4.0 out of 5 stars What a season
Ah, Deadliest Catch, my favorite show on TV. Season 7 didn't disappoint, even if it was a little darker than earlier seasons and had more boats (and therefore less time spent on each boat).

Returning this season:

Published on January 10, 2012 by K. Knight

3.0 out of 5 stars New Captains
In this season, we see less of the "older captains" and see more of the new ones; Elliott and Junior --- this is such a disapointment because it is like this season is focusing more on these two new arrivals. Additionally, the captain of Phil's boat is NOT enjoyable to watch; you get the feeling that this guy is trying to completely erase the memory of Captain...
Published 17 months ago by Ellen out west

4.0 out of 5 stars What a season, January 10, 2012

Returning this season:

The Northwestern: My favorite! I missed Edgar during Opilio season (hope he comes back next year) and think Jake needs to stop whining about how no one respects him. He should focus more on learning the job than who gets more respect on deck. Otherwise things seem pretty normal for the Northwestern crew (long grinds, practical jokes and big numbers).

The Time Bandit: There seemed to less of the Time Bandit boys this season (whether this was because there were fewer things going on on the boat or because of the fallout of the Discovery Channel/Hillstrand lawsuit I don't know) but I always enjoy them, especially with a new greenhorn.

The Wizard: I have to admit that I don't really like the Wizard. I think Keith (and Monte) are abusive and unreasonable with their crew and with their fellow crabbers. Keith needs to go into anger management (this season he flies off the handle to an alarming degree). It did amuse me that Keith was surprised at the huge amount of dead loss they suffered during King Crab season despite the fact that he had them in the tanks for 15 days and the average life span of a crab in the tanks is 10 days.

The Cornelia Marie: I miss Capt. Phil! The boat (and the show) will never be the same without him. In King season, the CM is the scene of lots of drama between the Harris brothers and Derek, the new captain. While I think Jake probably was smoking pot on the boat, I also think Derek's reaction was overblown (and probably stemmed more from his anger at the crew's essential mutiny than him actually being afraid he'd lose his license if Jake was caught on the boat). Things turned around during Opi season.

Also back from last season is the Kodiak: I didn't much care for Wild Bill last season, but I liked him better this go around. He seems more grounded and less 'fly off the handle at everything'. I think he's a good addition to the show.

New this year:

The Seabrooke: I normally don't like the 'new' boats they feature every year, but I ended up really enjoying the Seabrooke and hope they're back next year. Capt. Junior was interesting and the crew was hard working but still fun (and able to take a joke as seen from the egg debacle).

The Ramblin' Rose: I didn't care for this ship or its whiney, 'I'm so awesome' captain. If the Rose didn't return for next season, I'd be only too happy.

Also, please note that this DVD set (the one sold by Amazon) does not include any After the Catch content. I believe the set sold by Discovery does.

If you're a fan of this show, this season won't disappoint you. There's big weather, stressed captains/crews, close calls, injuries and big successs. If you haven't seen this, what are you waiting for?

5.0 out of 5 stars I am "hooked", December 4, 2012
Frank (Pasadena, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deadliest Catch: Season 7 (DVD)
I own every season of Deadliest Catch and this is much cheaper price then I found it anywhere else. Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the same without Phil, February 11, 2012
Sarah "butterflywing99" (Deltona, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deadliest Catch: Season 7 (DVD)
This season was a bit of a let down. Josh and Jake acted like spoiled brats and we all know Jake was getting high! Either way this season is also missing the After the Catch that is a great addition. I also thought that there were too many boats or something. The show just kind of felt all over the place. Maybe it is just missing Phil.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deadiest Catch, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Deadliest Catch: Season 7 (DVD)
I bought this for my sons-in-law who live in Australia. They watch the show when visiting us. We sent them the DVD's so they can watch the old shows and look forward to the new episodes when they come for another visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grit and Determinaiton, March 16, 2014
These are some of the toughest people around. Anyone willing to shove it to Mother Nature and while fighting her try to outwit the prospects of fishing for anything in efforts of making a living deserves every bit of respect that I can summon. Very entertaining and exciting. The editors and camera people do an outstanding job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fishermans show, March 12, 2014
Coming from a discovery channel donator, deadliest catch was awesome. I like seeing new types of fish, fishing techniques, the struggle, and more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the show., February 24, 2014
Just a good show, enjoy watching it and like the fact it continues each week with what was going on last week. Also glad its on Amazon Prime! Thanks for it being a Prime!!! :O)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 21, 2014
I love this show. It is the best show vid watched on here so far and want to watch more

5.0 out of 5 stars i love this show, February 12, 2014
these guys got Kahuna's as big as hot air balloons. I could never do what they do, and then to do it in the elements. WOW!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ocean reality, February 10, 2014
this is the only "reality show" I watch. The drivel of the inter-personal relationships is trumped by the spectacular scenery. I have personally ejected many gallons of vomit into the stormy Behring Sea and can testify as to the authenticity of the spectacular storm sequences. Deadliest Catch allows me to appreciate the view without the nausea. I'm told they have an experienced guy running the companion boat that shoots the boats fighting the waves. I can't get enough of this program, in spite of the whining, squabbling and bragging. If you've ever commercial fished you will enjoy the sight of each full pot of crabs.