Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 17, 2015
Very interesting subject matter and a strong case are, at least for me, almost overcast by the heavy-handed use of borderline-hyperbolic, self-congratulatory, third person narrative by the authors. It's like they're trying to write themselves in as the sensational hero protagonists of a bad noir mystery novel. Also, political affiliations aside, the use of clearly accusative terms like "Lame duck administration" and "director of bureaucratic bamboozlement" work to suck credibility out of the presented evidence, in favor of some sort of apparent bone-picking. It adds an amateurish feel to the writing. At least the subject matter itself is interesting enough to keep me reading.
on April 10, 2013
I bought this book assuming it was about the 2001 anthrax letter attacks, but it's really more of a history of the use of anthrax in germ warfare than anything else.

I've read several books on biological warfare and the like, and never cease to be amazed at the admissions of how governments test deadly biological agents on unsuspecting troops, and in some cases, on poor areas of major cities.
on August 20, 2009
DEAD SILENCE: FEAR AND TERROR ON THE ANTHRAX TRAIL tells of the US anthrax attacks and their connection to a global germ warfare underground. Two reporters interview scientists, politicians and assassins all involved with the development and monitoring of such warfare potentials - and provide a frightening saga of the secret, real world of international biological weapons research. A powerful, fearful account for any lending library, from health and politics to general-interest holdings.
on May 31, 2009
The more we learn about the anthrax attacks and the failed FBI investigation, the more we will be disgusted with the continuing failure to solve a case of mass murder that terrorized America. So I welcome the publication of Dead Silence and look forward to reading it.

NOTE: Now that I have read DEAD SILENCE, I recommend it even more.

Sometimes fiction can be as powerful a means of informing and influencing as non-fiction.

I deal with the failed FBI investigation of the 2001 anthrax attack in my novel Case Closed, revealing stunning abuses of power at the highest levels of government.

Does my novel tell what actually happened? Of course not. It's a novel!

But many readers, including one well place source in the Intelligence Community, have told me my story of conspiracy and murder is, unfortunately, "all too plausible."

The only thing we know for sure about the 2001 anthrax attacks is that the CASE is definitely not CLOSED!