5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too
In the third book of the ESCAPE FROM FURNACE series, Alex Sawyer must confront the worst enemy of all - himself.

The Warden of Furnace should be furious with Alex. Alex has tricked him, defied him, and tried to escape - twice! However, the Warden views Alex with something worse than rage: he sees him as a good candidate.

Suffering from injuries and...
Published on August 5, 2011 by TeensReadToo

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Less Awesome Than the Previous Books, But Still Full of Action
Although Death Sentence has all of the action and grossness of the prior installments, I definitely was not as engrossed (see what I did there?) as I was before. I found myself getting a bit bored in some parts.

The beginning was rough. I mean, he's undergoing the change and mostly just having nightmares. Then he wakes up and the Warden says things. He fights...
Published on February 27, 2012 by Christina (A Reader of Fictions)

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Present, April 3, 2013
I bought this book as a end-of-the-year gift for my middle school library aide. He loved it and was very excited to start reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Obedience is the difference between life, death, and the other varieties of existence on offer here in Furnace." ~A.G. Smith, April 16, 2012
CRISTY "Mommy of twins" (Bluffton, SC, United States) - See all my reviews
DEATH SENTENCE: Escape From Furnace #3, wherein Alex Sawyer learns the horrors of the Warden's "experiments" first hand and must face down pure evil in the last place he'd expect...within himself.

This third installment returns to the quality of story enjoyed in the first book, LOCKDOWN that I had felt was somewhat lacking in the sequel. In fact the added heavy hitting action infused into the strong original storyline, including answers...yes, answers; pushed DEATH SENTENCE slightly ahead of the pack in my book (pardon the pun). Dare I say Escape From Furnace #3 is the standout read of the series thus far and well worth the wait... I dare. Brilliant work Smith, keep up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma loves 6th grader's books, July 17, 2012
My 11 year old grandson insisted I read at least 35 (magic #,I guess) pages of the Furnace series. After reading these pages just to "get him off my back",
I was hooked. Even though I am 71 years young, I loved this series, and could hardly put them down. I highly recommend this entire series for
any age!! Don't lose your imagination....keep an open mind....stay young!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
Donna Sarmanian (Madison, AL United States) - See all my reviews
13 year old son loves this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!!!, July 1, 2014
This book is super exciting and constantly making you read more! I don't usually get into books but this series has me hooked!

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing, March 27, 2014
Action packed with adventure, this thriller had you on the edge of your seat. This book is a great read for adventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Death Sentencep, March 20, 2014
This was an amazing book. You have to read this book as long as you don't mind Gore. Must read book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tense, February 12, 2014
Death sentence kept me on the edge of my seat! I could not stop reading it! I do wish the books were bigger and had more story to them though. Other than that people who like Science Fiction books will absolutely mal maul through these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars hey, February 4, 2014
Good book I loved it can't wait to read the next book in the series blah blah I need the words

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOK EVER, January 27, 2014
THIS BOOK MUST BE READ IN FACT THE WHOLE SERIES MUST BE READ THIS IS THE BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Death Sentence: Escape from Furnace 3
Death Sentence: Escape from Furnace 3 by Alexander Gordon Smith (Hardcover - August 2, 2011)
$16.99 $12.87