5.0 out of 5 stars Fun read!
Excellent mix of dark humor (very dark at times) and oddball characters that was a very enjoyable to read. Please note that this is a mature, rated R book.
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical zombie book...that never ends
**Spoiler Alert** I bought this because there were SO many 5 star reviews on it, but I was pretty much disappointed in it. If you're a hard core zombie fan, then you will probably love this book. Besides the obvious (zombies not being real) I just found so much of the book unbelievable and far fetched. A black elvis that slaughters his way through Vegas using only his...
Published 22 months ago by trinitee0925

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun read!, January 8, 2013
Amazon Customer (Southampton, MA United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Now THIS is Vegas!, October 2, 2012
This review is from: Dead and Moaning in Las Vegas (Kindle Edition)
I thought this book would be like "Night of the Living Trekkies."

The truth? It's better.

If you like zombie books that are insanely funny, you'll love this book. It hooks you from the first page and keeps you going, through the Vegas characters, the escalator ride from hell (I almost peed, I laughed so hard), and the ultimate zombie scene at Walmart.

Over the top in all the right ways, with strong writing, vivid imagery, and have I mentioned the humor? I read this on a long plane ride, and got several strange looks when I kept snorting with laughter.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another entertaining book from the Beer4theshower guys, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Dead and Moaning in Las Vegas (Kindle Edition)
I read their blog and read their last effort (Missing Link). As entertaining as that was, Dead and Moaning is even better. Zombies are always good, but this book most definitely incorporates their humorous writing style. Good read :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!!, October 3, 2012
This review is from: Dead and Moaning in Las Vegas (Kindle Edition)
This novel is a funny must-read. The authors are excellent at keeping the story moving at a fast pace while painting vivid pictures in my mind. I thoroughly enjoyed this read and am recommending it to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Zombies! Poker! Action!, September 16, 2012
This review is from: Dead and Moaning in Las Vegas (Kindle Edition)
You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll scream. You'll curse. You'll want to go out for a little brain paté. Yes, this book is THAT good. You won't regret buying and reading it!

4.0 out of 5 stars It was fun!, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Dead and Moaning in Las Vegas (Kindle Edition)
Although this took forever to really get going it was still fun from the start. But it was really slow. I also felt like it took too long to introduce a couple major players. The zombies were fun, I enjoyed their antics. The trip to Wal-Mart had its moments. The entire book seemed to be fast then slow, stop then go. I guess it was clear that two people wrote it because there were two styles. Still, I did love the humor and when it went from silly to ridiculous I loved it even more. I do think if you enjoy zombie stories you're in for a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zombietastic!, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Dead and Moaning in Las Vegas (Kindle Edition)
If you are a fan of the Zombie genre, and a fan of humor novels, believe me, you'll love this book.

I love zombie stories, but it is rare when a humorous approach is successful, for me, at least. This novel is full of zombie gore and suspense, but is so funny at the same time, and it works. I enjoyed the setting, the incredibly quirky characters, and the non-stop pace. It's a zombietastic read!

This is honestly one of my favorite books I've read this year. If you are toying with ordering it...just do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Aroused a peculiar craving for brains, October 4, 2012
This review is from: Dead and Moaning in Las Vegas (Kindle Edition)
Had me laughing out loud on the commuter rail causing distress in the strangers that surrounded me. It didn't matter, though. I was so immersed in the book that the odd looks and the cries of frightened children were lost on me.

Beside the hilarious situations and absurd dialogue, the story provides an interesting view of society that is otherwise hushed and unspoken. You like zombies, comedy, and Elvis? Then pick up this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every minute, October 2, 2012
This review is from: Dead and Moaning in Las Vegas (Kindle Edition)
This book is very well written and edited, along with being funny and entertaining. Possibly the best zombie book I've gotten from Amazon. Worth every minute that you'll spend reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Things to Do in Vegas When You're Undead, September 23, 2012
This review is from: Dead and Moaning in Las Vegas (Kindle Edition)
I'm not typically a fan of zombies, but I am a fan of the authors' blog and webcomic. This novel has everything I expected from the A Beer for the Shower boys, and more. It's got humor, satire, and a good amount of heart, all rolled up into one tastefully absurd story.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›