Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kindle Fire Skin Kit/Decal - Moon Tree - John E Shannon (does not fit Kindle Fire HD)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on November 28, 2011
The background colors are more muted and darker than appears on the screen. The top front skin was cut a tiny bit too narrow to cover all of the top margin. It fit very well on the back and was thick enough to remove for better placement without wrinkling or tearing.Now that I have it I think the product is too expensive and I wouldn't get another unless the price dropped a few dollars.
33 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2011
Awesome design, beautiful colors, breaks up the drab exterior of your Fire very nicely.

I bought this for fun and also I was hoping for some protection as well. It was very hard to tell from the description if the skin was protective of the screen, it is not.

I still like it, but it is hard to come to terms with purchasing a $20 sticker, I may return it, but if you are looking to just decorate your Kindle, these are truly great, they seam durable so I would be surprised if they didn't last very long.
on April 18, 2012
I expected something more like a phone cover. I love the graphics but the item itself was a little disappointing. Stick on back no problem but the front stick on was a little frustrating. Not worth the price.
on February 14, 2012
I was a bit disappointed when I received this... I thought it was a rubber covering for the Kindle Fire, like the ones you can get for your phone or IPOD. It is not! It's a $20 decal (window dressing) that does not offer any protection. I love the image, though, and decided to keep it. As a result, I also had to purchased a case for the Kindle Fire that truly provided the protection I wanted. Would I recommend this item? For looks only, not for protection.
on January 9, 2012
I just got the kindle fire and was looking at the skins for it. While i love the art work no where did it tell you it was just a stick-on skin. If you want to keep it from peeling off then you need to keep it in some kind of holder. what good is it putting a skin on your kindle when you have to keep it hidden to keep it on
on December 30, 2011
This product was OK but it was not what I expected or wanted....I returned it without opening it..I think you will either like it or not....personal preference...I like the way my kindle fire looks without all the dressing up...
on December 11, 2012
I like it-it's really pretty, however, it doesn't completely cover neither the front nor the back of the kindle fire HD. There's about a half inch on all sides it doesn't cover both front and back. Doesn't bother me as much on the back as it does the front.
on November 30, 2011
The artwork is awesome and that is what drew me to the product.
I got this for my Kindle Fire but they have skins for a wide range of products.
I guess I expected more than just a sticker for the price.
Other than that, it is a good product. A great way to personalize your device.
on June 2, 2013
I was so excited to get this product, until I got it home, opened it up, and found out it was too small. Other than that, I did not have a problem with the product. The image was beautiful, the product's delivery time, great! Its just the size. Huge disappointment! Ugh! :/
on February 19, 2013
As other reviewers have mentioned, this is basically a sticker for your Kindle. It fits the Kindle just fine, and is easy to remove if you make a mistake during application. The skin did stick to my screen protector, so be aware of that. I only had to smooth out a few air bubbles, so it wasn't a big deal.

I have a sturdy cover for using my Kindle outside of my home, so this decal is used for covering it while I'm at home. I definitely would not use it as a primary protection. Also, I purchased this with a 50% off code, but I wouldn't pay full price.

I purchased the library skin and it is looks as pictured. What you see is what you get!