When memories of the past come echoing into the present, tears fill the eyes. Remorse, regret, longing and nostalgia fill the heart. Old forgotten scents fill the nostrils. Sounds long silent become audible again.

Published on May 10, 2012 by Jaime Andrews

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected a bit more
This is actually a rather small in size book. Some of the pictures take up two pages, and - quite truthfully - just aren't that interesting. I did find some of the matching of some of the pictures from the old to the new very good. I wish the book had concentrated more on this instead of the stories behind the pictures. The "author" stated she had received thousands...
Published on November 8, 2012 by Maryll

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories echo in the present... and we weep for those we love, and those we've never met, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Dear Photograph (Hardcover)

Each picture from the past, when held up to the very spot in which it was taken -- in the light of today -- gains a new luminance. And the viewers of this book are allowed to share these moments of the past juxtaposed with the present... and the private becomes shared and universal. The photograph of a stranger's long-dead father becomes strangely moving when superimposed on the same old sofa he used to sit in. And we never knew the man.

Highly recommended for anyone who wishes to be taken on a journey of nostalgia and unexpected discovery. And don't be surprised if you find yourself weeping over a picture of a lost parent, lover, friend, or brother of someone you've never met.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Idea Goes Viral, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Dear Photograph (Hardcover)
This book shows the power of the internet. The author took a picture, posted it on a blog and Reddit. It soon went viral.

Then he made this cute coffee table book. Mostly pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book!, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Dear Photograph (Hardcover)
Dear Photograph is a photography based book created by Canadian, Taylor Jones. This book is a beautiful piece and I'm happy to have found a convenient and permanent home for it on my coffee table. I'm thrilled when guests are over and pick it up because I know that they too will find the book emotionally touching and well put together.

The captions under each of the submitted photographs completes the story told through the images. One thing that particularly caught my eye was the date stamp in the lower corner of an image of the twin towers and New York City sight line. It was taken September 10, 2001... The day before 9/11.

Dear Photograph has many other amazing submissions in it too and I found myself laughing crying and still thinking about its impact on me even after I finally put it down. I highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars A unique approach to life that's rich with personality, May 16, 2012
This review is from: Dear Photograph (Hardcover)
I've been following Dear Photograph for a very long time now and I was overjoyed to hear that Taylor Jones was publishing a book from his extremely popular website. To add icing on the cake I submitted a photograph to his website months ago and needless to say I was speechless to learn that it was selected to be in the book! I'm extremely honored and humbled to have my photo and story shared amongst so many other meaningful photos that speak way more than 1000 words for anyone who takes a moment to gaze and wonder at these pages. I have already spent hours taking in every single page and every single one had a stronger impact than the last. A beautiful book, a great conversation piece, and a phenomenal inspiration for everyone to hold on to their cherished memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, September 20, 2014
This review is from: Dear Photograph (Hardcover)
Submitted my own picture back in nov. of 2012 and I would love to know if it made it in the book but I guess I will just have to buy the book for myself to find out. Beautiful meaning, I wish more people created things like Taylor did. Would definitely recommend this to people of all ages, it's very heartwarming and every picture has its own special meaning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, August 30, 2013
Pamela W. Wheary (Norfolk, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dear Photograph (Hardcover)
This wonderful book takes you back to an earlier time. The photographer was very clever in how he placed a current picture in the exact location of an old photograph. The thoughts that were expressed along with the photographs were poignant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!!, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Dear Photograph (Hardcover)
so beautiful work i love this book i give a copy to my girlfriend and she is really happy with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, February 25, 2013
This review is from: Dear Photograph (Hardcover)
The idea of the book itself is truly stunning. First I heard about the website, visited it and... Well, I cried for the whole evening because of those wonderful touching and really amazing stories there were there.
After that I decided to purchashe the book as a gift to my beloved one for our anniversary.

Some will say that you don't need a book if there is Internet, but this way, printed on paper (of a very well quality I should say) you can always keep it in a place that is closer to your heart than your laptop: on your bookshelf.
And now I'm glad because even if the web-site disappears some day I shall be able to keep those stories, pictures and memories of people that I shall never meet but do understand.

A must for anyone. Well, really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Dear Photograph (Hardcover)
What a fantastic concept the creator and author of this book had...loved all the photographs and especially the stories that accompanied them.

5.0 out of 5 stars You need to see this, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Dear Photograph (Hardcover)
This book is magic for me. I hope to do some of the same with old photos of my family, and relish those times that will live forever ... in memory, and in dear photographs.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Dear Photograph
Dear Photograph by Taylor Jones (Hardcover - May 8, 2012)
$25.99 $18.25