4.0 out of 5 stars Good Co-Op Game
I'm playing this game with a friend and we're enjoying it.
If you already played borderlands you'll enjoy this game, but don't play it alone or it can bore you very fast (the game is a bit repetitive and with a friend you can bypass this).
Published 20 months ago by Giorgio

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun game, especially co-op
Dead Island is a good game, with an actual storyline. While there are inevitable comparisons to other cooperative survival horror games such as Left 4 Dead, Dead Island rises above the similarities to deliver a solid and unique gaming experience.

Pros:

- Good graphics.
- Responsive controls.
- Entertaining voice acting.
- Visceral...
Published 22 months ago by Psy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Co-Op Game, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Dead Island Game of the Year Edition [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
I'm playing this game with a friend and we're enjoying it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun game, especially co-op, November 21, 2012

Pros:

- Good graphics.
- Responsive controls.
- Entertaining voice acting.
- Visceral combat. The hard hits look and feel like hard hits, in other words.
- Cooperative, and a lot more fun with a friend.

Cons:

- Combat can get stale, coupled with the following...
- Weapons degrade and break at a very fast pace. While this seems to be a way to make people switch things up and keep the combat fresh, it gets frustrating having to look everywhere and at everything as a potential weapon.
- Some of the missions get repetitive. This is largely solved when you play cooperatively though, as other players add a new dynamic to the experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars -How to unlock this game on Steam from outside US-, April 4, 2013
So this game is region locked to only those in the US. I bought it anyway with an address that I made through 'Borderlinx' I tried activating the game from Europe (Where I live) on Steam. They told me it was not available for purchase in my country. Which I kind of suspected would happen.

So I googled "US VPN Steam" got one working in about 5 minutes. (FlyVPN with the trial account on their page)
Then I logged in, swapped my location to the US through the VPN and activated this game.

I spit in the face of companies and organisations who region lock and DRM games. I paid the money for this, fair and square I own it and I don't care where I live. I should have the right to play it.

The game unlocked as 'Dead Island Goty NA'
I logged out. Exited Steam. Turned off the VPN.
Logged back into Steam and downloaded the game.

Hopefully they won't ban me.. ( I DID pay for the game.. ) would they rather me pirate it?
This is the only game I have bought from Steam. I also have Metro 2033 which was a free giveaway through Facebook. Plus a mate Gifted me Torchlight 2 which I haven't touched.

Regardless I don't wish to be banned but I will take the chance.

Good luck and please reply if it worked for you.

P.S. Buying this grants you a 5 discount towards Dead Island 'Riptide' from Amazon which isn't out yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a zombie-survival game experience., February 21, 2013
Super story, lovely graphics, choice of caracters, personalisation through your experience point own development.
So many quests, side quests, items weapons, weapons mod to customize them and making zombie kills awesome!
Probably one of the best game ever since, and the coop mod is absolutely magnificent.
Well a must have and a GOTY DL at $6 (02.21.13). WHAT A DEAL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Zombie game, January 30, 2013
Dead Island is great game to play. I enjoying killing zombie and run them over with a vehicle. This game will last me until Dead Island Riptide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, well worth the money, February 21, 2013
This is one of my favorite first-person shooters and I highly recommend it. It is incredibly immersive with every bit of visual detail you would want and more! You can explore at will or go on many adventures. I have not had any bugs or issues (Windows 8), like I have with other games I've recently downloaded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!, February 5, 2013
I purchased this for a very reasonable price on sale. Had a great time playing this with some friends.
Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Game- Worth the money, January 26, 2013
This is a great game with lots of action. If you like zombie games this one is very good. There are tons of quests to do and a lot of zombies to kill. Great game overall

5.0 out of 5 stars Butt-kicking zombie action, January 30, 2013
Great open world with beautiful graphic and a nice story. I liked the co-op multiplayer very much. Sometimes a bit buggy but never so bad that I regretted buying. If you liked paying Borderlands and watch The Walking Dead this might be treat for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on windows 8, January 13, 2014
It doesn't work on windows eight what else do i say about this crap storm of a title, goddang it