Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dear Children Of The Earth
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on October 10, 2002
Hi! My name is Jacqueline. For all you people out there who like touching stories and animals, boy do I have the right book series for you. Well, there is this really cool author named Schim Schimmel. Here is one of his books, Dear Children of the Earth: A Letter from Home. It is about how Mother Earth and the animals that live there need you. Here are two of his sentences in the book, "My children, when my people do a little thing to me, it becomes a big thing. So it is very important for each person to stop doing things that hurt me, or hurt their sister and brother animals." The book is a very touching and heartwarming story. It made me feel like the animals were my friends. It is very easy to read. I would recommend it to five year olds and up. I only read two books. I hope you read all of them. I can't tell you any more but you can find out!
on October 17, 1999
Every year I read this book to my students, then I pass it to the other teachers who also read the book to their students. Students and teachers find it fastinating and moving. It leads to a great discussion of what we can do to save the earth. It is great for the start of a Earth Day or Conservation Unit!
on May 18, 2002
bought this for my son. a great way to teach kids to respect and take care of Mother Earth. illustrations are absolutely beautiful and the text is easy to read. one of my son's favorite books.
on May 26, 2001
I guess I am over-sensitive but the first time I read this book I cried. Its like a letter that Mother Earth is writting to her children. Its a great book. I read it to the kids where I work and they enjoyed it, and they LOVED the pictures.
on November 22, 2000
Wow! The illustrations in this book are amazing. All kinds of animals are pictured, from dolphins to elephants. Many of these paintings were of large cats such as tigers and were especially good. Each was vividly colored and interesting with settings such as the oceans or Africa. You don't have to be a child to enjoy this picture- book!
on June 1, 1999
I have to disagree with the reviewer from the horn book. This is a fantastic book for children and adults. It teaches one of the most important lessons there is, with stunningly beautiful illustrations. My 5 year old daughter and I spend lots of time looking at the pictures, trying to find all the animals and planets, and talking about what the author was trying to say with each picture. She loves it, and so do I.
on November 3, 2000
This book is one that people of all ages will cherish. In gentle language and dramatic illustrations artist Schim Shimmel reminds us that we are all children of the earth. This fragile planet and the living things upon it depend on us for their survival. It is a message we all need to hear.
on May 18, 1999
I bought this book for my children last year. It is one of our favorites. My six year old asked me to read it to his first grade class druing an Earth Day celebration. I have also shared it with my third grade class and they loved it. It is a book that has no time elements or age group attached to it. It's illustrations are stunning and its message is powerful. By far, it is a favorite within my home!
on May 26, 1999
this is an excellent, excellent book that every child should be brought up with. maybe that way, our children will still have the earth to live on.
on November 4, 1997
"Dear Children of the Earth" was written by the artist that created the pictures that illustrate it. It is a terrific way of combining art with a children's story and highlighting the plight of our limited natural resources. When I saw this book I immediately fell in love with it, and then I read it and cried. Anytime an author can bring out such strong emotions in their reader their book is a success, but to bring them out in a children's story is even more commendable.