Posted on Oct 10, 2012 3:48:15 AM PDT
M. L. says:
I think Bill is definitely out.

(1) Sookie is not in love him.

"... but I'm not in love with Bill. Not anymore."
-DL

(2) All she can do is be his friend.

"He loves you," Dermot said...
"Yeah, I know." ... "There's nothing I can do about it but be his friend, though."
-DL

(3) His love won't cure her.

"I love you," Bill said helplessly, as if he wished those magic words would heal me. But he knew they wouldn't.
-DR

(4) She thinks she should have cut and run at the beginning of their relationship.

When I'd discovered Bill had killed my grandmother's brother, who'd molested me-that's when I should have cut and run. Wouldn't my life have been different? But it was too late now.
-DITF

(5) She's been "so over him" for a long time.

I couldn't even think of a reason to mention Bill. I was so over him.
-DAG

(6) The ultimate HEA guy is the main romantic partner for Sookie. And it isn't Bill.

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 8:06:29 AM PDT
saucy78 says:
true that M.L

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 10:51:09 AM PDT
Beach Reader says:
Nicely done, ML!

I will chime in with OY (yes, and even Willa :) -- CH's "probably in the 2nd book" is ambiguous. Again we see her cleaver wording since we can interpret this to mean "someone besides Bill is the MAIN romantic lead = Bill is not the HEA" OR "there will be more than one romantic lead = Bill, Eric, or Sam is the HEA" OR "the next romance will be the main one = Eric is the HEA since their romantic interest in each other began in #2 LDID".

And IMO Quinn is the rebound, but I think she rebounded from Eric, not Bill. Sookie got involved with Quinn more as a defense/distraction against her feelings for Eric from DTTW. While she was wounded by Bill, I did not see her harbor any feelings for him while she had her fling with AE. Yet during her time with Quinn, she was contantly aware of Eric and her feelings for their time together.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 6:10:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2012 6:58:19 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 8:11:56 AM PDT
YogiD says:
This quote was over three years ago...she was writing DITF at the time or had just finished it. In 2012 CH wrote book 13 (DEA), in 2011 CH wrote book 12 (DL), in 2010 CH wrote book 11 (DR), and in 2009 CH wrote book 9 (DITF). This quote is in July which is the month she is closing up the current book she is writing which was DITF.

Also, what was the question? I doubt CH just came out on a board and posted that ONE sentence because she's a writer (duh). If it's just a question from a poster then it's just a question and not a conspiracy to give us messages from the great beyond.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 9:58:53 AM PDT
krtmd says:
But we know why Pam and Eric were fighting in DR - Pam wanted Eric to tell Sookie about Freyda and the contract, and Eric didn't want Sookie to know and forbade Pam from discussing it. No great mystery there Willa.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 10:23:41 AM PDT
GatorGirl says:
Willa is just trying to make it look like Pam has her own ambitions because "Eric is evil"....he's a horrible Maker, yada, yada, yada.....

Pam has her own ambitions because Eric is actually a good Maker and allows Pam to be her own vamp. If he needs her he asks her to come...and she does. But she is allowed to go when she wants. Even Bill points out in DUD or LDID that Eric is a good boss/sheriff. And the quote from CH/2009 doesn't have anything to do with DR. Was Eric wrong to withhold the info from Sookie and to make Pam "NOT" tell Sookie? yes, yes and yes again. (Did he not learn anything from Bill's mistake? And I know he was trying to get out of it first...but still wrong)

I'm afraid Willa forces a lot of connections that just aren't there....what was the latest one? the world "wonderful" being said by Bill in one book and Sookie in another? Every post is to make Bill the HEA and Eric the devil....

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 11:20:14 AM PDT
Beach Reader says:
Remember in DL when Sookie is baffled by the convoluted and manipulative thinking by Bill? I tend to have that same reaction to Willa's posts.....!

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 12:51:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2012 1:40:23 PM PDT
krtmd says:
3311 Maker 2012-10-19 14:20
Sookie's dress for Jason's wedding is yellow.

Charlaine Harris

eta. I was more excited for the confirmation that we will get to see Jason get married.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 2:27:19 PM PDT
Oh Yes says:
Yay, thanks krtmd!

