Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dead Man / Texas Rangers
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on February 16, 2013
Johnny Depp is an amazing actor and I bet he is a person of real depth, intelligence with feelings as deep as the ocean.
He can dominate any scene he plays but he manages not to in this movie. I got a chance to appreciate Gary Farmer and have gone in search of more of his work.

The Indian Heritage and the connected spirituality are the stars of the movie. Time is compressed and Depp goes back in time the farther West he travels. The metal works looks more like a fat rendering plant(the workers were not dressed for that sort of heat and it would never work in a wooden building), at a time when whales are in shortened supply. So kill off the buffalo and antelope, render the little fat on their tasty bodies for fuel and open the market to English beef. A ridiculous and costly enterprise we are still paying a high price for while ruining our bodies and the environment.

It is the tiniest details that make this a movie to watch over and over, every word is necessesary, once we get away from "civilization" and when the bad guy said,"looks like a religious Icon." I about fell over! The symbolism is everywhere and if you don't catch it, take a class in Native American studies. It is hard to listen to if we don't learn from the past we are doomed.
on December 30, 2012
I'm only rating this for Dead Man. I think it's a very strangely beautiful and powerful movie. It's very humorous for sure but the subject needs to be treated with humor or we'll never take a good look at it. I've watched it several times and I know I'll be watching it again. Great acting and great story. A real sleeper.
on September 4, 2013
Johnny Depp...whoa; he is brilliant in Dead Man...a strange movie that will keep you watching till the end. Texas Rangers is totally unrelated to Dead Man...a good take on early days of the Rangers. A weird yet worthy combo set.
on September 4, 2013
Got this for someone else but watched Dead Man and found it a most enjoyable western. Two movies on this DVD and a great buy. Could not be happier.
on August 14, 2014
The 5 stars are for Dead man. It should be -20 for Texas rangers.... why do they pair movies that are S#@#! with a good one?
on December 10, 2014
Glad that I could find Dead Man with Johnny Depp.
on November 20, 2014
if u like the movies the double pack is worth it
on May 23, 2016
Dead man was different
on September 8, 2013
Texas Rangers was ok but sort of slow and lack luster. Dead Man was just completely weird and without merit.