Customer Discussions > Need for Speed: Rivals forum

December 27 delivery date?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 127 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2013 9:01:25 PM PST
Dawn M says:
For me Knack shipped today, due for Thursday delivery, however Killzone is slated for a Tuesday delivery. (Cancelled first order, but second order was when KZ listed 1-2 extra days for processing) This still has the unknown delivery date for me. Won't get my hopes up for Friday delivery.

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 9:52:16 PM PST
I just talked to customer support on this. My order says estimated delivery December 30th. He told me that this isn't right and that once the game is released I should see the estimated delivery date change. He said the latest I should get it is the 20th of November, but probably earlier. Just ordered today with the buy two get one free.

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 9:56:11 PM PST
Dawn M says:
Seems the site had been a bit of a flusterchuck as of late, which makes me fear for the holiday season...

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 10:13:42 PM PST
Shopper says:
I talked to an amazon rep this morning after I did the B2G1 promotion because my delivery estimate was December 30th. He said that there will be more inventory coming in and that I will definitely have the game by next week.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2013 12:27:40 AM PST
J. Sedano says:
Yea I got that as well... Shoulf of gotten NBA 2K14 lol. Hopefully it's not until the 30th....

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 2:08:09 AM PST
M. Weekley says:
This comment thread has put me a little at ease. I did the B2G1 and took a risk with Need for Speed since I've never played a game in the series before. Closest I've gotten to a more recent racer was Burnout Paradise because of its ability to do lots of stuff in an open world.

I got an email recently saying the delivery date was going to be 12/30. To me that's not acceptable so I hope this is a glitch like most are suggesting and nothing more.

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 4:42:24 AM PST
It received an email with an updated delivery date of 4th December which, factoring in shipping time to Singapore, is much closer to what I hoped. Relieved.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2013 8:43:25 AM PST
M. Landolfi says:
if you cancel the game, won't that leave you paying for 2 games and not getting one free? may as well just wait for it

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 9:06:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2013 9:08:54 AM PST
D. Brady says:
Apparently this issue is not unique to Amazon. I went to my local GameStop and talked to the manager, who I know pretty well, and asked if I could go ahead and pick up NFS. He said they were not going to get it until hopefully launch day, and didn't even know if they would have it for the midnight release. I already got my free game from Amazon (FIFA), which is funny considering the game that made me eligible is still able to be cancelled...

I called Amazon yesterday and they said my order is confirmed for pre order, so I will receive it as soon as they get their copies. I preordered on the 10th and they said I was still on the first shipment, so I'm guess it will be Friday or Saturday.

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 9:36:52 AM PST
Matt Bednar says:
I contacted support this week and received the following:

I see that you've placed the pre-order on November 10 and we haven't received finalized details from our suppliers regarding inventory of Need for Speed Rivals - PlayStation 4 that were placed on November 9, 10 and 11. As soon as we receive more details from our suppliers we'll finalize your estimated delivery date for your order. As advised above Amazon will ship these items on a first-come, first-served basis.

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 10:18:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2013 10:24:39 AM PST
J. Amick says:
So I guess this is at the fault of EA for not shipping the games in time.

I got this from Amazon:

"Thank you for holding, I am sorry for the wait, this item should be delivered on the release date, as of now it is showing the estimated delivery date as unknown. We will send you an email with the estimated delivery date."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2013 11:08:18 AM PST
D. Brady says:
Yea, I think it was an issue of supply. This game was not a launch title until 2 weeks ago. It sounds like the demand was higher than they had inventory to fill, so the disc you get may still be hot from the press.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2013 2:08:05 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 5:53:27 PM PST
Antiseptic says:
I recently changed to one day shipping. I got an email today saying my order has been changed to release date delivery with estimate Nov.15th.

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 1:53:15 AM PST
Adam33 says:
I chose prime two day and I got an email with the delivery date for Nov. 19th

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2013 3:22:00 AM PST
Steven says:
I received that email also, but now it says Monday Nov 18th on my order page. Guess we will see.

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 4:15:02 AM PST
Adam33 says:
Mines now preparing to ship.

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 7:29:23 AM PST
S. G. SMITH says:
Got the same notification.

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 8:38:45 AM PST
D. Drafahl says:
Mine still has no delivery date. I have nba 2k14 arriving on Tuesday with this one still unknown. Really frustrating that I could have bought these at target 2 days ago.

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 10:13:33 AM PST
J. Malone says:
No delivery date here, either. Ordered last Sunday with the B2G1 offer.

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 11:04:06 AM PST
D. Brady says:
Preordered on the 10th and just received notification I would receive it by the 19th. I'm kind of peeved this was not truly a launch title because I'm really looking forward to playing this. Guess I'll just have to wait because I would rather have the Aston Martin skin than the GameStop promo.

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 12:54:52 PM PST
Adam33 says:
Mine shipped today for delivery tomorrow via usps.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2013 1:05:00 PM PST
tlp says:
Adam33, when did you order?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2013 1:20:04 PM PST
Adam33 says:
Ordered Nov 10th, amazon sent me a code for a free game a couple of days early before the buy two get one free went live on their website since I had bought a few other games that had already shipped. My order was showing no estimated delivery date since the 10th, got the email for the 19th last night and it went to preparing soon this morning. Shipped today from PA to NY via Usps. I chose prime free 2 day. Hope this info helps.

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 1:29:14 PM PST
I have shipping now but it didn't give any tracking info.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  71
Total posts:  127
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Need for Speed: Rivals
Need for Speed: Rivals by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 4)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (387)