From the Author
Want to help Nick solve a murder? Visit the Cool Ghoul Gazette website and sign up to become a (dead)beat reporter. coolghoulgazette(dot)com
Social networking has changed the way young people communicate. Can we keep books in "their" loop? According to KidSay Market Researchers, Facebook is now the favorite website among tween (8-11) boys and teen (12-15) girls. Over 90% of tween boys and girls play games online. Could an adventure mystery series that plays off today's fascination with the paranormal be the perfect antidote to the adolescent blank-stare fascination with video games?
"I want to give middle school readers (boys especially) a compelling story they can fall into, one that spurs their imagination and gets them jazzed about reading and using their creative gifts."
* Mystery adventure based on the paranormal fascination that exposes the myths and lies of the occult
* Spur discussion on spirits, souls and ghosts
* Aims to get parents and kids talking about the afterlife and the consequences of our actions on earth
* Great read for boys and girls
* Entertaining, humorous, high adventure, focusing on intrigue and suspense
* Plays off today's fascination with paranormal events and trends
* Discussion questions at the end of the book designed to get kids thinking about the consequences of our decisions
About the Author
Eddie Jones is a North Carolina-based writer and Acquisition Editor for Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. He is a three-time winner of the Delaware Writers Conference and his Young Adult novel, The Curse of Captain LaFoote
, won the 2012 Moonbeam Award in the Pre-Teen Fiction/Fantasy category and 2011 Selah Award in Young Adult fiction. Dead Man's Hand
is the first book in the Caden Chronicles, a paranormal-detective series.
He co-writes the He Said, She Said devotions, available at ChristianDevotions.us.
His latest adult novel, Bahama Breeze
, is a humorous romantic suspense available from Harbourlight Books. Eddie's recent devotional book, My Father's Business: 30 Inspirational Stories for Discerning and Doing Gods Wil
l, features Biblical insights and practical applications from the lives of Bruce Wilkerson, George S. Patton, Mother Teresa and more.