Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 31, 2012
If you haven't read dooce dot com you are surely living under a rock. Heather is the funniest writer I have ever read. She has a talent of taking the most mundane moments of motherhood and making you laugh till you pee your pants. Each month from 8 weeks old to 5 years she writes a letter to her daughter marking major milestones from walking, first words, throwing food across the room, a parents weekend away. Her letters have a way of helping you laugh through the pain (in my case as my 6 month old twins are still not sleeping through the nights). Each moment is made to be treasured whether it be a sweet happy moment or the frustrating yet loveable moments in the middle of the night.
on May 3, 2012
I bought this book for a friend who is marrying a man with two children, one of whom is an eight year old daughter. The letters are an intimate look into the growing miracle that is the love between a parent and a child. Heather Armstrong could have penned these letters and put them in a box for her daughter. One day when the time was right she could have handed them to Leta as a gift, but I am glad she didn't. I am so happy she shared them because this book ends up being what so many of us wanted to say but didn't.
on April 13, 2014
Enjoyed this book thoroughly. Took me back through the stages of raising my babies. I would recommend for anyone looking to travel back through the joys, challenges, love of motherhood.
on May 18, 2012
What a sweet book!When I have a child, i would definitely want to write a letter per day explaining hw my day was with him/her; besides a blog of course :)
on May 4, 2012
The only good that came from buying this was finding out that Kindle allows returns within 7 days. All of the content is available on her website for free in the archives. Oh, and in the book description above, "disarmingly honest" should be changed to "uncomfortably sarcastic."
on April 21, 2012
This is a love-filled, honest memoir of Leta's first years. Even if you have never read dooce.com or if you are a faithful follower, this will be great read. I flew through the months with a huge smile on my face. Through the tough beginning years of motherhood, This is as much Heather's coming of age story as it is a priceless chronicle of Leta's early years. Well worth reading.
on April 21, 2012
Looove this book. Chapters are short and simply...SWEET. Who knows simple daily lives can be such great adventures? I am a mom of an 8 years old and totally enjoying it. This will be a great baby shower gift; which I plan to stock up.
on May 2, 2012
This book is an absolute bore. It seems forced and not genuine. This woman is clearly just self promoting. it's all me me me I I I. Not cute at all. I feel ripped off but I guess that's my fault for buying it