5.0 out of 5 stars A Compassionate and Healing Look At Sexual Betrayal
Claudia Black takes you on a compassionate and healing journey through the confusion, anger and self doubt which results from sexual betrayal. Through the sharing her subjects' personal strories, Claudia explains how painful and destructive sexual betrayal is to all of those involved. She explains, that the behavior and thinking of many who have multiple affairs,...
Published on April 9, 2009 by R. Glackin

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was after
I bought this book thinking it would help me but it seems it was more narrowly focused than I had thought. I didn't recognize myself in the chapter about how 'you didn't get here by accident' - although perhaps it's because my situation is a little different - my partner is at least somewhat homosexually oriented and this was the cause of his ongoing hidden sexual...
Published on May 23, 2011 by RS

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done book, February 26, 2010
This review is from: Deceived: Facing Sexual Betrayal Lies and Secrets (Paperback)
As I have gone through my healing, this book gave me understanding I needed. Dr Black gave words for my experiences. I wish I had read this book a few years ago earlier in my healing. A difficult subject handled with care.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book's a lifesaver!, February 26, 2011
I am so thankful for this book! Feeling such despair and hopelessness, I found and purchased this book. I haven't even finished it, but the insight into sexual addiction it has provided, as well as the emphasis, hope, and tools for my own personal recovery is amazing! I am only on page 66, but have already learned so much. I can't wait to finish.

If you are like me and have recently had your life as you "knew" it ended due to this terrible disease of sexual addiction, I highly recommend you get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deceived, April 28, 2014
excellent book. helps take away the personal betrayal that your spouse did while sexually acting out for 20 year. please read it

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, March 22, 2014
This is the first book I read after my discovery it was so helpful and encouraging. After reading many more books on the subject, I'm glad I read this one first!

5.0 out of 5 stars a great help, January 3, 2014
After going through a tough time a few years back, this book really explained alot and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief that I was not all to blame for what happened to me. Yes, we are all human.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to face reality, December 23, 2013
If you've ever been in a relationship/marriage where your gut is telling you that something is just not quite right, read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good book for those dealing with lies and secrets., June 12, 2013
The book has good annotations as well as an accurate description of a life of secrets, blame and lies by omission as well as out right lies. I found it very helpful along with counseling sessions.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, June 9, 2013
This review is from: Deceived (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the best books out there for those dealing with sex addiction and betrayal in a spouse or partner. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deceived, April 28, 2013
A must read for any partner of a sex addict. Provides a safe context for exploring sex addiction and the partner's behaviors related to the addiction. I found this book extremely validating as well as informative, providing me with insights into how I came to be in this relationship and what I can address to begin healing. Kudos to Claudia Black.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deceived, April 3, 2013
bsimeon (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deceived (Kindle Edition)
This was a great book and really described well the feelings somebody has when they have been deceived by another person and the healing that has to take place to rebuild the relationship.

Deceived: Facing Sexual Betrayal Lies and Secrets
Deceived: Facing Sexual Betrayal Lies and Secrets by Claudia Black (Paperback - February 20, 2009)
$14.95 $12.35