4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly spicy!, April 5, 2012
Steven A. Peterson (Hershey, PA (Born in Kewanee, IL)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Dea Harissa Hot Sauce in tube (Misc.)
I had earlier enjoyed Harissa Olive flavored oil. It added a nice, albeit rather gentle, heat when I used it with cheese for a delightful little snack. Heartened by that experiwence, when I saw this tube of Harissa hot sauce in a tube, I ordered the product.

It adds a nice edge to food onto which I squeeze some of the sauce. I normally prefer more heat than this, but the end result is pleasant enough.

So, I report that my investment in this product has paid off. A little milder heat than I prefer, but still a tasty add on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harrissa Hot Sauce, June 26, 2011
This review is from: Dea Harissa Hot Sauce in tube (Misc.)
Love this hot sauce, it is in paste form, great to add to recipes, wonderful flavor and can make it as hot as you like. Wonderful addition to your culinary cupboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to many soups and potato dishes, November 7, 2011
This review is from: Dea Harissa Hot Sauce in tube (Misc.)
I just tried this with a batch of my chicken noodle soup I make from scratch, gave it some extra body and from such a small amount. Just add a heaping tsp or two, adds some smokey spice and umami as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot,Hot,Hot, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Dea Harissa Hot Sauce in tube (Misc.)
This stuff is hot! Used in very small quantities it is flavorful and adds a nice chili warmth to whatever you choose to use it for. Its very easy to over apply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Sauce good with Hot Wings, June 2, 2013
This review is from: Dea Harissa Hot Sauce in tube (Misc.)
We added the hot sauce to ranch dressing and dipped our hot wings into the mixture. It had a great flavor and we could adjust the heat by adding more sauce until it reached the temperature we liked.

5.0 out of 5 stars A warm glow with a lot of flavor, May 13, 2013
This review is from: Dea Harissa Hot Sauce in tube (Misc.)
This is not for folks who like a touch of Tabasco or jalapenos. This paste is up there with habeneros for heat, but imparts wonderful flavors that you would never obtain from anything made with that pepper. Even if you love your food super spicy a little of this goes a long way. It overpowered the first omelet until I figured out how much was enough (about an eighth of a teaspoon works well).

It's the flavors that make this such a delightful paste. The label claims that in addition to peppers it contains carrots, turnips, tomatoes, coriander and caraway seeds. While I do not doubt that, the flavors become almost ineffable when blended with the dish in which it's used, and as spicy as it is, that aspect does not overpower the flavor. If anything it enhances it.

Aside from this being a wonderful way to spice up just about any kind of meal, this is essential for North African cuisine. I especially love adding this to za'atar on flat bread.

I've used it in everything from lentils to omelets, and have been delighted with it. Plus, this is spicy enough to satiate my palate that is hooked on super spicy food. You can always tame it down by mixing a dab with some olive oil and diluting it into your meal. If you love heat, a bite and wonderful flavor give this a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot sauce, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Dea Harissa Hot Sauce in tube (Misc.)
I have just returned from a vacation in Morocco and fell in love with this type of seasoning. It gives everything a rich roasted flavor.

4.0 out of 5 stars it was really good., November 25, 2012
This review is from: Dea Harissa Hot Sauce in tube (Misc.)
I have been trying to find the same taste since my childhood, this was very close. I really like it.

Dea Harissa Hot Sauce in tube