5.0 out of 5 stars DON'T LET THIS ONE GET BY YOU...TRUST ME!
Published on February 8, 2012 by D. Blankenship

3.0 out of 5 stars Cookbook
No pictures made this harder to navigate. I like to see finished products. It does have some nice recipes though.
Published 24 months ago by Mamccormick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars DON'T LET THIS ONE GET BY YOU...TRUST ME!, February 8, 2012
This review is from: Decadent Coffee Cakes: Top 20 Coffee Cake Recipes (Kindle Edition)
One of the best things I like about my Kindle is the easy access I have to these little cookbooks that are being offered up; many for only .99 cents and other free. At this time this is one of those free ones. Now these books; books with a limited number of recipes cover many areas. Some of these are good, some are not so good and a few...a very few are wretched. On the other hand, a few...a very few, are absolutely great and extremely useful. The book being reviewed here, "Decadent Coffee Cakes" most certainly lands in the later category. Good grief, there is not a bad bite in this one.

The author has presented us with twenty different categories of coffee cakes which are actually quite far ranging. These recipes have a few things in common. First, they are all quite easy to make and while they require some small skill in the kitchen, the author has provided extremely explicit and detailed instructions so that even a `beginning' cook or would be baker can and will get rather stunning results. Second, the ingredients called for in each and every one of these offerings consist of stuff you probably have in your kitchen at this moment if you do any cooking or baking at all. Before I go on though, let me give you a list (with a couple of side notes) of just what this little e-book has to offer:

Apple Coffee Cake. (I have made this one and can vouch for it personally).

Cinnamon Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cake.

Super Moist (Sour Cream) Coffee Cake.

Peanut Butter Streusel Strawberry Coffee Cake. (This one does require a mix as one of the ingredients).

Fancy Braided Date Coffee Cake (My next project).

Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake. (This one does require a mix as one of the ingredients).

Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake.

Melt in Your Mouth Pecan Coffee Cake.

Swirling Cinnamon Bunt Coffee Cake.

Upside-Down Cranberry Coffee Cake. (Have made this one and can vouch for it)

Overnight Coffee Cake.

Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake.

Chocolaty Chip Coffee Cake.

World's Best Apple Coffee Cake. (Requires a mix as one of the ingredients).

Rhubarb and Almond Coffee Cake.

Up North Blueberry Coffee Cake.

Apricot Almond Coffee Cake.

Goodness Gracious, Ginger-Pear Coffee Cake. (This is the one cake in the line-up here that will require some work and take just a bit of skill to pull off).

Walnut Pear Coffee Cake.

Raisin Buttermilk Coffee Cake.

Now there are a couple of things to note here. First, all of these recipes require a goodly amount of sugar...hey, that is the nature of cakes! I am a diabetic and I most certainly DO NOT recommend these wonderful cakes for those of us who have this condition. I myself do not eat great amounts of these goodies...I to taste them though. I am one of those folks who strongly feel I should not place my dietary requirements on others...I cook for their enjoyment. I note that the "Food Police" want to ban and place heavy taxes on sugar and all products made from it. (Shakes head).

When I note that a "mix" is required I am referring to things like Yellow Cake Mixes and such. I know that a lot of people like to cook completely from scratch but you not these recipes call for few. I personally have no problem with using a mix as part of the cake...as long as it is simply a part.

Anyway folks, if you like good eats of this nature then down-load a copy of this one. I promise you that you will not be sorry! Before summer hits I plan to try each and everyone of these things...just to see if I can pull it off. I have been doing all of our cooking now for sometime and baking is not one of my strong areas...I appreciate a book like this.

Don Blankenship
The Ozarks

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter In Law Needs This Book, February 5, 2012
When I get a recipe book, I try them all out (sad I know). I bake for our local community cooking school so I always need new ideas and recipes.

I have tried nine (9) of these recipes so far and they work, they work well. The author obviously knows about baking.

Cleary laid out, easy to understand and follow. I Will be giving this one to my daughter in law, because even she would be able to produce a great looking and tasting coffee cake from these recipes. Nice job.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Wonderful Coffee Cake Cookbook, February 5, 2012
While I don't drink much coffee, I do love coffee cakes so I was happy to find this cookbook with so many interesting coffee cake recipes. I have made the Apple Coffee Cake and it is delicious. I will certainly be trying more of these recipes as time goes on. While coffee cakes take a bit longer to bake than other cakes, they are well worth the wait. Do yourself a favor and get a copy of this great little cookbook today!

Marg Ruttan
International Best Selling Cookbook Author

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy recipes, February 4, 2012
As an addict of both coffee and cake I love these recipes! There were things in here that I hadn't heard of and can't wait to try. I found the instructions very clear and easy to follow and none of the recipes is too complicated which is a real bonus as I actually like to spend as much time eating the cake as making it.
I do a lot of entertaining and I can see all of these recipes being used on my friends.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for coffee drinkers..., February 5, 2012
If you are a coffee addict like I am, then this book is just right for you. No matter what type of coffee you drink this book provides a great coffee cake pairing. I wish I had access to these recipes sooner because we just had friends over yesterday and the swirling cinnamon bunt coffee cake would have worked perfectly with the cinnamon viennese coffee we were drinking. Great job Lucinda!

5.0 out of 5 stars Calling all cake lovers !, February 7, 2012
Yum...Yum ! This book is packed with 20 mouthwatering Coffee Cake recipes.
The instructions are very well laid out with clickable table of contents.

The collection is top notch and there is a lot to choose from.
I prefer the ones that have super food ingredients such as blueberries,
cranberries, almonds, pecans etc of which there are several in this book.

If you love coffee cakes, grab this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cookbook, December 31, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouth Watering Coffe Cakes!, February 7, 2012
Sandy Bose (Chicago, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
I love coffe cake and when I saw this book I just had to pick it up. First it's clearly laid out and there's a nice clickable table of contents. Each recipe includes Prep time which I like a lot. These cakes look delicious and pretty easy to make. Cinnamon Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cake (omg!), Chocolaty Chip Coffee Cake and Apricot Almond Coffee Cake were just 3 of the cakes that looked so yummy. But honestly all of them look wonderful!

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee cakes, December 10, 2012
For a free book, this was good, but how many ways can you do coffee cake? Good for anyone starting out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to bake recipes that turn out great!, March 5, 2012
I made a variation on the Up North Blueberry coffee cake and it turned out great. Very clear instructions and recipes that are easy to try without having to go out and find all sorts of obscure ingredients. Glad I got this cookbook!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›