1,645 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and convenient daily devotional
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Summary
I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life by Joel Osteen

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us." Ephesians 3:20 (King James Version)

Published 20 months ago by Princess

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and convenient daily devotional, October 5, 2012
Thirty-one good devotionals that each focuses on a different one of God's promises to us. These are just the right length for me. Each morning I spend about 5-10 minutes to read, study and meditate on that day's devotion. The topic for that morning becomes my theme for the day. For example today being the 5th the topic/theme is to be grateful to God for all of his blessings. So today whenever I had a free moment I did just that.
I plan for this to be my morning devotional for the next 12-15 months. Each month with each re-reading and meditation I will go further and deeper with the daily themes than I did the month before.
I am also keeping a notebook in which I will write my thoughts and insights. I have a section at the end where I am recording every time I see God's hand at work in my life. In just five days I have nine entries.
If you are looking for a daily devotional that is upbeat, inspiring and designed for someone with a busy life then this may be what you are looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Game Changer!, September 18, 2012
Often times we forget the things that are promised to us and how our words can create or repel our future. This is an absolutely priceless alternative for the mostly negative news, first thing in the morning diet. This is also great for playing in the background, as your kids are getting ready for school. If you don't think what you hear in the morning gets recycled all day, listen to a song first thing when you awake and you will get my point. You will sing it all day.

This is a uber-fantastic piece of work. I could not be more pleased. Bravo!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another solid addition to Your Joel Osteen Collection, September 19, 2012
I LOVE everything Joel Osteen. I think his love, compassion, and inspiration make him a tremendous minister and a wonderful person. His books offer so much insight into God and have helped so many nurture their own private and personal relationship with God. Although his newest book is another excellent addition to the collection, it is not as as good as his previous ones, especially Every Day A Friday. The book itself is pretty short. I am not a very fast reader but i finished it in one sitting pretty quickly. Granted, its supposed to be read once a day for a month for the full effect but even so it still feels a little short. Also, a lot of the stories in his book are compiled from his other books which makes his newest book feel slightly rehashed. To sum it up: If you like Joel Osteen then you probably cant go wrong with buying this book, but if you have read all of his other books and are not sure if to buy it, then you could probably skip it and not miss too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Encouraging, October 26, 2012
To be honest, I am not a big Joel Osteen fan but I felt very drawn to this book. It has ministered and encouraged me as I have read through this promises. It is so easy to forget that God's promises are yes and amen when you are going through hardship. I encourage you to read it and re-read the promises. I have been praying these declarations and I am seeing situations change, family members receiving the favor God in various area's of their lives. I have gained more peace as well because my spirit has been ministered to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginning to see the light 54, October 8, 2012
Mr. Joel Osteen, all that I can say is that you have saved my life and yet we have never even met. You give me Hope. Reading your books have helped me to see and believe that I am one of GOD's children and well deserving of all the goodness, victory and abundance that is promised to those who love, praise and follow our Father's wishes. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, you are to me a true deliverer of positive energy, Sincerely

3.0 out of 5 stars Summary, January 4, 2013
I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life by Joel Osteen

1. I Declare God's incredible blessings over my life. I will see an explosion of God's goodness, a sudden widespread increase. I will experience the surpassing greatness of God's favor. It will elevate me to a level higher than I ever dreamed of. Explosive blessings are coming my way. This is my declaration.

2. I Declare I will experience God's faithfulness. I will not worry. I will not doubt. I will keep my trust in Him, knowing that He will not fail me. I will give birth to every promise God put in my heart and I will become everything God has created me to be. This is my declaration.

3. I Declare I have the grace I need for today. I am full of power, strength, and determination. Nothing I face will ever be too much for me. I will overcome every obstacle, outlast every challenge, and come through every difficulty better off than I was before. This is my declaration.

4. I Declare it's not too late to accomplish everything God has placed in my heart. I have not missed my window of opportunity. God has moments of favor in my future. He is preparing me right now because He is about to release something a special grace to help me accomplish that dream. This is my time. This is my moment. I receive it today! This is my declaration.

5. I Declare I am grateful for who God is in my life and for what He's done. I will not take for granted the people, the opportunities, and the favor He has blessed me with. I will look at what is right and not what is wrong. I will thank Him for what I have and not complain about what I don't have. I will see each day as a gift from God. My heart will overflow with praise and gratitude for all of His goodness. This is my declaration.

6. I Declare a legacy of faith over my life. I declare I will store up blessings for future generations. My life is marked by excellence and integrity. Because I am making right choices and taking steps of faith, others will want to follow me. God's abundance is surrounding my life today. This is my declaration.

