Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

75%
25%

on October 14, 1998
Mary Hunt, editor and publisher of The Cheapskate Monthly newsletter, has taken up the challenge of helping her readers find ways to celebrate the holidays without facing the New Year strapped with unnecessary consumer-related debt. Hunt takes her readers through a step-by-step plan for a debt-free holiday season. By examining personal values and attitudes, she enables us to identify what we really want from the holidays. In her own words, she wants to help us celebrate "Christmas by choice, not by chance." Included are numerous practical ideas for saving money at the holidays on everything from food to gifts to family fun to decorations. Whether you're just looking for further frugal ideas for the upcoming holiday season, or you're truly dreading another after-holidays debt hang-over, "Debt-Proof Your Holidays" will be beneficial to read. So put away your credit card and prepare to have the happiest holiday ever!
on October 8, 1997
A delightful and practical resource. After reading this little gem straight through in one evening I am so motivated and inspired to change the way I've always "done" Christmas in the past--with a stack of credit cards. This book is packed with hundreds of reasonable and do-able alternatives to creating holiday debt. What a gift!
on March 8, 2004
I love Mary Hunt's Debt Proof Your Marriage. So I thought this would be great too. However, I already know how to make crafty things and create gift baskets. I know how to shop day-after sales. My Christmas ornaments have been slowly collected. Many issues she deals with seem to be those who regularly go out and buy total house decorations every year--I don't. I expected better suggestions than shop all year, make homemade gifts, etc. I did really enjoy the chapter where she suggests funding sources for your Christmas fund. She had great ideas I never dreamed of--that made the book worth it to me. It's a good book that was useful but just disappointing in some areas.
on July 24, 2002
Get this book!!! I've already started rereading this book in preparation for the upcoming holidays. Since money's going to be tight this year, I've already gotten ideas from this book and started getting things ready. If you ever thought Christmas was too commercialized and want to downsize, read this book!!! It's done wonders for my attitude - and my budget, for that matter.