4.0 out of 5 stars Great Co-op Game
I got this game as a sugestion from my son. He lives in San Antonio and I live near Ft. Worth, so we look for good co-op games. This way we can kind of hang out with each other. Now, he is way better then I am at this game but it dosn't detract from the fun. One good thing about this game is we don't have to been in the same location all the time, so one of us each of...
Published on September 5, 2012 by xwarrior39

2.0 out of 5 stars dissappointing
bought this game blindly. wanted to see what the hype was all about.
if your looking for a fast pace action game, this is not for you, try out left for dead
but if your looking for a time consuming and adventurous solve puzzle type. then this is for you
Published 23 months ago by rreyessd

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars dissappointing, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition -Xbox 360 (Video Game)
bought this game blindly. wanted to see what the hype was all about.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, March 1, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game was very fun smashing some zombies heads in and the story was really good if you like zombies you will like this game just make sure you get the game of the year edition cuz you get all the downloaded content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, January 19, 2014
Into Zombie games? This is definitely a game for you. I play this with my surround sound headset so I am in the game. Scares the crap outta me sometimes. But Definitely not for children.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome game you ether love it or hate it. I LOVE IT TO DEATH. no pun intended., July 3, 2014
just ordered this game today. played it before on my nephews 360 about a year ago and loved the hell out of it. I also have dead island rip tide and loved the hell out of it too. i beet rip tide four times with four different character. games have there flaws but put your self In that situation your going pick up what ever you can find to defend yourself from something that is going to eat you alive whether its a stick, rock even though that's not in the game, or crowbar. etc. weapons brake and degrade over time although a crowbar will last a lifetime in the real world. but beating a skull that takes 2000+ lbs. to crush shits going to ware down over time.
all in all in my opinion this game is better then left for dead even though left for dead is a great game. I like games to last.
bring on the zombie apocalypse. this world need it and if we didn't have training simulators like dead island or call of duty how the heck are we suppose know what to do in a situations like those. having an idea on what to do is better then being throne into the mix with a thumb in you mouth and a blankie in your arm saying goo goo gaga. love this game!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not amazing..not bad.. just ok, September 4, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
First off.. This game has many technical flaws. A pinch of my quests were bugged,causing me to start over checkpoint to continue -______-.. and the graphics are very mediocre. The game has difficulty loading explosions and several enemies running everywhere, flames, water textures.. And throughout it gets very very annoying and ruins the experience. The story is pretty below average, and the characters arent likeable whatsoever(Fortunately some questions about the story are answered in the Ryder white DLC and it brings things together better than it did game alone). The skill trees fall flat in my opinion.. Singleplayer makes you feel uncomfortable considering how hard enemies are when you start off..This game was meant for Co-oP. I think they could have done so much more with the intro and how the apocolypse was introduced. And the side quests feel completely pointless considering everyones gonna die anyway. like wtf.. No choice making, you dont feel like you made an impact in the story what-soever, and half the quests you do dont build up to anything. Once you pick up guns, thats all you wanna use considering hordes get more difficult. The good sides of this game are that the island is beautiful, the gameplay can get really intense at some times,the sounds of the undead are really well done, and creating custom melee weapons is pretty sick, driving is arcade like-fluid and fun. I give this game a 7.5-8/10. Because it is playable, but the technical glitches are annoying, and the story and characters are boring.. and if youre not playing co-op.. gets tough. This game deserves atleast a rent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, January 27, 2014
Fun to play. Weapons break very easy. When you play with others it becomes easier. I liked left for dead better

5.0 out of 5 stars good, January 20, 2014
i bought this for someone as a gift and the person really love it. I will be buying more from here

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for kids ! So is this review !, December 23, 2013
Where to start... Well, I'm in my 30's. I love FPS's, Open world RPG's and Horror games. This game is all three, 3 hours into it and I'm already addicted. I figured I'll start off with the first one then get Dead Island Riptide after I'm done with this one. Also, I tried to play it online last night and succeeded ! Lots of people still play 1 & 2. A very smooth experience. I'm having Borderlands flashbacks all over again.

Gameplay & Presentation:

- Nicely done zombie apocalyptic open world, wonder or follow the main quest. Lots of rewarding side quests as well that usually give you XP, Money, Weapon blue prints and New weapons.

- The zombies are gruesomely detailed. Slice and dice, beat and bruise zombie scum. Even watch them still try to swing at ya without a head or missing arm.

- Hit detection is dead on. Aim for the throat and a head might pop off in slow-mo or just throw your knife into their body and retrieve it after you kick them down on the ground then stab them again.

- Plenty of zombie types that are well done and look ugly as hell. Beware of the infected swarms. Not all are slow !

- Use vehicles, fast travel and an easy to use and understand map.

- Nicely done skill tree and abilities. * (reminds me of Borderlands 1 & 2)

- Upgrade weapons at work benches throughout the vast open world loaded with loot and zombies to kill.

- Zombies level up with you ( Just like Skyrim ) so you'll always get a challenge.

- Menus are clean ( probably better than The witcher 2 ) and get the job done.

- ETC ETC ETC. I could go on but why ? If you never got the opportunity to try this one. Buy it !

Sound:

- Zombie screams, yells and bone chilling roars all sound great. Nothing like hearing some freakish sound then you go to check your back and as you turn around a zombie jumps in your face. Fend them off with a mini " button" game when they grab you.

-Thuds, punches, stabs, clings etc etc... everything sounds good. I recommend going into the options and raising up the sound all the way.

-The music adds to the suspense. Well done.

Tip: Drop kick the zombies that are walking around in shallow pools and listen to the funny sound LOL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary & Fun, February 14, 2013
Littles (United States) - See all my reviews
Great RPG and the open world is great. If you love zombie games this is for you. Supplies are easy to find

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST ZOMBIE GAME EVER, February 12, 2013
Alexis (California) - See all my reviews
Was searching for a great zombie game to play since I grew tired of Left 4 Dead.. Overall:
4/5 = Graphics
3/5 = Multiplayer (others lag out during loading areas)
4/5 = Alot missions to complete
2/5 = Story Line Plot
5/5 = Great packaging and came on time!

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›