Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 3, 2007 2:00:34 AM PDT
I love seeing ol' Pogo strips reprinted, with all those zany characters-Porky-Pine, Howland Owl, Churchy la Femme, Albert, Beauregard, Mam'zelle Hepzibah and the others! Wow! I go pogo!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2008 4:26:50 PM PDT
Walla Walla Wash., and Kalamazoo!

I agree! And, if you want to try a manga series that is very Pogo-like, check out Ouran High School Host Club. The premise is way different - a bunch of rich kids in a Japanese high school (except for one down-to-earth character), but they all behave as zanily as the Pogo characters. I was able to draw perfect analogies between most of the characters from Ouran and someone from Pogo (e.g., the blustering blowhard high school guy is Albert, the down-to-earth kid is Pogo, etc.).

I go Pogo!

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 10:15:24 AM PST
David says:
Nora's freezin' on the trolley,

Check out Jon Carroll's column in today's SF Chron, about this book and Kelly carol:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2011/11/08/DD271LQORA.DTL
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Aug 3, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pogo: The Complete Daily & Sunday Comic Strips, Vol. 1: Through the Wild Blue Wonder (v. 1)
Pogo: The Complete Daily & Sunday Comic Strips, Vol. 1: Through the Wild Blue Wonder (v. 1) by Walt Kelly (Hardcover - December 5, 2011)
4.9 out of 5 stars   (95)