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 9:26:49 PM PDT
Beach Reader says:
Maybe Jason's bride's bouquet will be roses ... hence the rose on the cover?

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 6:58:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2012 8:07:31 AM PDT
Karen says:
CH just posted on the cover discussion
"Of course, once you read the book you'll understand her outfit perfectly."

Charlaine Harris

Another tidbit, really not spoiling anything! I wonder where Sookie's going dressed like that? We know she's wearing a yellow dress to Jason's wedding, so to what event is she dressed for? I'm really looking forward to this book. I'm also very, very disappointed we aren't getting a chapter at Christmas.
Jim Butcher is starting to post chapters of 'Cold Days' at Halloween. I just wish we had more meat in our 'tidbits' from CH.

ETA: punctuation

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 7:05:28 AM PDT
KCScout says:
She really doesn't like to spoil. I think she was supremely ticked off when we got the extra pages in the back of paperback DAG. She's a tease...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 7:06:22 AM PDT
KCScout says:
Maybe Sookie will catch the bouquet of pink roses - I'll bet she does, lol.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 7:53:11 AM PDT
Maybe Sookie's going to a Hoe Down! Watch out Freyda!

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:10:02 AM PDT
Oh Yes says:
My guess is she is going to the planned OK/Freyda & Eric wedding and is going to stake herself a queen. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:20:12 AM PDT
Karen says:
@Oh Yes - I can see Sookie staking Freyda, but only if she is a threat to a life Sookie cares about, or of course, her own life. If it is just over Eric, Sookie won't do it unless his life is on the line. As much as Sookie loves Eric, in her mind, IMO, she wouldn't kill over jealousy. As it should be. ;)
I enjoy reading about Sookie, I love her jealousy, even over old loves, and appreciate that she knows when she's being petty. We all, or at least I'm guilty of this, have these thoughts.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:28:07 AM PDT
KCScout says:
That would be funny but I'm sick and tired of all the female characters out to get Sookie (and her men), and Sookie & Co. killing them off. Enough already. We need some more female characters like Pam thankyouverymuch.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:49:32 AM PDT
YogiD says:
Maybe Sookie's going to a Hoe Down! Watch out Freyda!
Thank you for this!! I'm having an ubber S-tty day. I heart this

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:51:47 AM PDT
YogiD says:
That's a great find K! Although I still hate her outfit. Sigh....

KCS - I'm with you and sick of all the females out to get Sookie and her men. It's been a common theme throughout these books, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 10:02:25 AM PDT
Yogi your welcome! Hope your day gets better.

I also would love more strong female characters. I can't see Sookie staking Freyda at her own wedding in front of other vamps w/o some form of retaliation. A queen being staked by a human just wouldn't be tolerated IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 2:03:51 PM PDT
Oh Yes says:
I agree Karen, but she might kill her if she is coming after her - as in a preemptive strike like Victor. But I certainly agree that she wouldn't just kill her for the sake of preventing Eric to marry her. It would either be self-defense of preemptive IMO.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 2:05:50 PM PDT
Oh Yes says:
At least we have Pam, but yeah the Lorena, Arlene, Sarah Newlin, DP, SP, JL....road has been a bit predictable so I would love it if OK and Eric worked together to take out Felipe - in fact, I would rather that happen and I think it is a good possibility.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 2:11:18 PM PDT
GatorGirl says:
I agree that I don't think that Sookie would go all "Buffy the Vamp Slayer" after Freyda.....unless she was attacked in some way.

....wonder what Sookie and Eric would have to do to break their marriage (IF that is necessary)? It was said that she would have to be put aside. That would create an interesting "conflict" / situation.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 5:24:26 PM PDT
Missa Lou says:
I was thinking at work today. What if Eric decides to strike a deal with Freyda. He will come to her and stand by her, help her go against Felipe and take LA, etc. His stipulations being he gets to stay married to Sookie and no intimate relationship with Freyda. THAT would bea win-win situation for everyone :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  45
Total posts:  1448
Initial post:  May 12, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 12)
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 12) by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - May 1, 2012)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (1,709)