5.0 out of 5 stars Gasping for breath
A.R. Wise seizes you from the very first page and keeps on pushing. Unlike most novels, there isn't a single down moment in Deadlocked. It would actually be a challenge to stop reading. If you haven't put this on your Kindle yet . . . do it now! You won't be disappointed.
Published on March 6, 2012 by Vincent Bivona, author of BRYCE

"Deadlocked" is a Zombie thriller by author A.R. Wise. This Kindle e-book was priced at $0.00 and was a 131 Kb download.

SPOILERS (general theme)

Published on January 24, 2012 by R. Nicholson

5.0 out of 5 stars Gasping for breath, March 6, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Storycrafting, February 7, 2012
This review is from: Deadlocked (Kindle Edition)
This is, in my opinion, a valient first tale in a series, i look forward to the rest. The author told a believable tale and it hooked me to the end, and what a end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, December 22, 2011
Dave (Arlington VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deadlocked (Kindle Edition)
A very fast paced & well written storyline with lots of action from beginning to end and with characters that were very well developed. I also liked reading the author's notes at the end of the book which offered some insight into the series. I was glad I took a chance on this book. I really enjoyed it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Deadlocked (Kindle Edition)
Best freebie I've gotten on my Kindle so far. No glaring errors in spelling or punctuation, as I've found in almost everything else I've gotten, and what a story. Couldn't put it down once I'd started.Can't wait to see what comes next.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Zombie Novella - Great Start to a Series!, July 24, 2012
Stephanie Ward (Cochranton, PA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Deadlocked (Kindle Edition)
'Deadlocked' is a fast-paced novella that deals with the horrifying topic of zombies. Although it's a short read at only about 50 pages, the author manages to adeptly set the stage for the entire series and leave the reader hooked to the very last page. The plot is frighteningly realistic and the lengths to which the main character, David, goes to in order to protect his wife and children from this horrific occurrence is honest and touching. Since this is a horror novel, it is action-packed and very fast-paced, which makes the length quite a downside. I finished it so quickly I felt like I had whiplash. I just wanted more of the story - I wasn't ready to be done so fast. Luckily, this is just the first in a series that follows a family's courageous attempts to overcome a zombie apocalypse.

Disclosure: I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

3.0 out of 5 stars "Deadlocked"...A great Zombie story, but some concerns. 2 1/2 Stars, January 24, 2012

SPOILERS (general theme)

This is the story of an sudden and unexpected Zombie outbreak in a city. The infestation starts slowly but rapidly overruns the area causing residents to panic and flee for their lives. This is the story of Dave, who is at the hospital when things start to go awry and his attempt to get home to his family.

END SPOILERS

Impressions: some pros and cons...

1.) not an unusual scenario for a Zombie tale but one that was interesting and started out with some intriguing ideas and truly grotesques imagery.

2.) although Dave's desire to get home to his family was noble and understandable, the methods to arrive there stretched ones sense of believability. Some examples (without going into specific details, but please read at your own risk) to follow...
<spoilers>
a.) the pontoon ride and the cops.
b.) the long swim in frigid waters.
c.) the ongoing confrontation with the thugs.
d.) the inability to push a boat from a dock by 4 adults resulting in the needless loss of 2 human lives at the end of the story.

Conclusion:
This is a story where author A.R. Wise shows that he is a writer with some promise. The story of getting from point A to point B was sound...it's just that some of the circumstances within the journey were, to say the least, improbable. Yes I realize this is a fictional story, but if events occur that are not believable within the context of the what's being written, then it looses qualities that prevent it from becoming a memorable piece of fiction.
I really liked the overall story but I had trouble engaging a tale where so many occurrances were, even for a fictional work, unlikely.

As it is 2 1/2 Stars.

Ray Nicholson

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great zombie novel, February 14, 2013
This review is from: Deadlocked (Kindle Edition)
Another great zombie book! The plot progressed quickly, but not too fast. You really connect with David (the main character) and begin seeing the world through his eyes. A must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Deadlocked (Kindle Edition)
This book was truly inspiring. I happen to be a amateur writer and this book was inspiring for my future work

5.0 out of 5 stars Deadlock Series, February 8, 2013
Deadlocked 4DeadlockedDeadlocked 3
I am now on the last in this series and they just get better and better. I have been reading for over 59 years and it's so refreshing to read a new author (to me) who is so good. His books are so so good I am loosing sleep because it's impossible to put it down. The characters are very well drawn and each one so different. It's not all horror and violence, little rays of sunshine manage to break through. Each book deals with different aspects and people but are still intertwined leading the story on and revealing the story through each characters eyes. If you read any new books this year I suggest you read these ones

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Zombie novella that starts a series., February 7, 2013
This review is from: Deadlocked (Kindle Edition)
I donwloaded this after reading a few other Zombie novella's. It was free and seemed like a good read and had good reviews. Once I started reading it I couldn't wait to finsh it. It is very good and I loved how the story flowed. I love anything Zombie and if you do too this is a must read. After completing the story I got hooked. I plan on purchasing the 4 combo pack and the 5th and 6th book too. It was smart on the author to allow this 1st book to be free. Becasue it is such a good story it does make you want to read the rest of the books which I do plan on doing. If you haven't downloaded this story to read yet you better. You won't be disappointed.

Deadlocked