7. I Declare that God has a great plan for my life. He is directing my steps. And even though I may not always understand how, I know my situation is not a surprise to God. He will work out every detail to my advantage. In His perfect timing, everything will turn out right. This is my declaration.

8. I Declare God's dream for my life is coming to pass. It will not be stopped by people, disappointments, or adversities. God has solutions to every problem I ever face already lined up. The right people and the right breaks are in my future. I will fulfill my destiny. This is my declaration.

9. I Declare unexpected blessings are coming my way. I will move forward from barely making it to having more than enough. God will open up supernatural doors for me. He will speak to the right people about me. I will see Ephesians 3:20, exceedingly, abundantly, above-and-beyond favor and increase in my life. This is my declaration.

10. I Declare that God will accelerate His plan for my life as I put my trust in Him. I will accomplish my dreams faster than I thought possible. It will not take years to overcome an obstacle, to get out of debt, or to meet the right person. God is doing things faster than before. He will give me victory sooner than I think. He has blessings that will thrust me years ahead. This is my declaration.

11. I Declare Ephesians 3:20 over my life. God will do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that I ask or think. Because I honor him, his blessings will chase me down and overtake me. I will be in the right place at the right time. People will go out of their way to be good to me. I am surrounded by God's favor. This is my declaration.

12. I Declare I am special and extraordinary. I am not average. I have been custom-made. I am one of a kind. Of all the things God created, what he is most proud of is me. I am His masterpiece, his most prized possession. I will keep my head held high, knowing I am a child of the most high God, made in his very image. This is my declaration. Amen.

13. I Declare that God is bringing about new seasons of growth. I will not get stagnant and hold on to the old. I will be open to change knowing that God has something better in front of me. New doors of opportunity, new relationships, and new levels of favor are in my future. This is my declaration.

14. I Declare I will use my words to bless people. I will speak favor and victory over my family, friends, and loved ones. I will help call out their seeds of greatness by telling them "I'm proud of you, I love you, you are amazing, you are talented, you are beautiful, you will do great things in life." This is my declaration.

15. I Declare that I have a sound mind filled with good thoughts, not with thoughts of defeat. By faith, I am well able. I am anointed. I am equipped. I am empowered. My thoughts are guided by God's Word every day. No obstacle can defeat me, because my mind is programmed for victory. This is my declaration.

16. I Declare that I will live as a healer. I am sensitive to the needs of those around me. I will lift the fallen, restore the broken, and encourage the discouraged. I am full of compassion and kindness. I won't just look for a miracle; I will become someone's miracle by showing God's love and mercy everywhere I go. This is my declaration.

17. I Declare I will put actions behind my faith. I will not be passive or indifferent. I will demonstrate my faith by taking bold steps toward what God has put in my heart. My faith will not be hidden; it will be seen. I know when God sees my faith He will show up and do amazing things. This is my declaration.

18. I Declare breakthroughs are coming in my life, sudden bursts of God's goodness. Not a trickle. Not a stream. But a flood of God's power. A flood of healing. A flood of wisdom. A flood of favor. I am a breakthrough person and I choose to live breakthrough minded. I am expecting God to overwhelm me with His goodness and amaze me with his favor. This is my declaration.

19. I Declare there is an anointing of ease on my life. God is going before me making crooked places straight. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. I will not continually struggle. What used to be difficult will not be difficult anymore. God's favor and blessing on my life is lightening the load and taking the pressure off. This is my declaration.

20. I Declare that I am calm and peaceful. I will not let people or circumstances upset me. I will rise above every difficulty, knowing that God has given me the power to remain calm. I choose to live my life happy, bloom where I am planted, and let God fight my battles. This is my declaration.

21. I Declare God's supernatural favor over my life. What I could not make happen on my own, God will make happen for me. Supernatural opportunities, healing, restoration, and breakthroughs are coming my way. I am getting stronger, healthier, and wise. I will discover talent that I didn't know I had and I will accomplish my God-given dream. This is my declaration.

22. I Declare I will live victoriously. I was created in the image of God. I have the DNA of a winner. I am wearing crown of favor. Royal blood flows through my veins. I am the head, never the tail, above never beneath. I will live with purpose, passion, and praise, knowing that I was destined to live in victory. This is my declaration.

23. I Declare I am a people builder. I will look for opportunities to encourage others to being out the best in them and to help them accomplish their dreams. I will speak words of faith and victor, affirming them, approving them, letting them know they are valued. I will call out their seeds of greatness, helping them rise higher and become all God created them to be. This is my declaration.

24. I Declare I will speak only positive words of faith and victory over myself, my family, and my future. I will not use my words to describe the situation. I will use my words to change my situation. I will call in favor, good breaks, healing, and restoration. I will not talk to God about how big my problems are. I will talk to my problems about how big my God is. This is my declaration.

