5.0 out of 5 stars Johnathon aint Jack, May 29, 2003
Ron (arkansas) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed all the books in this series, even if it didnt last long enough! In between waiting for a new Jack Fleming Novel from Miss Elrod, I picked this up, and like everything she writes its wonderful. Now its very different character wise..........mostly I suppose because of the settings being so vastly apart, But Johnathon's world is just as excited it seems!
I was very moved by how he explains his "condition" to his sister....and how his man-servant comes to grips with the newness of being a servant to a vamp! Over all this is a very Classy book,and a super great series, but then again, maybe Im just biased!
I only regret not seeing more of these storys while I wait for a new vampire files book!
Miss Pat, dont listen to these boneheads who dont like your work, the majority of the people like your work, give us MORE, more, more, and let the rest of the idiots stick with Bram stokers Dracula, and stay in thier little rut, who needs em!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good - I read the series twice, March 7, 1999
By A Customer
The Jonathan Barrett series was wonderful. I regret only that the books were all given such morbid names (each including the word 'death'), because they give an unattractive image to a series that is far more cheerful and amusing than you ought to expect from vampire novels. The series didn't harp on the same old themes of the vampire's lonliness at his separation from humanity and guilt at needing to take human life, because Jonathan Barrett was not separated, nor did he take human life. I read the first book and enjoyed it before I realized that it was called "Death and the Maiden". If I had known that, I might not have picked it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my favorite vampires, March 7, 2013
janet johnson (ELK GROVE, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Death and the Maiden: Being the Second Book in the Adventures of Jonathan Barrett, Gentleman Vampire (Paperback)
I love the story line, it makes my imagination run wild. I would think anyone who loves good reading and who has somewhat of a crazy imagination about the supernatural will get a lot out of this book series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!! Revolutionist vampires at their Best!!!, March 29, 1999
ReindeerEmu (Oswego, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Wow I just read this again and all I can say is wow. This is one of the better books in this series. This whole series puts a new twist into vampire story telling. I loved how Jonathan had to deal with his treacherous and back stabbing family. He's a vampire and they're killers out for money. Talk about dysfunctional families. Unfortunately the author seems to have stopped writing this series and so I urge Elrod please keep this storyline going!!

$17.95 $15.99