., June 25, 2012
Carlton Pringle (Jacksonville, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeSantis Intruder 1911 3.5" Right Hand Black (Sports)
I received my Desantis IWB Tuckable Holster for the 3" Para Ordnance Warthog. I replaced a Desantis SOF-TUCK #106 which was okay at first but lost its retention after a few months. First you should know that I am a hefty guy with a little more waist that I had when I was younger. However, the Intruder is very comfortable at 4 O'Clock for me.

I read that the retention of the Intruder was a problem so it was the first thing I checked on unpacking the holster. I made the gun safe - Condition 4 (Empty chamber;hammer down;no magazine). I then placed a full mag (10 rnds) in the gun and holstered the gun in Condition 3 (Empty chamber; hammer down; charged magazine in gun). I then flipped the holstered gun upside down (over a soft bed) and shook the gun out of the holster a couple of times. It took 2-3 fairly vigorous shakes to dislodge the gun. The Kydex on my holster holds the gun pretty firmly. However, I had no problem drawing the gun from the holster.

The combat cut is a plus and the gun/holster is comfortable when I am seated and does not press uncomfortably into my side and hip. The holster I received only has two adjustment positions on the clips but the bottom position works well for me.

My major complaint (which cost the holster a star) is the belt clips. If I want to "tuck", the large belt clips with the Desantis Logo and the "holster.com" stamped into the clip is a huge "tell". I am ordering the DeSantis "J-Hook Holster Clip conversion kit" to replace them. They should come as part of the package in my opinion. They would only add about $5-6 dollars to the price.

Other than that, I am very happy with this holster as an alternative to a comparable Crossbreed.

5.0 out of 5 stars DeSantis Intruder IWB holster, June 26, 2011
This review is from: DeSantis Intruder 1911 3.5" Right Hand Black (Sports)
This is a very comfortable inside the waistband (IWB)holster, especially when the leather conforms and molds to ones body. The leather is pretty stiff when it comes out of the package. It will take a couple of weeks of wearing the holster to really feel the difference. The plastic belt clips gives the wearer three height positions to choose from. The clips are held in place by a hex screw. A person can wear the holster without a belt as long as the clips have something to grab onto. But, a belt is highly recommended to ensure the holster stays in place and keeps from rising. As far as weapon retension goes, the gun simply slides in and out of the holster. There really is no locking mechanism and no tension screws. But, the holster is kept snug to the body when worn properly with a belt and this keeps the weapon from moving (even while running) and concealed. The only down side of this holster I can come up with is that mine occasionally leaves small black marks on my stainless steel finish. This is from the kydex holster and the marks easily wipe off with a cloth and some cleaning solvent. I normally do not like to wear IWB holsters because they usually rest on my hip bone and makes it very uncomfortable. This holster eliminates the pressure on my hip bone and I can wear it all day without any problems. This is a great IWB holster for the money which is why I have another one for a different weapon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice holster and priced right, October 16, 2011
Ken (Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeSantis Intruder 1911 3.5" Right Hand Black (Sports)
I purchased this holster after being shown one similar from a different manufacture by a co-worker. His version cost over $100 however for half the price I am very happy with the Desantis for my Colt. I have the 3" Series 90 New Agent and it fits perfectly. After wearing this part time, mostly weekends, it conforms fairly quickly to where you will hardly notice it during carry. I would recommend this product as I will be purchasing more for some of my other pistols.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comforatable, February 22, 2014
This review is from: DeSantis Intruder 1911 3.5" Right Hand Black (Sports)
After using a number of other holsters I finally found one that I really like. Very comfortable. Not bulky and conceals well. Constructed very well and not heavy. C-clips insure it stays attached to the belt and the spread distributes the weight making it seem much lighter even with the weapon in place. The cant adjustments make it easy to adjust to your preference for height and angle of draw. Although the manufacturer says it's not designed for SOB I find it much more comfortable and concealable than others that are.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for sig 229 owners that wants to carry, February 11, 2014
This review is from: DeSantis Intruder 1911 3.5" Right Hand Black (Sports)
this holster is perfect for my sig 229 it keeps this gun that is a little big heavy real close to the body and like another review I read its like after a short amount of time you really forget the firearms is there I would highly recommend this holster I love it now I can finally carry my sig 229 with confidence

3.0 out of 5 stars to small, October 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars DeSantis intruder, the best!!!, May 9, 2013
This review is from: DeSantis Intruder 1911 3.5" Right Hand Black (Sports)
Best IWB holster I have ever used. I can carry my 32+ ounce 1911 all day and not even realize it's there. Nice price, nice quality, nice service.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is it !, May 1, 2013
Tom O (Orlando, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeSantis Intruder 1911 3.5" Right Hand Black (Sports)
Finally, a comfortable holster that securely holds my 3-inch Kimber and is effective in concealing it. The holster is wide and distributes the weight over a larger area, minimizing belt drag. The holster can also be adjusted for a 3 to 5- oclock position, or any other desired point. I have also tried my 4-inch Dan Wesson CCO and the holster is just fine with it,too. There is no gun rattle as has been described for other manufacturers holsters designed to accomodate guns with rails.

The only negative, as has been described in an earlier review, are the large plastic clips with "Holster.com". Not exactly subtle. I might look to replace those.

As most of us do, I have a drawer full of holsters that were tried and failed for one reason or another. This one meets all my needs. I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 28, 2013
This review is from: DeSantis Intruder 1911 3.5" Right Hand Black (Sports)
This is by far the best IWB Holster I have ever worn. I have crohn's disease and wearing IWB holsters have always bothered me...

This holster is extremely comfortable. I highly recommend this product to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars This holster is great. I use it for my every day carry, September 14, 2014
This review is from: DeSantis Intruder 1911 3.5" Right Hand Black (Sports)
This holster is great. I use it for my every day carry. Fits my 3.5 inch barrel 1911 perfect. Takes a while to form to your body but after that it fits very well and comfortable. Very concerned. Only part I do not like is that its hard to holster you weapon after you have drawn it but thats like every other inside the pant holster. 5 out of 5

DeSantis Intruder 1911 3.5" Right Hand Black