4.0 out of 5 stars add some flare to your fire
Published on November 29, 2011 by Resa

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cover
It is pretty and colorful, not exactly what I was looking for. I wanted more of a vinyl jacket, this is a vinyl sticker.
Published on July 17, 2012 by Crabby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars add some flare to your fire, November 29, 2011
This review is from: Decalgirl Kindle Fire Skin - Winter Sparkle (does not fit Kindle Fire HD) (Accessory)
I've gotten skins from Decalgirl before and I've never been disappointed. I was a bit worried that putting a skin on my Kindle Fire would defeat the purpose of the back which is supposed to keep it from slipping during use as the skins I've gotten have all been glossy. This one, however, is mat and feels almost vinyl so there's no risk of slipping even with the skin applied. The picture is just what it's supposed to be, with bright colors and formatted properly for the Fire. It's easy to apply and comes up easily as you're applying so if you don't position it right the first time you have nothing to worry about (although the longer it stays stuck the harder it is to peel off, although that's also a good thing).

The product was delivered in perfect condition, much quicker than estimated. My estimated ship date was within 2-3 weeks of ordering, and I had my skin withing 4 days.

My only issue with this skin is that, for whatever reason, the front piece doesn't quite cover all the non-screen space at the top and bottom. I tried re-positioning it multiple times, but I always had the same problem. It's not a really noticeable discrepancy, but I was just slightly disappointed because the other skins I've gotten have fit the device perfectly (my ipod and kindle keyboard). Although I'd much rather have it not cover enough of the front than cover the screen.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the product and will continue to purchase skins from Decalgirl in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter Sparkle Sparkles!, December 13, 2011
I purchased a Decalgirl skin for my Kindle keyboard and just had to have one for my Fire. The skin is not meant to protect the Fire but to enhance it. It was fairly easy to put on. The colors in Winter Sparkle are beautiful and true to the picture. When I was looking for a jacket/case for my Fire, I wanted one that would allow the skin to be seen. I bought a M-Edge Incline Jacket. The Incline's half frame mounting system allows about a half of the front and back skin to show. My Fire is protected by the jacket and I can still enjoy seeing Winter Sparkle. Perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cool, December 31, 2011
This is my first purchase from Decal Girl and I was not disappointed! Shipping was fast and the decal arrived in excellent condition. As other reviewers have mentioned before, this skin is NOT intended as a protectant, it's only for decoration. The colors were beautiful and vivid, the decals are a nice matte finish. The decal that goes over the front of the Fire was a little difficult to get centered. It does appear that the front decal may be very slightly too small or the dimensions are a teensy bit off for you to get a completely centered fit on the screen. Other than that, it's a great product and for a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Anyone can apply this!, January 4, 2012
I have ten digits - all of them are THUMBS! But this was extraordinarily easy to apply. It looks beautiful and is very colorful. I previously had the Kindle Latest Edition and had the Moon Tree skin for that one - it was even easier to apply!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Skin!!!, January 13, 2012
Great product! Love the colors! Item works well, does the job of beautification. If I had the money, I'd buy more. It was promptly delivered. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Decal Kindle Fire Skin - Winter Sparkle, January 2, 2012
The Decalgirl Kindle Fire Skin - Winter Sparkle is perfect if you like dark, cool looking things a perfect fit and every where I go I get a comment about how cool looking it is, buy this you will not be sorry

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire Skin Kit, December 31, 2011
Emme E. (New Orleans, LA, USA) - See all my reviews
I must admit, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a product that 'lived-up-to-the-hype'! I will be getting 'skins' for all sorts of gadgets, soon! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to give my Kindle Fire a 'personality' more like MINE!...This 'Winter Sparkle' design is AWESOME!..Great job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better Than I Hoped!!, March 29, 2012
I ordered this decal set the same day I ordered a Kindle Fire and a case to protect it. The case I chose is this one: Kindle Fire Genuine Leather Cover by Marware, Black

I knew I didn't want to put the main decal on the back of my Kindle (where it's designed to go) because it would be completely hidden by the case it was going to stay in. So instead of the normal use, I was hoping the main decal could go on the front of the *case* instead. Guess what?! it fit and adhered to the case PERFECTLY! The result is a protective case so stunningly beautiful, everybody who's seen it is admiring it. It stands out from every other plain electronic case around. And when you open the case, the front of the Kindle is enchantingly framed in the same design as the cover.

Normally I'm a clumsy doofus with decal placement--air bubbles drive me crazy, but they always seem to happen. With these decals though, placement was extremely easy. As other reviews have mentioned, the air bubbles are simple to get rid of by smoothing the air out with your finger. And even if you need to pull the whole thing up and start over, you can. I found this true when placing the framing decal on the Kindle itself as well as placing the large decal on the leather case cover. Once it's been in place awhile the decal is harder to pull off, which is a good thing. Nobody wants to forever be smoothing it down, hoping it will stay.

I love the Winter Sparkle design. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The colors are so rich and vibrant-- pure eye candy! It has an appealing matte finish, and feels good to the touch.

I bought the Kindle Fire and accessories as a birthday gift for myself. Thanks to these decals, *every* day feels like my birthday. It always looks like I'm opening a perfectly wrapped present- who could ask for more?!

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, January 11, 2014
I ordered this skin so I could differentiate my kindle from others and love it! The design is awesome. It is only a skin however and I bought a case to protect it further form damage so I do not see the skin as ofter now

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and easy to apply!, April 9, 2013
This cover fit my Kindle Fire (original) perfectly! It was incredibly easy to apply and even more beautiful in person than it looks in the photographs.

A little side note: just make sure your Kindle is clean before you try to apply!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›