Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on November 29, 2003
I found this book really useful. It speaks directly to teens and offers specific techniques for handling problems like peer pressure, sleeplessness, sadness and others. A lot of the advice still applies to me as a grown woman - I tried some of the suggestions for insomnia, and they really worked! It was also eye-opening for me as a mother to read the anecdotes from teen girls and understand their problems from their point of view. I have also bought copies for each of my teenaged nieces and would recommend it to any teen girl and her parents.
on September 17, 2003
This author gets right to the core of insecurity with body image, friendships and the painful process of dealing with divorce when you love both parents. In a gentle but experienced way, this therapist has an acute awareness and sensitivity to an adolescent's concerns.
As a teacher and mother of two daughters, I found this book to be a "bible" of knowledge.
on September 11, 2005
This is by far the best self-help book for girls that I have ever come across. It addresses issues--some very difficult--that pre-teen and teenage girls are faced with today. I thought that every chapter was sensitive and well-written. My 14 year old daughter thought the chapters on body image, anxiety and insomnia made her feel better about herself and more in control of her life. I thought that the last chapter, on lesbian teens, was appropriate and helpful as it showed that most girls are not gay, and that tolerance for others who are different is important. My 12 year old daughter found this reassurring as she was beginning to worry that she was a lesbian because of something she read in a magazine. This book is a must-read for every adolescent girl and her parents.
on November 20, 2003
but this is one of the best advice books to come across my desk. Jill helps me with my advice column in ym, Ask Anything, and, like this book, her ideas are always clear, succinct, non-condescending, and creative. It's very hard to find something new to say about typical teenage dilemmas like talking to parents who won't let you date, but Jill manages to have fresh takes on all of the problems she addresses. I'd definitely recommend this for any teenager who finds herself stressed and confused by the ins and outs of life.
on November 29, 2003
I found this book really useful. It speaks directly to teens and offers specific techniques for handling problems like peer pressure, sleeplessness, sadness and others. A lot of the advice still applies to me as a grown woman - I tried some of the suggestions for insomnia, and they really worked! It was also eye-opening for me as a mother to read the anecdotes from teen girls and understand their problems from their point of view. I think it is so useful that I have also bought copies for each of my teenaged nieces. I recommend it to any teen girl and her parents.
on December 5, 2003
I read this book two weeks ago and it has really changed my attitude about myself. It was extremelly helpful and I would recommend it to anyone. This book will definetley help you with all of life's little problems.
on February 23, 2007
great book, my teenager seems to be carrying it with her with interest and is actually reading it and interested in it.......with self help books you never know but this one seemed to talk to her
on November 29, 2007
This past summer, I went searching for a book that dealt with teen girl issues. When I read a few reviews on this book, I said, this "has" to be the book. After purchasing the book and reading it, I was happy to say, this was the book I was after. It is clearly written and very understandable. The young ladies in the book club fell in LOVE with this book because they could easily relate to it!! I def. reccommend this to teen girls and parents!
on May 29, 2008
Jill Zimmerman Rutledge offers practical advice to help girls cope with the issues they face in their everyday lives. What I found refreshing about her book was the inclusion of three girls' different perspectives in how they each dealt with body image issues, their parents' divorces, anxiety attacks, insomnia, depression, boyfriends, overscheduled lives, and more. The girls' stress-busting tips and strategies are definitely worth reading...and trying!
on March 8, 2012
This is an excellent book which presents stories of girls who have gone through difficult issues, and the strategies to deal with a variety of stressful situations. I find the stsrategies to be very useful, and today's generation of teen girls certainly can use the guidance! As a therapist and parent educator, I highly recommend this book, not only for teen girls, but for their parents as well! The stories are timely, and issues are challenging, and the coping strategies are coherent and practical. A must-read!