Death Race (Unrated) [Blu-ray]
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Stills from Death Race (Click for larger image)
| || || |
Top Customer Reviews
The back cover of DVD tells that there is additional 6 min in Unrated version, but there is no any list of what exactly was added.
Here is the list of these additions made by comparing of two versions. Feel free to correct it.
Only significant changes:
1. Scene at the steel mill where the cops come features Jensen egging them on as they attack his fellow coworkers.
2. Cafeteria scene shows the spit actually hitting Jensen's food. Small scene afterward of Ulrich leading Jensen to the Warden's office, telling him that the Warden punishes prisoners "who mess with her drivers."
3. The fate of Jensen's cell mates. (You don't actually see anything happen, just sound effects)
4. Small 15 second scene of Case giving details on how the buttons work during the race: "All four wheels must hit the button at the same time."
5. The machine guns stop working on the front of the Mustang and Case hangs out the window, hitting them with a wrench as the other cars shoot at her. (Probably the longest scene removed from the theatrical release)
6. A few cuts of Grimm's car interior logrolling before it gets launched into the air.
7. Quick cuts of the napalm flames engulfing Travis Colt before his car blows.
8. When Jensen initially attacks Pachenko, he admits that Hennessey and Ulrich did it, and we see a sort of flashback to him and Ulrich sitting in a car watching Jensen step out of the bus.
9. Case make small talk and asks Jensen what his real name is as the two modified Death Race cars speed across the Terminal Prison bridge.
Nothing really significantly different. A little more extended, but not by much, and nothing really improved upon as far as being more-violent and showing more gore than the theatrical release.
Death race will likely give you a headache with it's shaky camera movements and some of the dialogue could have used some work, but I had a great time. If your of the male gender, the cars, guns, explosions and babes will keep you entertained.
3 and 1/2 out of 5 stars
1. By 2012 the US Economy is completely ruined (guess it doesn't matter who you vote for)
2. Prisons are packed thanks to spiraling unemployment and crime
3. Private corporations run the prisons for profit (Serious business, as there's no money left for a bail-out)
4. Terminal Island Prison runs pay-per-view death races as a fund raiser, using inmates to drive cars tricked out with weapons and armor plating
5. There are no rules except if Warden Hennessey (Joan Allen) says there are
6. Jensen Ames (Jason Statham) is framed for the death of his wife
7. Hennessey makes him an offer he can't refuse
8. He becomes a man in an iron mask, with a killer car (literally), a female navigator (to boost PPV ratings) and a pit crew led by scene stealing Ian McShane.
9. Lots of stunt driving, shooting of big guns and explosions follow, although you really can't tell who's shooting at whom for most of it
10. People die
Typical shoot `em up action movie involving high speed racing in armored cars and lots of bad guys, but with plot holes bigger than those left by the armor-piercing RPG Model 7's.
Statham plays his usual tough guy "Transporter" role, and Tyrese Gibson does everything but sing the Coca Cola jingle as arch rival Machine Gun Joe. They throw in a little inspirational family story to soften it up a little, and a teensy tiny little budding romance with dialogue like:
Jensen Ames: [while driving] Get on my lap.
Jensen Ames: Get on my lap!
Recommended for Statham fans and action movie buffs, but I can't see this one going down as a classic for all time.
Jensen Ames: [to Hennessey] You wanted a monster? Well, you've got one.
Rated: 3.5 stars
Amanda Richards, September 22, 2008
If you like good nonstop action and good actors wrapped around it climb in start your engine and hang on!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this movie for my husband because we caught it on TV about half way though the picture.He really wanted to see the whole movie. Read morePublished 4 days ago by corena
One of my favorite action movies! Doesn't get any better than this. Brutal with non stop action!! Will keep you on the edge of your seat.Published 24 days ago by Amazon Customer
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Again: why this title dont have portuguese subtitles||
Probably the sales is not that significant in Brazil.
Nov 25, 2009 by Carlos Tavares | See all 2 posts
|Does Jason Clarke have a big role in the movie?||
I just caught this on FX today and if Jason Clarke is your primary reason for watching, you'll be disappointed. He's around a fair amount, but mostly relegated to standing there looking menacing with little to no dialogue. Bit of a letdown since he's such a great actor.
Mar 24, 2011 by TVBrittanyF | See all 3 posts
|target deal!||Be the first to reply|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Science Fiction & Fantasy