Most helpful critical review
22 of 29 people found the following review helpful
A fun game, especially co-op
on November 21, 2012
Dead Island is a good game, with an actual storyline. While there are inevitable comparisons to other cooperative survival horror games such as Left 4 Dead, Dead Island rises above the similarities to deliver a solid and unique gaming experience.
- Good graphics.
- Responsive controls.
- Entertaining voice acting.
- Visceral combat. The hard hits look and feel like hard hits, in other words.
- Cooperative, and a lot more fun with a friend.
- Combat can get stale, coupled with the following...
- Weapons degrade and break at a very fast pace. While this seems to be a way to make people switch things up and keep the combat fresh, it gets frustrating having to look everywhere and at everything as a potential weapon.
- Some of the missions get repetitive. This is largely solved when you play cooperatively though, as other players add a new dynamic to the experience.