From the Back Cover
How to Bring Out the Best in People at Their Worst!...Now Totally Revised for a New Generation of Bothersome Behaviors
Since this best-selling book first appeared, the world has changed dramatically.
Technology has spawned a whole new breed of annoyances. From cell-phone chatters to E-mail spammers to voice-mail hogs, life today is filled with even more people you can't stand!
It's the guy in the supermarket line who is talking on his cell phone instead of unloading his cart...
It's the E-mail "buddy" who jams your in-box with annoying jokes, petitions, and other junk mail...
It's the boss who behaves like a bully and a petty tyrant, and has the power to get away with it...
It's the co-worker who promises results, but never delivers when the chips are down...
At best, such people can make life stressful and unpleasant. At worst, they can keep you from achieving important goals. The good news is that you don't have to let them do either! It's fully within your power to bring out the best behavior in people who are at their worst.
Sound impossible? It's not. Just ask the millions who have benefited from Brinkman and Kirschner's proven, innovative approach to dealing with difficult people. From this one-of-a-kind guide, you'll learn:
- How to identify 10 bothersome behaviors, and deal successfully with each of them!
- How difficult people think, what they fear, and why they act the way they do.
- How to use advanced, sophisticated "listening techniques" to unlock the doors to people's minds, hearts, and deepest needs.
- How to cultivate nine "take-charge" skills that turn conflict into cooperation by reducing the differences between people.
- How to change the destructive behavior of the tank...the know-it-all...the grenade...the whiner...and many more!
About the Author
Dr. Rick Brinkman and Dr. Rick Kirschner are naturopathic physicians, professional speakers, and trainers, and the coauthors of the bestselling audio and video tapes How to Deal with Difficult People, which have sold more than 300,000 copies. Since 1980, they have shared their insights with audiences across the nation and around the world through their company, R&R Productions.