Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Dead Island - PC
|Price:||$21.22 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$28.77 (58%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- first-person melee combat
- 4-player coop
- Weapon customization
- Set on an open world tropical island
- RPG elements for character development
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- In keeping with an atmosphere of desperation and survival by any means, Dead Island focuses on serious, first-person action gameplay with a close-quarter, immersive melee focus.
- Dead Island's seamless 4 player co-op multiplayer seeks to provide the most immersive multiplayer experience to date. Players can drop in and out of each other's games at any time with no loss of progress as well as the ability to continue on alone or with others.
- With thousands of weapons in-game to collect, from simple wooden bats to fire-axes to heavy rifles, Dead Island is a collector's dream. This in combination with Dead Island's weapon customization system will enable the player to craft the ultimate weapon to ensure their survival.
- The ability to enhance and develop your character using RPG-like elements including an XP/leveling system and un-lockable skill trees put the power in your hands to create and play a unique protagonist.
- Dead Island's damage system gives an unprecedented visual detail of the effects of each attack on enemies pushing the boundaries of visualized gore.
- With an open-world setting, Banoi is filled to the brim with things to do and objectives to tackle, allowing a fresh way to advance both the characters and story at the same time and providing for endless replay value.
Platform: PC | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
1. GAMEPLAY: The gameplay is horribly uninspired. You choose one of four characters (blade-centric, throwing-centric, melee-centric and gun-centric), and then proceed to kill zombies and complete missions for experience to level up. Each time you level up, you get a skill point to spend in the character's "unique" skill trees. Each character has 3 trees: Fury, which is basically the character's special move and spending points in this tree helps go towards enhancing the effects of Fury; Combat, which is the character's effectiveness with his or her specific background description (IE, Xian, the blade-character, has combat skills which revolve around landing more Critical Hits with knives and machetes, whereas Logan, the throwing-character, has combat skills which revolve around increasing damage with thrown weapons); and Survival, which is just a random assortment of skills, mostly shared between characters, that allow you to do things like pick locked chests or repair weapons for less money. I would like to point out that the only real "Skill" you have in the game is the Fury move that you can unlock with 1 point; all other so-called "Skills" are basically modifiers to how much damage the character does or how much money he/she has to spend.
Besides this, there are no real RPG-elements to the game. Zombies scale with your level the entire way through, as do weapons, and you'll gain health as you level up. Other than that, there are no attributes you have to manage, or even get to look at for that matter.Read more ›
I will be playing again, started a new charachter last night - the weapons girl. This time I plan to check evey nook and cranny on the island. I will also be shooting, not throwing my weapons!
Worth getting when it's $30 in my opinion.
You'll get that occasional "OH CRAP!, I didn't even know that zombie was there" moments, it gets you all pumped up but yet also makes you cautious of your surroundings in the game. It captures your attention, and keeps you interested through the whole thing. You must help people out by doing missions, gather health drinks and foods after an attack to keep you alive, you must find ways to manage and equip weapons, as well as upgrading your character to become stronger and more resistant... Yet you are limited, but you must do anything and everything in your power to bring down them zombies....It is just an all out fun fest. The game is pretty lengthy, so you will be getting your money's worth on this one, not only that...you can join up with friends, as well as join up with people that are nearby in the game levels.
I was able to get this for $39.99 on Amazon's Digital Download, and that alone just makes it a steal....You just can't go wrong by purchasing Dead Island, it is worth every penny...Trust me
This game runs like a dream on a mid-range system, i5 750 + GTX 460 and it runs 60fps MAXED out @ 1920x1200, almost never hiccups (except in areas with thick particle steam). And not only does it run well, it looks nice too. It's a little like Just Cause 2 in terms of "bloominess," but it's fitting and overall the game looks beautiful.
Lots of weapons, the character classes add replay value. Combat is smooth & the way you move feels real. Lots of quests, side-quests, large freeroam world.. what more should I say?
Overall, this game is one of the most solid zombie titles I've seen, I'd be inclined to call it a better game than Left 4 Dead 1/2 but that's probably just because I've played them so many times. The game had some launch problems on steam (corrupt saves if you played right away then updated), but I think that's all been hammered out now for smooth sailing.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I got a good deal on the game here. Everyone knows it has mixed reviews. It really helps to play with at least one friend, and not take it too seriously. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Alexander C. Taylor
I bought it and it arrived so I tried it out. I TRIED to install it but then a product code popped up so I could actually have played the game, IF i HAD A PRODUCT CODE WHICH DID... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Senan Mahic