Customer Discussions > Red Dead Redemption forum

Red Dead Redemption one of the worst games i played this year

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 7, 2010 8:05:43 PM PDT
Sandee says:
So upon the release date for this game, i saw that the game was getting amazing reviews (as eveyr Rockstar game does) I saw a lot of videos on the multiplayer, which looked amazing.

So i got it shipped to my home about a week after release date. I popped the sucker in, and i was blown away. Not in a good way.

The game was boring. Boring story that was easy to guess what would happen. (I said to myself. And quote. "The smae exact thing is going to happen to every character that kills people. He dies.")

That being said. The characters were boring and bland, nothing interesting about them. They were just there.

The landscape i will admitt is quite amazing. But the more i played this game the more i wanted the world to be bigger, it was to small. Which brings me to my next point. I beatRed Dead in two sittings. I dont need pointless side missions to add the game length. They wont progress what happened and no i pefer the main story. If they are interesting ill do them. But i wont sit there for a few hours just doing pointless bounties and stupid stranger missions.

I should also add how much similar it is to Grand Theft Auto. I expected this, but its pretty much a copy and paste. The characters are bland, the world is generic. The characters are put in the same situations.

The multiplayer is terrible. I cant tell you how many times ive ran into people corning camping with an auto shotty. Or just spamming cocktails.

Rockstar really needs to get new ideas.

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 1:22:00 AM PDT
Sucks you don't like the game, but you don't give enough sufficient reasons as to why. The multiplayer is terrific and just because you encounter some bad apples dosen't mean the entire multiplayer is awful. The world was absolutely huge, and had tons of stuff to do in it. The side missions are there to add game length, if you don't want to do them, then fine, don't but don't complain that the game is too short when there is obviously much more to be done in the game. I liked the characters, especially John, but if you don't like them then that's just your opinion. It also has much greater variety than GTA IV and better side missions, which makes playing through the game feel very different. If you don't like the game then that's your opinion, but unless you are willing to experience all of it (the main story was very long for a shooter, by the way) then you hardly have a right to judge the entire game because, who knows? You might be unwilling to encounter something that could radically change your mind about the game.

P.S- you might want to post an obvious spoiler tag for those who haven't played it yet.

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 9:50:11 AM PDT
There must be something wrong with you if you don't like the game. My mother likes this game and she hates video games. Red dead redemption is an amazing piece of work, and to rag on it like you just did should be a sin. You're a troll, go complain about video games that actually suck.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2010 6:22:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 10, 2011 11:45:41 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2010 6:25:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 10, 2011 11:46:25 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 21, 2010 12:19:01 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2010 6:08:20 PM PDT
Sandee says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2010 2:40:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2011 5:15:53 PM PDT
ShoppingGeek says:
I agree. I played it a few hours and just couldn't get into it. The funny thing is that I liked GTA4. To each his own, I guess. After getting bored by RDR, I went back and replayed my old favorites (Fallout 3, Dead Space, BioShock 1 & 2), and I'm about ready to give RDR another try.

[About a year later:] I've tried RDR a time or two since then and still find it mind-numbingly boring. I would rather play Dead Space 2 for the 20th time.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2010 2:19:59 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 10, 2011 11:46:34 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2010 3:12:32 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 10, 2011 11:46:44 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2010 3:13:14 PM PDT
Sandee says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2011 11:15:39 AM PST
rdr is a great game . i really think people dont' take the time to really get into the game and figure it out, such as ropeing a horse ,rideing a horse ,chuck wagons. iam half way through the game and find it awesome some of the scenery is beautiful, monument valley is shown in some scenes, i have lived out west for 14 years . some times i dont play the game i just take a ride on a horse to explore the scenery, if you have never been out west this game will take you there. ed fichter

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2011 11:42:41 AM PST
WHY. CANT GET THE HANG OF IT,

Posted on Mar 22, 2011 9:49:31 AM PDT
Junkiiiii says:
What bugs me most about the people that dislike the game is that they give it a 1 star. A 1 star...really? So you are telling me that RDR is as bad as Superman 64 and ET? You people are absolute jokes. People that 1 star games that are far from abismal should have something next to heir names to denote their credibility.

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 12:25:23 PM PDT
Tim C. says:
You lost all credibility when you mentioned you beat the main game in two sittings.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2011 11:06:55 AM PDT
Watcher says:
Superman 64 was AWESOME! :)

Posted on May 17, 2011 7:38:55 PM PDT
Austin Akens says:
Maybe some people just can't understand the hard work and effort it is to make a game like RDR come to life. No game deserves a 1 star review. It is very hard and takes patience and great skill. RDR was a great game, def. a keeper. Too bad you couldn't get into it, missed alot.
-Side note to the herding being fun- it's not meant to be. It's showing how cowboys had thier life in that time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2011 7:41:46 PM PDT
Austin Akens says:
It was showing how cowboys lived in Western times. What do you think they done... got out thier cell phones and used mind control on the cattle? BTW you only herd cows, not horses. Another note, you only herd early and later in the game. It wasn't a big deal.

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 9:10:55 AM PDT
ChomskyKnows says:
stick to the Wii rube...

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 4:37:43 PM PDT
C. Hedditch says:
I enjoy rpgs (Fallout,Borderlands, ect), but some people have lives. I bought this game based on the reviews and cannot believe how boring it is. The controls are glitchy (how hard is it to open a damn trunk without circling it 3 times), and side missions are were obviously made for shut-ins (how many times do I have to get off my horse to pick some flowers?). Honest to god, I had to get on digg or reddit everytime I started playing this game just to keep from falling asleep. Yes, that is correct, I enjoyed reading the news more than paying attention to the actual game. This game does not even compare to Red Dead Revolver for PS2.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 1:09:44 AM PDT
Zach Mathis says:
Go troll somewhere else, just because you are bad at a game doesn't make it a bad game.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 4:12:09 PM PDT
C. Hedditch says:
There's a big difference between trolling and giving an honest (and humorous) opinion. If you can't handle people having differing opinions from your own, then I suggest avoiding the internet. It's not trolling if you actually mean what you say, but nice effort pulling out an overused meme. Maybe I am bad at this game, and maybe the game is STILL glitchy.

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 9:16:46 AM PST
David Rey says:
lol wow i thought i was alone in thinking this game was boring. More than boring to me, it was just annoying. The story, especially act 1, was so damn annoying to me. Gosh, Marston is supposed to be a bad a$$ but he lets these two guys turn him into an errand boy. I had to force myself to beat this game. Act 2 was much better but then Act 3 was kinda weak to me. The ending was not as awesome to me as I heard it was going to be. *SPOILER***** Then after I beat it, i actually enjoyed playing as his son and getting revenge. THen when the zombie DLC dropped i REALLY started to feel like I got my moneys worth of enjoyment. I bought this game when it first came out due to the reviews and hype. I even bought the strat guide. Though the game is beautiful, i found the story and gameplay disappointing. No where nearly as good as they hyped it up to be... in my opinion. Maybe if you like cowboy/ western themes a lot you will love this. I hated the cow herding and the dog watch, so i skipped those missions. :P Actually, i forgot that i know 5 people who have this game and I was the only one who managed to beat it. All my friends never beat it cause they said it was boring. I don't get it. I wanted to love this like everyone else did :(
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Red Dead Redemption forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Sep 7, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption by Rockstar Games (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (765)