25. I Declare I will not just survive; I will thrive! I will prosper despite every difficulty that may come my way. I know every setback is a setup for a comeback. I will not get stagnant, give up on my dreams, or settle where I am. I know one touch of God's favor can change everything. I'm ready for a year of blessings and a year of thriving! This is my declaration.

26. I Declare I will choose faith over fear! I will meditate on what is positive and what is good about my situation. I will use my energy not to worry but to believe. Fear has no part in my life. I will not dwell on negative, discouraging thoughts. My mind is set on what God says about me. I know His plan for me is for success, victory, and abundance. This is my declaration.

27. I Declare I am equipped for every good work God has planned for me. I am anointed and empowered by the Creator of the universe. Every bondage, every limitation, is being broken off of me. This is my time to shine. I will rise higher, overcome every obstacle, and experience victory like never before! This is my declaration!

28. I Declare I will ask God for big things in my life. I will pray bold prayers and expect big and believe big. I will ask God to bring to pass those hidden dreams that are deep in my heart. If certain promises don't look like they will happen, I will not be intimidated and give up. I will pray with boldness, expecting God to show himself strong, knowing nothing is too difficult for Him. This is my declaration.

29. I Declare God is working all things together for my good. He has a master plan for my life. There may be things I don't understand right now but I'm not worries. I know all the pieces aren't here yet. One day it will all come together and everything will make sense. I will see God's amazing plan taking me places I never dreamed of. This is my declaration.

30. I Declare God is going before me making crooked places straight. He has already lined up the right people, the right opportunities and solutions to problems I haven't had. No person, no sickness, no disappointment, can stop His plan. What he promised will come to pass. This is my declaration.

31. I Declare everything that doesn't line up with God's vision is subject to change. Sickness, trouble, lack, mediocrity, are not permanent. They are only temporary. I will not be moved by what I see but by what I know. I am a victor and never a victim. I will become all God has created me to be. This is my declaration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly inspiring!, October 6, 2012
This book has brought out an amazingly positive spirit in me. The declarations in this book build you up and help you realize that things in your life can be positive if you believe in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend the book., November 5, 2012
barbara seving (lakewood, CO, US) - See all my reviews
For the most part I really enjoyed reading this book and reflecting upon what I can use in my own life that is there. I feel like it is a bit too predictable as far as situation and outcome are concerned in many places and frankly becomes a little boring at times because of that. The part I enjoyed the most was the very end of the book which refers to the scripture about moving mountains and how to get them to move. I had a terrible situation a few years back and looked up that scripture and did exactly what it said <very Loudly> and the mountain began to move and kept moving until it was gone. Wow!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Norman Vincent Peale for the 21st Century, April 11, 2013
I moved to Houston, last September, not really looking to attend church after so many years away, but a years worth of ispirational book reading, and a friend's recommendation to read this book, led me to begin attending Lakewood.

Joel Osteen reminds me of the inspirational, prosperity, think positive, God wants you to succeed, gospel preached at pulpit and in book, by Norman Vincent Peale.

31 essays on ways to change your life for the better, It is a book that I read in a day, and found thought provoking, and very inspirational. He can make his points in a worthwhile, humorous, way that one won't forget, in far fewer pages than many of the usual suspects in the TV and Mega Church world can.

There is a sincerity that comes across, as well, and he can be self-deprecating when it will help make his point.

The first day I attended the church I got in line afterwards to have him sign my copy of this book.
I shook his hand and told him I was a creative writer and hopeful future author recently moved here, with hopes of starting fresh, career-wise, personally and creatively, and asked if he had any advice for such a person.

He smiled, looked at me, and said "Wherever you go, there you are"....A message on my wall at home.

3 Simple Rules of Life:

If you don't go after what you want, you will never have it.

If you don't ask, the answer will always be no.

If you do not step forward, you will always be in the same place.

You think I was meant to go to church that day? :-D

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for early morning start, September 28, 2012
Is this new information.. no... is it practical, understandable, and helpful? Yes. This book is for the person who has not alot of time to devote to early morning bible study but would like to start the day with positive thoughts and biblically based reaffirmations. The point of this book is to come to the understanding that what you speak is how you think. If you stay in the spirit with your thoughts, you will work i the spirit throughout the day. Yes, Joyce Meyer also has hammered this home in her books and messages too but I have heard it and read it multiple times and still grabbed this book and read it first thing in morning to start my day right. For that.. it is worth it!!!

I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life
I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life by Joel Osteen (Audio CD - September 18, 2012)
$64.99 $50.89
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies