5.0 out of 5 stars "a must have for any graduate"
Published on March 29, 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars a little too cheesy
Published on August 30, 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars "a must have for any graduate", March 29, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Dear Graduate (Hardcover)
I would like to give this book a 5 star rating based on the response of the people I have given it to in the past years. I love to gift this book as it has excellent quotations for the new graduate, great advice and it has beautiful illustrations. Last year my godson wrote me a special thank you regarding this book and said, "he would treasure this book always" and went on to say that it was "his most prized and cherished" gift. And, he's not the type of kid to get sentimental. Once again, I'm placing an order for 6 more of this book and know it will touch the hearts of many new graduates once again this year. I hope all who order this book will enjoy it as much as I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wisdom for the Graduate, June 13, 2008
Chuck Swindoll is a wise and insightful sharer of the truth of God's Word. He speaks particularly to the graduate about such principles as morality, commitment, courage and contentment as well as many other life issues. It is a great read, and a wonderful keepsake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, February 21, 2001
By A Customer
This book is an awesome book with lots of wisdom in it! All of the letters are encouraging and I recommend this book for anyone that is graduating. The best thing to do is read it one letter at a time and think about what Chuck Swindoll is saying in them. This book was a real blessing to me as I read it after I graduated from high school and got out into the real world. I pray that it is a blessing to anyone who reads it. God Bless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, June 20, 2014
I found this book so delightful that I buy it for all my graduates to read and be inspired. I had one of the original copies of the book and so delighted that I could still find it at Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best grad gift ever, August 17, 2013
This book covers it all. I give it to every graduate along with a personalized letter regarding life and salvation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Graduation Gift, June 15, 2013
I gave this as a gift to a young man graduating from high school. He was very happy to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!!, May 19, 2013
This book truly captures the elements of what may be expected upon graduating a higher institution of learning. It's an easy read-as most graduates don't feel like reading too much after it's all over!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars a little too cheesy, August 30, 2002
By A Customer
Not only is the writing in Dear Graduate trite and overly idiomatic, the message the book portrays is narrow-minded and often confusing. As an example, the opening of the letter on Godliness reads: "If you are a 'Sunday Christian,' you will not be alone when outnumbered. Apart from a personal and vital faith in Jesus Christ, it is impossible to wage a winning effort against the system called 'the world.'" Swindoll urges his graduates to rub shoulders with people to gain a panoramic view of the world (although friends "must be screened"), stay away from the magazine rack, and to guard our leisure time (from what?). This book is a sweet gift idea and is very visually pleasing, but unless you thrive on lists of cliches and obvious metaphors, it doesn't have much real-world relevance.

Dear Graduate: Letters of Wisdom
Dear Graduate: Letters of Wisdom by Charles R. Swindoll (Hardcover - April 1, 2008)
Used & New from: $0.85