| Deathsmiles is a side-scrolling shoot 'em up game for Xbox 360 full angels and demonic bosses. The first shooter developed by noted game developer Cave to be released for a game console in the US, Deathsmiles allows players to play as one of four female angels, using character specific powers to battle gothic and occult inspired enemies. Additional features include varying levels of difficulty, leaderboards and an online co-op mode. This limited edition includes an exclusive faceplate, CD soundtrack and boxart. Story |
Enter the world of Gilverado, a kingdom plagued by hideous monsters and tortured souls. Choose from four angels with unique demonic familiars and battle against a storm of enemies pouring out of Hell’s gates. Fight your way out of tight spots as you are surrounded by enemy units and bullets from both sides of the screen. The unique left/right shooting mechanic of Deathsmiles will keep you on your toes as you dodge and weave through complex enemy fire, beautifully crafted by the game development team at Cave. Gameplay
Deathsmiles is a side-scrolling shoot 'em up game. The four playable warrior angel characters possess "life points," instead of lives, which sustain them throughout the game and can be replenished. The game features a variety of play modes, including Power-up mode, which will unleash great streams of golden crowns, white tiaras, and grey skulls as you cut through enemies with your little Angel’s mighty magic shot. Try not to get distracted by the bling as you collect these gorgeous trinkets en masse and pump your high score to the limit. Additional engrossing functionality includes a co-op game mode and leaderboard available to players over Xbox LIVE. Deathsmiles Limited Edition for Xbox 360 Includes:
Key Game Features
- Deathsmiles for Xbox 360.
- Deathsmiles faceplate for the Xbox 360 console, featuring four cute angels trapped in a creepy gothic cage.
- Deathsmiles Premium Arrange Album soundtrack CD featuring 15 spooky high energy tracks selected by Manabu Namiki, director of Deathsmiles.
- Deathsmiles horizontal artbox and game to compliment the side-scrolling shoot 'em up orientation of the game.
- Five Characters to Explore Gilverado - Choose Windia, the foppish English girl; Casper, the sassy German; Follett, the cautious French girl; or Rosa, the California valley girl or Sakura the faithful witch of the swamp wastes. Travel down the roads of Gilverado and discover hidden conversations between the angels.
- Mega Black Label - Test your supernatural powers against the onslaught of the Ice Palace and its forgotten protector. Put your skills to the test with a new scoring system that demands more, but pumps out even more explosions of shiny tokens.
- Choose Your Path and Difficulty - You can choose your own route through the game’s stages and set the difficulty for each, from a level of 1 to 3. These difficulty levels allow you to customize the bullet count and boss toughness. Watch out if you choose level 3 five times, though.
- Save and Play Back Replays - Save replays of your own games to watch later for your own enjoyment. Players can also download the top 20 scoring runs on the leaderboards.
- Online Co-op - Two-player cooperative play is also available via Xbox LIVE.
- Leaderboards - Check out your score on the online leaderboard, with rankings for each character and game mode.