Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life
Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 28, 2012
Is this new information.. no... is it practical, understandable, and helpful? Yes. This book is for the person who has not alot of time to devote to early morning bible study but would like to start the day with positive thoughts and biblically based reaffirmations. The point of this book is to come to the understanding that what you speak is how you think. If you stay in the spirit with your thoughts, you will work i the spirit throughout the day. Yes, Joyce Meyer also has hammered this home in her books and messages too but I have heard it and read it multiple times and still grabbed this book and read it first thing in morning to start my day right. For that.. it is worth it!!!
on November 2, 2012
What we say matters. So as you declare these things over your life & your family & friends, you just see your world changing for the better. Invest in yourself & direct your life you want it to go by speaking God's word back to Him, He's waiting to hear from you. Remember proverbs 18:21 says life & death are n the power of the tongue, so speak LIFE abundantly!
on October 31, 2015
I have read/listened to this book daily for several months and will continue to do so. Thru a very trying year (death of a parent, divorce & etc), this book has really focused me on what's most important in my life - having a close relationship with GOD. I have read/listened to several of Joel's books but this is the one that I will continue to read daily with my bible. Thank you Joel for writing this book of declarations.
on October 29, 2014
I am a big Joel Osteen fan. I read for 15 min or so before I go to bed each night.
This ends my day on a very positive note...I thank God for all his blessings in my life... Then I can go to sleep
Knowing God is watching over me. I have also purvhased thru Amazon a couple of Joel's books on CD. I wake up to one of his CDs every morning ... Listen to it while getting ready... Really uplifting...
Perfect start to a great day!!!
I highly recommend. I also have one of his CDs in my car...
I believe my investment in Joel Osteen's books and C D's have very
Influential in making me a better person , a better Christian, and has improved
My life overall.
on March 21, 2016
I love Pastor Osteen's books. I ordered this one for my brother and thought it a little odd that the hardcover price was less than the paperback book. I figured it must not sell as much so the price was lowered. Little did I know that the hardcover was a tiny book smaller than a man's wallet (see dimensions). Just wanted you to know just in case the size of the book matters. Content-wise... I'm satisfied.
on November 28, 2012
While I'm not a regular follower of Osteen, I found this book to be the perfect book to read right before bed or upon awakening as it helped me to focus on the infinite possibilities of this blessed life. While Osteen is a preacher by trade, I really liked this book because I didn't feel like I was being talked down to or preached to as I often feel when I read similar books by other authors. A 5 star, feel-better-about-your-life read!
on September 20, 2012
If you have the CD set "Declarations" published by Joel in 2010-2011 and provided as a free gift with a "love offering" to his ministry, you have this entire book. All of the declarations and stories are exactly the same. I was disappointed, I paid money for something that I already owned in a different media format that was repackaged into a book. Very upsetting. If you have never heard the cd's you are good to go.
1919 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2015
This is a daily devotional for 31 days and is so inspirational that everyone should have it! I have read it daily over and over and finally, just started reading the I Declare section each day and not the entire chapter as I almost know them by heart. Joel Osteen is one of the top authors in Inspirational writing today and love all of his books!
on April 22, 2015
This book helped to break out of a dark place in my soul, after being betrayed by my husband. Their affair had started before he married me, and continued during our 18 years of marriage, until her husband knocked on my door.
It was just a verse, a short synopsis, a short story per chapter. I couldn't stand to read much more while my soul was in that horrible place. The book geantly prodded me back into the arms and thinking that can only come from God.
Since, I've bought it as gifts for anyone I've met that needs an encouraging word.
on December 13, 2012
I'm not big into prosperity gospel, but I believe Pastor Osteen exceeds your typical "Think positive and the world will work for you" mantra. Though he rarely states scripture and verse, he does expound on the principles of scripture, reaffirming that what God has promised He will do. I find encouragement in that.