4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good depiction of the role of the Federation in Tera
I really am enjoying these short stories, and I find myself grabbing for more of the life in Arun and Shara. I play the mmo and wish that there were many more of these types of books to expand on the background.This story, unlike the others, showed an investigatory perspecTive rather than emotional/protection story. Once again, another enlightening story of Tera.
Published 18 months ago by Irena

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible writing
Since I've recently started playing Tera, I was hoping to have some more insight on the background lore, immerse myself a little further in the game world. I figured that a 1$ short story would be just the ticket.

Published on May 25, 2012 by ultrastoat

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good depiction of the role of the Federation in Tera, June 5, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars TERA Death at Forgeheart Review, May 31, 2012
This review is from: Death at Forgeheart - A TERA Short Story (Kindle Edition)
As I play and enjoy TERA I'm always looking out for the short stories and will buy them every chance I get. I liked this story because it plays out more in the line of customs and lore. Unlike the other stories, you cannot simply switch the characters out with other names and have the same impact. I liked the unfolding plot that looked through each character's mind.
The pros are that it focuses mainly on the game itself and the lore surrounding it that is based heavily off what the world of TERA truly is. It has a smooth atmosphere and transitions somewhat cleanly from one scene to the next, and quite a bit happens even though there is only one setting. The characters do not change and instead play the roles they need to very well and are defined, instead of magically changing at a small event that leads to nowhere.
The down-side is that often words are repeatedly and little quirks, (such as starting a sentence with But~), show up fairly often. Also, the ending was a bit anti-climactic and stumbled when I was hoping for a bit more. The last thing that bothered me was that certain words, such as Amani, Baraka and the rest of the important races were not capitalized. This may seem minor but they are vital to the world that is being portrayed.
A good story overall, and worth the money, it could be more. With a small bit of work and elbow grease, this story could be straightened out with almost no quips since it tells a STORY, a good one, and is well played with only small frays around the edges instead of any major problems.
The only way this could have been better story-wise is if EME released more lore and history that could have been written, but the author did a great job with the little information the average person can look up. I give it a 4/5, well worth a buck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable. Well worth a buck!, May 28, 2012
This review is from: Death at Forgeheart - A TERA Short Story (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't disagree more with what I read in the previous review of this short story. I rather enjoyed this tale of two private investigators, polar opposites with respect to both perspective and temperament, yet similar in their dogged pursuit of justice. More cerebral than previously released Tera short stories, it's unfolding moves at a pace that keeps the narrative interesting, while painting a rather lucid picture of the underlying tensions that plague the myriad races living upon the world of Arborea.

If you're looking for a quick, enjoyable and insightful sojourn into the realm of Tera...look no futher. Death at Forgeheart is well worth the paltry price of admission ;)

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible writing, May 25, 2012
This review is from: Death at Forgeheart - A TERA Short Story (Kindle Edition)

Boy was I wrong. The writing in this story is, frankly, atrocious. There's word repetition often in the same sentence, sometimes a sentence will end with a certain word "amani, for example" and the next sentence will start with that EXACT same one. Explanations are poorly written and vague, the characters never really develop (and the backgrounds that are hinted at would take far more than 36 pages to explore fully), and dialogue is awkward.

The story is very basic, a simple murder mystery and a mutilated, unidentifiable corpse. The author was clearly attempting a short "buddy cop" story with two agents who clearly don't like each other, but the whole story comes off as wooden and the characters, uninteresting. Towards the end, there's some kind of turf war on the brink of happening, but even that had very little interest.

Death at Forgeheart - A TERA Short Story