Dead Island - Xbox 360
|Price:||$18.75 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$41.24 (69%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- First-person melee combat
- 4-player coop
- Weapon customization
- Set on an open world tropical island
- RPG elements for character development
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- In keeping with an atmosphere of desperation and survival by any means, Dead Island focuses on serious, first-person action gameplay with a close-quarter, immersive melee focus.
- Dead Island's seamless 4 player co-op multiplayer seeks to provide the most immersive multiplayer experience to date. Players can drop in and out of each other's games at any time with no loss of progress as well as the ability to continue on alone or with others.
- With thousands of weapons in-game to collect, from simple wooden bats to fire-axes to heavy rifles, Dead Island is a collector's dream. This in combination with Dead Island's weapon customization system will enable the player to craft the ultimate weapon to ensure their survival.
- The ability to enhance and develop your character using RPG-like elements including an XP/leveling system and un-lockable skill trees put the power in your hands to create and play a unique protagonist.
- Dead Island's damage system gives an unprecedented visual detail of the effects of each attack on enemies pushing the boundaries of visualized gore.
- With an open-world setting, Banoi is filled to the brim with things to do and objectives to tackle, allowing a fresh way to advance both the characters and story at the same time and providing for endless replay value.
Top Customer Reviews
That being said, I was shocked. I was surprised at how immersive the game was according to zombie apocalyptic terms and fighting them. I mean, I feel bad for the makers of this game because of how much crap they're getting for it. I'm impressed by how realistic they made every weapon feel and the movement and physics of them. They actually make you feel every step you take, every swing you make, and accurately show where the weapon actually lands on the zombie. When you swing a weapon, you don't just swing it forward and keep on hacking away at zombies. You swing it forward, and with your arm coming down, you follow up with another swing from the other side of your body, and sometimes depending on if the zombie is close or far, you will recoil with different moves. This along with stamina make this realistic to me. I mean, for a zombie game, I've never played with such realism.
In my opinion, the graphics are great. The island is huge. It's not oblivion/skyrim huge, but you have the full sense of free roam and have a ton of quests and objectives filled with zombie killing to keep you occupied.
If I can warn people who are on the fence about this game, at least get into act 2. Although I loved the game from the start, I can completely understand why many people described the game as 'slow to start' but eventually it kicks in.Read more ›
But the opening moments of the game have you waking up from a bad night of partying and running around a zombified island resort at the behest of "The Voice," all the while collecting teddy bears, champagne, etc. All of this done for a group of quest-givers who seem to believe self-sufficiency is taboo. All the while, people are referring to you as if you were more than one person, as though the developers were outright opposed to making a game that allows for a seamless singleplayer experience. No, DEAD ISLAND is all over the place in terms of what it does well, what it is, and what it's trying to be.
Despite all of that, it does indeed do some things very well, but I'm gonna go over the bad stuff first.
Disappointingly, there's not much of a story here. In the beginning, what appears to be a struggle to escape the infected island of Banoi quickly tailspins into a convoluted mess of sidequests involving everything, from the aforementioned teddy bears to delivering supplies to arranging luggage into a giant "HELP" sign on the beachhead. There's a lot going on in this game and not a lot of it's connected to the whole escape-the-island plan. I'll be darned if your character won't be the most unfocused survivor on the island.Read more ›
Dead Island gives you the ability to upgrade your characters through various paths of expertise that will enhance your chosen way of experiencing the game. This, of course, gives way for good replay value.
The arsenal is vast and you're able to create your own zombie slaying tools. With your weapons, you can literally tear the zombies limb from limb, which puts the gore factor over the top. It should be noted that your weapons will degrade over time, which will constantly put you on edge as you fight off the zombie hordes.
The quests are numerous and vary enough that it doesn't get tedious. In fact, they're pretty interesting.
Graphically, there's nothing that brings a new paradigm to gaming, but I don't take anything off of my view of the game for that.
Where I take issue is twofold. The controls are pretty clunky and are difficult to get used to. Given all of the examples out there of what works, there's just no excuse for poor button mapping.
The other issue is with the story. Do I need a good story for a zombie game? Well, no, but if you're going to give me a role playing game the story ought to be engaging and well thought out. I should feel as close to the person(s) trying escape this zombie hell as possible, but Dead Island just doesn't do that very well.
In the end, Dead Island is a solid zombie based RPG that's worth of your collection so long as you can get over some small issues. If anything, they've got a good basis for a solid series if enough people give them the support they deserve.
Thanks for reading!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A little too short no playing after the story so a bit disappointed.Published 15 days ago by Amazon Customer
I bought the game of the year edition for myself to feel up room on my hard drive after receiving a free copy through games with gold. Read morePublished 2 months ago by MamaNavyBrat
Game was ok. Not bad for the genre if you're a fan. Second one is better. If zombie killing is your thing you will enjoy it. Brutal at times. Scary for little ones. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Mike Troutt