Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Dead Space 2” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 42% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Dead Space 2
|Price:||$19.70 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$0.29 (1%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- For the first time, experience the horror of a Necromorph outbreak in multiplayer as you fight in skirmishes around the Sprawl and strategically dismember your friends
- Continue the frightening Dead Space saga in a whole new survival-horror adventure with engineer Isaac Clarke
- Impale Necromorphs into the walls with the Javelin, use improved telekinesis to turn limbs into deadly weapons, plant powerful dismembering trip mines, or create a hull-breach to suck a group of monsters out into space
- Fire up Isaac's suit boosters to rocket around in zero gravity like never before
- Explore the depths of the Sprawl and encounter new weightless combat and physics-based puzzles with full 360 degree movement
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Dead Space 2 is a third-person horror survival game in which players must battle an alien infestation straight out of a nightmare. Follow-up game to 2008's original Dead Space, in this new release players explore a whole new terrifying game environment and battle the Necromorph abominations utilizing new weapons and tools such as the powerful javelin gun and a new space suit with built-in booster rockets. Additional game features include: improved telekinesis powers and online multiplayer functionality.
Engineer Isaac Clarke returns for another bloodcurdling adventure in the sequel to the critically acclaimed Dead Space. After waking from a coma on a massive space city known as "The Sprawl," the lone survivor of a horrific alien infestation finds himself confronting a catastrophic new nightmare. Battling dementia, hunted by the government, and haunted by visions of his dead girlfriend, Isaac will do whatever it takes to save himself and dominate the gruesome onslaught. With an arsenal of tools to dismember Necromorphs and new determination, an engineer will bring the terror to space.
As with the original Dead Space game Dead Space 2 is a survival horror game played from the third-person perspective. Playing as Engineer Isaac Clarke players navigate a new environment, the space city, known as "The Sprawl." Here you must avoid or eliminate enemies including various Necromorph, horrific corpselike creatures reanimated by an alien enemy, as well as solve physics based puzzles. Game features include: multiplayer support, improved telekinesis powers and new weapons and tools, including the javelin gun which can pin an enemy to the wall and a new space suit that contains built-in booster rockets providing for maximum movement in zero-gravity.
- Chaos Hits "The Sprawl":
- Caught in the middle of a horrific infestation that’s decimating a massive space city, Isaac Clarke will dismember, impale, and stomp his way across "The Sprawl"
- Blast through the Church of Unitology, jet across the Solar Array, and infiltrate the CEC facility on the path to survival
- Master the Terror:
- Familiar as well as all-new grotesque creatures lurk around every corner
- Wield a set of devastating tools to bring the terror to space. Impale Necromorphs into the walls with the Javelin, use improved telekinesis to turn limbs into deadly weapons, plant powerful dismembering trip mines, or create a hull-breach to suck a group of monsters out into space
- Tear Through Space In Zero-G:
- Fire up Isaac's suit boosters to rocket around in zero gravity like never before. Explore the depths of the Sprawl and encounter new weightless combat and physics-based puzzles with full 360° movement
- Online Multiplayer
- For the first time, experience the horror of a Necromorph outbreak with others as you battle online in skirmishes around the Sprawl and strategically dismember your friends
New suit abilities & weapons.
Online multiplayer support.
New space based environment.
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
Dead Space 2 is amazing. It takes everything the original put into the series, and enhances it. The controls are more precise, smooth and convenient (with the addition of a single button health and stasis refill system), the visuals are even more detailed and gritty, the sound is as creepy as ever, and the story remains intriguing and intense. You must work to unravel the truth behind the Sprawl (the game's setting), Unitology and Necromorphs, as well as battling (literally) horrific hallucinations and delusions from an alien form of dementia. If you are a fan of the first, then you will definitely enjoy this.
Dead Space 2's gameplay is very similar to the first, but with the right tweaks and enhancements. The controls are basically the same with some minor changes (select is the default menu, square is to reload, aim and triangle is for stasis). The circle button is now a one hit health refill button, instead of square (from the first). The triangle button is similar, but for stasis refill. Isaac's movements are much smoother, more precise, and easier to control. The melee attacks, for example, are far more accurate and can be used in quick succession, unlike in the first. The weapons are great and fun to use as well. One major change is in the zero-gravity areas.Read more ›
Prior to release, it seemed Dead Space 2 (DS2) doomed itself to failure...Obviously it would be compared to its highly acclaimed predecessor with a microscope. During the lead up to the release in January of 2011, there were complaints from fans from everything to it having multiplayer tacked on, to the protagonist Isaac Clarke showing his face. Other people complained about him getting a fully voiced dialog, or that he was supposedly accompanied this time around. The concern was the atmosphere created by DS1 and how these factors would diminish it. These issues all could have taken away from the magic that was DS1. However, what I found in DS2 was a richer, more engrossing, more refined and overall purely superior experience in comparison to DS1.
When playing DS2, I noticed some differences in the controls...something that was hard to pin down exactly what had changed. All I knew was that in comparison to DS1, DS2's controls felt tighter, more responsive and overall better to use. I felt that in most situations where Isaac gets mauled, maimed or shredded by the baddies that it was my fault in some way, not some fault of the controls.Read more ›
GENRE: Survival horror.
GAMEPLAY: Third person shooter. However, instead of the usual center of mass/headshot gameplay, these necromorphs require dismemberment. Hence, Isaac has a number of unconventional weapons at his disposal that make this task more feasible (an arc welder, force gun, plasma cutter, electric saw, etc). A couple of weapons have been added to the arsenal from Dead Space, but essentially the gameplay remains the same. The addition of a proximity mine thrower makes it easier to strategize and lay down some defenses against the heavier onslaughts. The suits now come equipped with thrusters, so space walks are free roaming as opposed to the linear jumps in Dead Space.
ISAAC CLARKE: This time out, Isaac is no longer the "mute protagonist" of Dead Space. Now that Isaac reacts and responds to the other characters that interact with him, the narrative of Dead Space 2 is much more fulfilling and enjoyable to watch unfold. He's also being haunted and slowly driven insane by strong hallucinations of his girlfriend.
DLC: The downloadable content, available at five bucks a pop, offers beefed-up space suits and weapons. Essentially, it provides you with items you otherwise wouldn't get until a few levels into the game. The upgrading system remains the same, however.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well I gave it to my grand boy for his birthday and out of all his gifts he not only said thank you but gave me a thumbs up - the only gift he gave that attention to. Read morePublished 24 days ago by Priscilla S. Palmer