Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on November 30, 2011
I wasn't sure what to expect before I received this item. I'm not big on electronic gadgets and this is the first device that I have owned that might benefit from something such as this skin. And I was rather tired of looking at the same boring grey color of my Kindle and wanted to spice it up a bit. So I took a chance and ordered and I am glad that I did.

The skin looks exactly like what is pictured and has very nice detail and color. The finish I recieved was matte not glossy, which was a nice surprise and is great for avoiding fingerprints and smudges. It also seems to add a bit of extra grip to the Kindle, whether this is real or imagined on my part, I'm not completely sure. Whenever I have my Kindle "naked" I feel like I might drop it and with this skin I have peace of mind that that is very likely not going to happen. I purchased this skin to use with the Antique Red Verso Kindle Cover (currently not available for the Kindle) and they compliment each other rather well. Double protection. A major plus in my book.

Application is super easy and leaves room for human error. Mainly, if it isn't straight the first time and needs to be moved around it is easily peeled off and ready to have another go at trying again. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I had to peel and restick a couple of times to get it the way I wanted it. The skin came in five pieces which also helped with application as I was able to apply it in sections. One for the entire front with cut-outs for the buttons and the screen (of course), one small piece for the center of the 5-way controller (pretty neat detail that very well could have been overlooked but thankfully wasn't), one for a large portion of the back and two small strips (one each for the top and the bottom on the back of the kindle). While I can't state enough how easy it was to remove and reapply, I have had no problems with the skin coming off or the edges peeling up on their own. It is also super easy to remove any air bubbles that would otherwise be a problem.

Now to address the biggest issue that people are bound to have a problem with. Price. Please remember that everyone has a different opinion on price versus value. I have heard it more times than I can count since the new Kindle 4 made it's debut. Yes the Kindle has an incredible price tag while many of the accessories seem to be a bit steep in that area. I don't have a problem paying the asking price of 20 US dollars for this skin. I knew the price going in and took a chance on a product that I hadn't heard much about. And in my opinion I was lucky and got more than what I had hoped for.

I would recommend these skins to anyone who doesn't mind spending the money to liven up their Kindle and add a little extra protection at the same time.
on December 28, 2011
This is a nice skin with a great library design. I affords protection against scratches to the case but not the screen. It will not protect the kindle from other types of damage such as dropping the device, sitting on it, stepping on it etc. If that is what you are looking for look elsewhere. In my early experience with it I think my grip of the device is a little more secure and it maintains the slim, light weight nature that is why I purchased the kindle 4.

My only warning is to be careful applying the skin. The back side is relatively error free. The front is a little trickier to align the skin along the 2 column on either side of the screen. While you can simply lift it off and reapply it, you have to be careful not to stretch out the skin which will have an effect on how smoothly it can lay down on the device.
on December 7, 2011
This is beautiful skin!!! Much prettier than it appears in the website. Easy to apply. Durable? Idk. We'll see. But I don't think I'll be disappointed!
on December 26, 2011
Well, it took a few tries before I hade the skin lined up properly. It's still not perfect, but looks pretty enough for me.
on December 6, 2011
This skin is really nice. Attaches easily and if you make a mistake, you just peel off and reattach. No mess or hard work required. A must have to decorate you kindle.
on April 1, 2012
The skin was easy to apply, looks great, and so far is very durable. I love the way that it makes my Kindle look different than everyone else's.
on January 19, 2013
I love this product. I love the design options and the price. It protects my Kindle from scratches and dust.
on January 9, 2012
This was a gift. It didn't fit the Kindle that I ordered it for. There should have been more info made available. Too much of a hassle to return it too.
on December 30, 2011
I thought it would offer more protection but it is just a "removable sticker". It identifies mine next to my sisters, but that's about it. Save your money.
on December 8, 2011
Decalgirl Kindle Fire Skin - Flower of Fire

I was dissappointed in the skinfit, I thought it was something like the heavy duty rubber the covers the kindle like the I phone, but it is true to its name decal which I thought was just the design. This will definitely not protect the Kindle in the event of a fall. nice designs though.