5.0 out of 5 stars This is a powerful and compelling book.
Every year I read this book to my students, then I pass it to the other teachers who also read the book to their students. Students and teachers find it fastinating and moving. It leads to a great discussion of what we can do to save the earth. It is great for the start of a Earth Day or Conservation Unit!
Published on October 17, 1999 by Cynthia Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars No jacket from seller
The book is great, story and illustrations, but this book did not come with the jacket, it was a gift so I was dissappointed
Published 8 months ago by Grace Capuano

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a powerful and compelling book., October 17, 1999
Cynthia Hall (Oak Hill, West Virginia) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book was Very Warm and Touching, October 10, 2002
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Dear Children Of The Earth (Hardcover)
Hi! My name is Jacqueline. For all you people out there who like touching stories and animals, boy do I have the right book series for you. Well, there is this really cool author named Schim Schimmel. Here is one of his books, Dear Children of the Earth: A Letter from Home. It is about how Mother Earth and the animals that live there need you. Here are two of his sentences in the book, "My children, when my people do a little thing to me, it becomes a big thing. So it is very important for each person to stop doing things that hurt me, or hurt their sister and brother animals." The book is a very touching and heartwarming story. It made me feel like the animals were my friends. It is very easy to read. I would recommend it to five year olds and up. I only read two books. I hope you read all of them. I can't tell you any more but you can find out!

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great book, May 18, 2002
shelley sweet (fairport, ny USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dear Children Of The Earth (Hardcover)
bought this for my son. a great way to teach kids to respect and take care of Mother Earth. illustrations are absolutely beautiful and the text is easy to read. one of my son's favorite books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very touching, May 26, 2001
This review is from: Dear Children Of The Earth (Hardcover)
I guess I am over-sensitive but the first time I read this book I cried. Its like a letter that Mother Earth is writting to her children. Its a great book. I read it to the kids where I work and they enjoyed it, and they LOVED the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Artwork!, November 22, 2000
This review is from: Dear Children Of The Earth (Hardcover)
Wow! The illustrations in this book are amazing. All kinds of animals are pictured, from dolphins to elephants. Many of these paintings were of large cats such as tigers and were especially good. Each was vividly colored and interesting with settings such as the oceans or Africa. You don't have to be a child to enjoy this picture- book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching and breathtaking, June 1, 1999
This review is from: Dear Children Of The Earth (Hardcover)
I have to disagree with the reviewer from the horn book. This is a fantastic book for children and adults. It teaches one of the most important lessons there is, with stunningly beautiful illustrations. My 5 year old daughter and I spend lots of time looking at the pictures, trying to find all the animals and planets, and talking about what the author was trying to say with each picture. She loves it, and so do I.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book for All Ages, November 3, 2000
This review is from: Dear Children Of The Earth (Hardcover)
This book is one that people of all ages will cherish. In gentle language and dramatic illustrations artist Schim Shimmel reminds us that we are all children of the earth. This fragile planet and the living things upon it depend on us for their survival. It is a message we all need to hear.

5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable story that all can connect with in some way!, May 18, 1999
This review is from: Dear Children Of The Earth (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my children last year. It is one of our favorites. My six year old asked me to read it to his first grade class druing an Earth Day celebration. I have also shared it with my third grade class and they loved it. It is a book that has no time elements or age group attached to it. It's illustrations are stunning and its message is powerful. By far, it is a favorite within my home!

5.0 out of 5 stars glorious, May 26, 1999
This review is from: Dear Children Of The Earth (Hardcover)
this is an excellent, excellent book that every child should be brought up with. maybe that way, our children will still have the earth to live on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching and beautiful tribute to our home planet., November 4, 1997
This review is from: Dear Children Of The Earth (Hardcover)
"Dear Children of the Earth" was written by the artist that created the pictures that illustrate it. It is a terrific way of combining art with a children's story and highlighting the plight of our limited natural resources. When I saw this book I immediately fell in love with it, and then I read it and cried. Anytime an author can bring out such strong emotions in their reader their book is a success, but to bring them out in a children's story is even more commendable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dear Children Of The Earth
Dear Children Of The Earth by Schim Schimmel (Hardcover - May 1, 1994)
Used & New from: $0.01