Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

100%
Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:$1.99

on July 26, 2012
For a story entitled Dead Mix, this is a remarkably life-affirming read. This is carpe diem, seize the day stuff: a story which won't fail to entertain. Crackling with the sassy and inventive wit which we've come to expect from Marilyn Baron, this is a small, but perfectly formed story which will tickle the dark side of your funny bone and have you racing to get to the end. Because, as readers, we really care about the characters and what happens to them.

The characters are excellently drawn - from the brilliantly named Daniel Craig (where have we heard that one before?) and Tia, who are, to all intents and purposes soul mates, to the antagonist, Devlin - and the plot is a real rollercoaster, full of surprises which of course I won't spoil here.

To conclude, for a story which has music at its heart, this is a story with real soul, with a great melody, and it's one which'll have you dancing in the aisles at the end.

Fantastic
on February 28, 2013
I love this author's work. I call these my "beach" books for obvious reasons. If you like this, you will love "The Edger"
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse